PDA

View Full Version : Coins for sale

Ardwen
03-19-2015, 04:27 AM
Starting at 10 per million, volume discounts available. Essentially any quantity is available.

Still have a considerable reserve

Buckwheet
03-19-2015, 08:32 AM
How about twenty two point one billion?

TheBastardOfStark
03-19-2015, 08:43 AM
oh snap!

JackWhisper
03-19-2015, 11:00 AM
oh snap!

The really really mindblowing part is...

1) Ardwen probably has that much, for real.

2) Buckwheet probably wants to buy that much, for real.

Aaaaand now everyone's depressed.

Donquix
03-19-2015, 11:02 AM
that would explain ardwen trying to bum that .1 billion on lnet earlier

Luftstreitkräfte
03-19-2015, 11:15 AM
at 10 per 22 billion is $220,000. Can't wait til the IRS gets wind of this one.

sadrin
03-19-2015, 01:31 PM
at 10 per 22 billion is $220,000. Can't wait til the IRS gets wind of this one.

If that 22 billion figure is true, that is an amazing and fascinating amount of money held by one person in gemstone silver. But it wouldn't be worth anywhere near $220,000. I'm not really familiar with the GS silver market but it's clearly very small. Liquidating that amount of silver in any reasonable amount of time would require a much lower conversion rate.

JackWhisper
03-19-2015, 01:45 PM
But it wouldn't be worth anywhere near $220,000. I'm not really familiar with the GS silver market but it's clearly very small.

Thank you, economic guru. Your wisdom will be reviewed in future generations.

Toss one decent pay event into it, and half that number would be moved near on instantly, for well over the current 10/mil ratio, simply from the fees incurred during the event.

Jeez. RTCF/CCF did what, 1-3 billion PER run? In fees alone? Didn't include how much coinage moved between hands during that, but it was easily in the billions.e

JackWhisper
03-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Note - CCF doesn't count for the fees comment. They used a different payment scale system for that event. But a fuckton of coins still were sold and shifted during it.

Luftstreitkräfte
03-19-2015, 02:00 PM
he should offer 7.5 per mil with 2.5 per mil going to Uncle Sam i'm sure it would all move immediately with the level of patriots we have in the community

sadrin
03-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Thank you, economic guru. Your wisdom will be reviewed in future generations.

Toss one decent pay event into it, and half that number would be moved near on instantly, for well over the current 10/mil ratio, simply from the fees incurred during the event.

Jeez. RTCF/CCF did what, 1-3 billion PER run? In fees alone? Didn't include how much coinage moved between hands during that, but it was easily in the billions.e

What is with the sarcastic response? I am open to being wrong and like I said I don't much about buying and selling silver or even these pay events. I should just stay away but I really didn't like your sarcasm, especially because it didn't prove my post wrong in any way.

Your logic is that because these rare pay events come along every once in a while, that magically solves the liquidity problem. So if at any time over the last several months or year you wanted to convert 22 billion to cash, no problem, I'm sure Bank of America will be glad to give you an interest free loan for your silvers at 10 per until the next as yet unannounced as yet rtcf. And even then you can apparently unload just half of that (if that's even believable) and spend the next 2.5 years trying to sell the remaining half at close to 10 per without flooding the market. Or maybe wait until yet another rtcf for that elusive cash out opportunity at "full" value.

Crime
03-19-2015, 03:54 PM
I don't believe it is taxable as it's under the veil iron curtain! Free Money!

Jarvan
03-19-2015, 04:01 PM
What is with the sarcastic response? I am open to being wrong and like I said I don't much about buying and selling silver or even these pay events. I should just stay away but I really didn't like your sarcasm, especially because it didn't prove my post wrong in any way.

Your logic is that because these rare pay events come along every once in a while, that magically solves the liquidity problem. So if at any time over the last several months or year you wanted to convert 22 billion to cash, no problem, I'm sure Bank of America will be glad to give you an interest free loan for your silvers at 10 per until the next as yet unannounced as yet rtcf. And even then you can apparently unload just half of that (if that's even believable) and spend the next 2.5 years trying to sell the remaining half at close to 10 per without flooding the market. Or maybe wait until yet another rtcf for that elusive cash out opportunity at "full" value.

Yes, 22 bill would take awhile to sell. It would sell. Period. Maybe over 2 years... BUT... we are talking 220k here.... I don't think ANYONE would complain about ONLY making 110k a year in extra money.

There are ALWAYS people looking for silver, always people buying silver, ALWAYS events going on where silver is needed. If you had 22 billion in silver in your bank, it is pretty much a sure bet you will make your money off it. Unless Simu closes shop out of the blue.

JackWhisper
03-19-2015, 04:04 PM

Settle down, Scuba Steve! I shall explain.

Paypal credit card solves a lot of the issues of converting silvers to cash to using said cash. Just move charges to Paypal. Works pretty well.

And, according to the market, and the post history on PC, in the last two months, over 1bil have been sold in total. Someone can get the exact math as close as they can if they want. No event. Approximately 160mil of that was from my sales thread. Again, that's two months out of the year with no event announced. The market goes up, depending on the quality of the pay event announced, in the last half decade, between 10% and 120% maximum, that I've seen. The best I've seen was RTCF in 2013, 18 bucks per mil. It was short lived, and drained off to 15 per mil, and down to 8 per mil several months ago, and up to 10 per a couple months back *when I started selling silvers I charged 10 per mil. And I've sold at that price successfully*.

I do think that it's difficult to transition that amount of coin to Paypal to real world, but not impossible.

If there is another pay event announced, it will heavily influence silvers rates. Pairing that with the fees and raffle costs imposed at events, it drains a LOT of capital from the game, and raises the price of silvers, and ease of sale.

Sarcasm aside, I hope this helps you with your intellectual foray into the silvers market, sincerely. =)

SHAFT
03-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Jack, you might be the most helpful person on the PC.

JackWhisper
03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Jack, you might be the most helpful person on the PC.

Nope.

sadrin
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm not really sure what you're getting at. If total PC sales are 1 billion a year, then what do you think happens when 22 times that much is sold in a short period? Why are silvers listed on here for 10 mil but discounted for larger volume?

Anyway, it was just a casual observation in response to that other guy, and I don't think either of us really cares. I'm sure we agree that it's an impressive amount any way you look at it.

Tgo01
03-19-2015, 07:06 PM
So...are the silvers still for sale?

Ardwen
03-19-2015, 07:12 PM
some are!

Buckwheet
03-19-2015, 08:50 PM
some are!

Picked up slightly less than my original request, only got a couple bil. Smooth as always with Ardwen.

Thondalar
03-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Picked up slightly less than my original request, only got a couple bil. Smooth as always with Ardwen.

Pfft. Dennis is a hack, don't lie.

Thondalar
03-19-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm not really sure what you're getting at. If total PC sales are 1 billion a year, then what do you think happens when 22 times that much is sold in a short period? Why are silvers listed on here for 10 mil but discounted for larger volume?

Anyway, it was just a casual observation in response to that other guy, and I don't think either of us really cares. I'm sure we agree that it's an impressive amount any way you look at it.

I'd wager total annual sales of all transactions on PC are greater than 1 bill, but I'd have to do some research that I really don't feel like doing. I know that, personally, I dealt with about 500m last year in single-direction transactions, and I'm not even a "major player", so...that's what I'm basing that on.

Edit: keep in mind, a lot of things go on "off the books", so to speak...although I generally leave my sales posts up because I like it when others do the same for "market research" and whatnot...a lot don't. On top of that, some people put up a post for, say, 100m silvers or whatnot, and will sell more when contacted in private by certain people...I've done that on a few occasions.

Ardwen
03-19-2015, 09:06 PM
Totally monthly sales are north of 1 billion, add in items and they are way way past that.

Thondalar
03-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Totally monthly sales are north of 1 billion, add in items and they are way way past that.

yep.

Tgo01
03-19-2015, 09:15 PM
1 billion silvers are sold every month? That's a lotta silvers.

Thondalar
03-19-2015, 09:21 PM

I don't think that many silvers are sold every month, as far as silvers=cash, but the total volume of trade on PC would probably be about that.

Ardwen
03-23-2015, 05:41 PM
Baddda bump!

Jarvan
03-23-2015, 05:46 PM

I would say that 1 Billion in silvers per month is easy, certainly easy if you take item = Cash sales as well as silver to cash. To me, selling an item for 100 mill, then selling the 100 mill is the same as directly selling it for cash. Since the buyer would have had to get the silver from somewhere if they didn't have it.

Also Bump.

Androidpk
03-23-2015, 06:29 PM

Buck is back??

Buckwheet
03-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Buck is back??

Not playing. Doesn't mean I am not facilitating transactions behind the scenes.

Androidpk
03-23-2015, 07:03 PM

http://www.reviewstl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mr-burns-smithers-simpsons-voice-harry-shearer-300x208.jpg

Alashir
03-23-2015, 07:59 PM

What does that even mean

Jarvan
03-23-2015, 08:04 PM
What does that even mean

Maybe he is buying for someone else so people don't know who is hording coins prior to an event.

Ardwen
03-24-2015, 08:17 PM
Bump!

Ardwen
03-26-2015, 04:45 AM
Bump

Ardwen
03-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Bump

Ardwen
04-10-2015, 07:17 PM
Bump! Hurry up and get em, almost under 10 digits left! or not

Ardwen
04-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Bumpity bump bump!!!

Ardwen
04-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Baddabump!!!!

Ardwen
04-21-2015, 02:56 PM
And Bump!

Ardwen
05-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Bump!

Schoolin'
05-05-2015, 01:36 PM
While I don't doubt for a moment that Ardwen might be an billionaire, I doubt if anyone has 22 billion. A great trader and honest, Ardwen deserves whatever he has acquired. There were a lot of sleazo traders around, but they seem to have wanderd away.