PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Renaissance Festival

Back
09-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Ok, put this under gatherings, cause its a place to gather...

If you are in the area, YOU"VE GOT TO GO!

Went on Labor Day and I swear, its a real life Artisan Faire. They have everything.

Clothes. Saw a sweet black suede cloak, with inner breast pockets, for $1200 along with assorted clothing, pouches, drinking horns, chaimail bikinis and everything else you could think of. Oh, an awesome set of deep brown woman's leathers (low cut top, short skirt) embroidered with green leaves.

Food. Cheap and mm mm good. In one day I had fish & chips (Sadly, not English style, but good anyway), a clam chowder breadbowl, and a chicken empinada. Also had "Ribbin Fries". Thinly cut potato ribbons deep fried like potato chips. And thats just a small sample.

Beer. $2 Miller or Coors lite, $3 Fordham Oktoberfest or Bock.

Cleavage!

Shows and music. Saw "Tag Team Romeo And Julliet" that was hilarious and had a very healthy attitude towards sex, and the band "The Rogues", Irish/Celtic traditional bagpipes, drums and mandolin. When they played, the people in the pub went nuts and started dancing traditional dance.

Jousting!

Arts and crafts. Saw some sweet ass rapiers and other swords that were meant for business. Very well made. $130-$250 bucks.

Its as large as an amusment park and almost as elaborate. Nothing real mechanical. No rides, but games like Axe Throwing, and Drench the Wench.

Cleavage!

Entrance for $16 for the day, $13 with a Giant card.

Its on through October and I plan to go as many weekends as possible between then and now. Matter of fact, I have a date for this Sunday.

Do it, you'll be glad you did. I'd even hook up with someone/s on these boards, as long as you don't want to hurt me.

Halfsilver
09-04-2003, 09:53 PM
I went, Backlash.

Yeah it's definitely worth the cash.

I made the same comment about it being like a Gemstone merchant event.

It was hilarious when my father and sister put on armor and attacked eachother with blunted swords, trying to pop the balloon on the other's head.
:lol:

-grays

edited: saw the Rogues there last year...alot of fun to watch...good music.

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Halfsilver]

Back
09-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Forgot to mention its also the biggest Renaissance Festival in the US.

Dighn Darkbeam
09-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Meh, I have been and didnt like it as much as the Michigan Ren Fest.

Dead Bob is the man!

Kailya
10-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Michigan Fest?! When's that?

Kailya
10-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
Ok, put this under gatherings, cause its a place to gather...

If you are in the area, YOU"VE GOT TO GO!

Went on Labor Day and I swear, its a real life Artisan Faire. They have everything.

Clothes. Saw a sweet black suede cloak, with inner breast pockets, for $1200 along with assorted clothing, pouches, drinking horns, chaimail bikinis and everything else you could think of. Oh, an awesome set of deep brown woman's leathers (low cut top, short skirt) embroidered with green leaves.

Food. Cheap and mm mm good. In one day I had fish & chips (Sadly, not English style, but good anyway), a clam chowder breadbowl, and a chicken empinada. Also had "Ribbin Fries". Thinly cut potato ribbons deep fried like potato chips. And thats just a small sample.

Beer. $2 Miller or Coors lite, $3 Fordham Oktoberfest or Bock.

Cleavage!

Shows and music. Saw "Tag Team Romeo And Julliet" that was hilarious and had a very healthy attitude towards sex, and the band "The Rogues", Irish/Celtic traditional bagpipes, drums and mandolin. When they played, the people in the pub went nuts and started dancing traditional dance.

Jousting!

Arts and crafts. Saw some sweet ass rapiers and other swords that were meant for business. Very well made. $130-$250 bucks.

Its as large as an amusment park and almost as elaborate. Nothing real mechanical. No rides, but games like Axe Throwing, and Drench the Wench.

Cleavage!

Entrance for $16 for the day, $13 with a Giant card.

Its on through October and I plan to go as many weekends as possible between then and now. Matter of fact, I have a date for this Sunday.

Do it, you'll be glad you did. I'd even hook up with someone/s on these boards, as long as you don't want to hurt me.

Hey um, when is it? Is it every Labor Day or something? Ya should inform us!!! I go to DC pretty often :)

Back
10-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Last two weekends coming up. 11th & 12th and 18th & 19th.

http://www.rennfest.com/mrf/

DianaBanana
05-03-2004, 12:59 PM
How far from NYC is the drive to the Maryland Faire?

I went down near DC a few weeks ago and it took crazy long cause of an accident but our journey home only took 3.5 hours in the middle of the night.

Wezas
05-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
chaimail bikinis

Mmmm, might have to show up this year.

Marl
05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Ga festival is going on too, through memorial day, it is pretty awesome, great shows, food, people, merchants etc

MPSorc
05-04-2004, 06:26 PM
i worked security for this fair a couple years back, pretty good group of folks there, i liked it pretty much but not as much as Scarborough Fair in Texas, which i do belive is larger than the MD fair.

Betheny
05-04-2004, 07:39 PM
How far from DC?

Halfsilver
05-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Because this is my favorite of all festivals, and I have been three times, I will post here where it is.

It's in Crownsville, near Annapolis. A good 50-60 minute drive from the DC area. If you want directions, I think they have the address posted on their website. MDrennfaire.com or something

From NYC, it's about a 6-7 hour drive, depending on traffic. Just drive straight down 95, and you'll be damned close once you cross over into Maryland.

The faire goes on for three months, if I remember correctly. August, September, and October. Not sure on the dates. I think just weekends or something.

I can't wait to go back this year. I havn't been in so long, because I've been stuck in this pit that is south florida, but now that we're moving back, it'll definitely be a priority to go to it!

- DJ

DianaBanana
05-05-2004, 10:20 AM
I suppose if I made it into a 4 day weekend or something the drive wouldnt be so bad. Hell, I sat in traffic for 8 hours to get down there just a couple weeks ago so it's no biggie.

Soulpieced
05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
The faire goes on for three months, if I remember correctly. August, September, and October. Not sure on the dates. I think just weekends or something.

Well, looks like I might be around in that area. I'll most likely (hopefully) be moving to the Fort Meade area somewhere in that timeframe.

LordSagan
05-05-2004, 11:30 AM
It is only on weekends.

http://www.rennfest.com/mrf/index.html

A group of GSers and Ex-GSers usually get together for the weekend to go. I'll post here once I hear something about this year's gathering for it.

Pierat
05-05-2004, 12:34 PM
omg im so glad your still doing that, I miss doing that from back like 5 years ago, Id didnt know you were still going as a group! sweet

DianaBanana
05-05-2004, 12:46 PM
So who here dresses up for the faires? I did last year and I will again this year.

Hips
05-05-2004, 02:07 PM
I do! Bodice + chemise + skirt + overskirt all the way. :D

Fallen
05-06-2004, 07:42 AM
I would but to really look the part you have to drop a significant chunk of change.

Nice boots alone are over 100.

DianaBanana
05-06-2004, 08:55 AM
I just make sure my skirt is long enough that you dont really notice I'm wearing birkenstocks.

DianaBanana
05-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Any really good clothing vendors at the Maryland Faire?

Lord Zharahk
05-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Info about the faire can be found at http://www.rennfest.com/mrf/index.html . It has info about dates, shows, merchants, food, etc...

Enjoy!

Betheny
08-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Halfsilver = OFFICIALLY DISINVITED, if ever he was invited.

Also, COME ON PEOPLE, start making plans. There's 3 of us for sure. Possibly one more that doesn't post here might come, but she's a bud of mine.

Like I said, bschoenborn@verizon.net, trying to get this mailing list set up, you dirty sons of whores.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Maimara]

Fallen
08-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Im in the Maryland area and need an excuse to go.

<----- Former player of Dighn, Current player of Evarin.

Il meet up with you guys if you give me some info and what have you.

Betheny
08-02-2004, 07:55 PM
I've got an excuse for you to come, Dighn -- I'll be there? It'll be fun? We'll buy you a whore?

Pick one!

Just not the whore one, k?

email me and Ill give you details.

Fallen
08-05-2004, 02:55 AM
So...going to reply any time soon, M?

Betheny
08-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Soon I get a second to put something together.

Busy busy.

Shari
08-05-2004, 02:20 PM
:CRIE: Someone come to the AZ Ren faire to poke fun at me and my pirate or royalty costume. :(

Overlord
08-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Naw, come to the Faire here and gander at me in kiltage coupled with an authentic battle axe (ahhh i love the 4 foot beast with 1 foot doubled bladed head).

Last time i was at Ren, I ended up spilling 2 grand on assorted items, including a damn nice silver goblet for 500 bucks

Wezas
08-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
:CRIE: Someone come to the AZ Ren faire to poke fun at me and my pirate or royalty costume. :(

Come to the MD one and I'll poke till you tell me to stop. :saint:

Fallen
08-05-2004, 02:26 PM
Wezas your a dirty bird.

Costumes are nice...but terribly expensive. For one that actually looks good you have to shell at there bare minimum 300. however, most people will spend that much just on boots.

Overlord
08-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
Wezas your a dirty bird.

Costumes are nice...but terribly expensive. For one that actually looks good you have to shell at there bare minimum 300. however, most people will spend that much just on boots.

You got it lol Actually last year my step mother made costumes for herself her daughter and my old man, prolly bout 300 bucks total there before they went awol buying clothing at the faire, I coulnd't help but pose with my axe and jsut stare at them purchasing

Wezas
08-05-2004, 02:29 PM
I imagine some people will be as (if not more) particular as they are in GS4 about their wardrobe at the Faires. Some people I'm sure will be dishing out $$$$$$ for outfits (if they don't already own a few). I'm not naming names, but lets just say the ones who critique everyone's GS4 appearance.

Overlord
08-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Too true. Though my costume consisted of all of 5 pieces....one insaley long length of tartan, a pair of socks, a pair of boots, a pin or two, and the axe... Booya for running around a gathering of busty women..... commando :smilegrin:. Damn that thing always itches lol

Vixen
08-05-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm going this year, draggin a whole heap of people with me, some gemstone, some not. But we're going the opening weekend... the 28th and 29th of this month I believe it is...

And I think nearly all of us will be dressing up

Kasia

Anebriated
08-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Thats gotta be maybe an hour tops from me if its straight down I-95 over the MD border... hmm if a group gets together I might consider heading down.

Betheny
08-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Elrodin
Thats gotta be maybe an hour tops from me if its straight down I-95 over the MD border... hmm if a group gets together I might consider heading down.

There's 5 of us going, so far.

Rhaindrop
09-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Miphnik is looking for the old Maryland crowd, please email me if you are still out there... I guess you know who you are?

Fallen
09-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Grrr... I am still pissed I missed this.

Betheny
09-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Grrr... I am still pissed I missed this.

So, let's go again :)

Fallen
09-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Name a time and day and I will do my absolute best to get there. There isn't much time left before it closes, I would imagine.

Betheny
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Name a time and day and I will do my absolute best to get there. There isn't much time left before it closes, I would imagine.

Why don't YOU name it. :-P

Fallen
09-24-2004, 06:17 PM
I am actually planning to attend this Sunday with a bunch of normals.

How about next weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday.

DianaBanana
09-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Jesae

Post pictures so that I'm not alone.

P.S. I'll get my renfaire photos developed by the end of this month...I swear. ;)

The Korean
09-24-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm up for going again.

Back
09-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Maryland Renaissance Festival Pics (http://www.zendada.com/renfest090504.html)

Go digital.

[Edited on 9-24-2004 by Backlash]

Betheny
09-24-2004, 07:42 PM
I'm horny in that picture.

YOU TOUCHED MY BUTT

[Edited on 9-24-2004 by Maimara]

Fallen
09-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Awesome pictures guys. Looks like you all had a good deal of fun.

Back
09-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Much more than was documented by any device.

Kuyuk
09-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Why dont you put names next to the picture? I know maim, thats about it.

K.

Back
09-25-2004, 07:15 PM
I’m the flippy hippy, The Korean is everyone’s favorite, and the others are people outside the PC.

Fallen
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
I went yesterday with two people that never went before. They both loved it, and plan to attend again soon.

Always cool when you can share something like that with someone else and they enjoy it as much as you do.