PDA

View Full Version : UAC and TWC

Latrinsorm
03-10-2015, 06:55 PM
How does it work? I want to be fully unarmed, do I need TWC to use both fists? How about for DS?

Androidpk
03-10-2015, 06:57 PM
TWC will let you parry with both fists but I don't believe you need to 1x to get that benefit.

Donquix
03-10-2015, 07:13 PM
you never swing both fists with UAC, if that's what were you were asking.

Latrinsorm
03-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Cool, cool. What about DS?

Androidpk
03-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Cool, cool. What about DS?

2x brawl, 3x dodge. Maybe a few ranks of TWC.

Aluvius
03-10-2015, 10:25 PM
.5x TWC with both hands open using UAC will gain you the offhand DS bonus of holding a main-gauche/sai (as in the standard weapon TWC ds formula). Just 1 rank of TWC will activate the stat bonus part of the TWC ds formula. Going over .5x will gain more ds but its so slight that its not worth it.

So 1 rank up to .5x TWC will give noticeable DS bonuses for UAC.

Also, there is some relationship to training in TWC and the extra outright parry chance for using 1214 with both hands open. I still wouldn't go above .5x until after cap when you've finished most other combat skills off.

There aren't any offensive benefits for training in TWC if using open hand UAC. If you use UAC weapons you can do mstrikes though.

Androidpk
03-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Not making UAC compatible with MOC was a huge oversight.

Warriorbird
03-10-2015, 10:44 PM
One of the reasons I never wanted to mess with it.

Androidpk
03-10-2015, 10:48 PM
One of the reasons I never wanted to mess with it.

I'll be discussing it in my monk guide.

Archigeek
03-10-2015, 11:23 PM
They could really improve UAC with some brawling specific CMANs. Call them BMANs: combo's, various sweeps, elbows, armbars, submission holds, etc.

The Sleeper (bman sleep), The Pile Driver (bman pile), The Arm Bar (bman rr), the possibilities are endless.

Alashir
03-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Not making UAC compatible with MOC was a huge oversight.

This, this, and more this.

They could really improve UAC with some brawling specific CMANs. Call them BMANs: combo's, various sweeps, elbows, armbars, submission holds, etc.

The Sleeper (bman sleep), The Pile Driver (bman pile), The Arm Bar (bman rr), the possibilities are endless.

No shit right? BJJ has gotten crazy press these days thanks to MMA being in the spotlight. Triangles, rear nakeds, armbars, d'arce chokes, etc.

Androidpk
03-10-2015, 11:49 PM

I'll be talking about that too!

Donquix
03-10-2015, 11:58 PM
i think their reasoning was MoC makes krynch better but...it's still shit to not have a true mstrike option. Especially since it's not like there's anything in the other cmans or the MnM list to fill that void.

Archigeek
03-11-2015, 12:06 AM
i think their reasoning was MoC makes krynch better but...it's still shit to not have a true mstrike option. Especially since it's not like there's anything in the other cmans or the MnM list to fill that void.

I think a good monk cman to fill that void would be a double kick.

Also, another maneuver: BMAN hush: Human Shield: put foe in rear choke and hold in front of you for added DS, and a chance that other foe's attacks hit victim number 1 instead.

Roblar
03-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Awesome ideas

Androidpk
03-11-2015, 12:08 AM

I fooled around with MoC ranks and didn't notice any difference with rolling krynch.

Aluvius
03-12-2015, 12:02 AM

We could call them BROMAN's!! One of them should be a DDP move. :)

Aluvius
03-12-2015, 12:03 AM
I fooled around with MoC ranks and didn't notice any difference with rolling krynch.

Yeah, MOC doesn't actually improve krynch stance ... it just makes it work better against higher level opponents.

Taernath
03-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Anything to help me chokeslam rats better.