PDA

View Full Version : From Officials - Wehnimer's Mayoral Candidates Revealed!

mgoddess
02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Late tonight it was revealed that the Town Council had convened and finally announced the official Wehnimer's Landing Mayoral Candidates for 5115!

They are as follows:

1. Puptilian
Initial Backers - Cryheart, Maags, Stormyrain

2. Methais
Initial Backers - Ryjex, Mihorkan, Hoy

3. Japhrimel
Initial Backers - Alasatia, Rozy, Durakar

4. Ephya
Initial Backers - Malikh, Bekke, Wolfloner

5. Riend
Initial Backers - Bristenn, Telare, Rowmi

6. Lylia
Initial Backers - Silvean, Aeavenne, Roblar

7. Femereff
Initial Backers - Ardwen, Brimzstone, Beryl

8. Aurla
Initial Backers - Aurach, Galenblackbard, Myharl

9. Kylinarr
Initial Backers - Taar, Augustinia, Roelaren

The Town Council will communicate with the candidates in the coming two weeks and work on plans for slogans, campaign signs and managers and buttons, and other details! Congratulations!

OOC Note:

Congrats to all of the player mayor candidates! I will be emailing you all early next week to begin design plans on your campaign goodies. Please reference this post ( http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Towns/Wehnimer%27s%20Landing/view/6102 ) and check out the Campaign Season section to see what is in store, and start planning what items you want, who your campaign manager will be, etc. We'll talk soon.

I look forward to the political games ahead, and am excited to see where it all leads.

-GM Kenstrom-
Waylayer of Wehnimer's Landing
Human Guru
Giantmen Guru

This message was originally posted in Towns, Wehnimer's Landing. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/225/2494/view/6241

Tisket
02-28-2015, 08:02 PM
I see three I want to vote for.

I think that if Riend wins, she should move the Mayor's office to the temple storeroom.

Fallen
02-28-2015, 08:16 PM
Vote Methais, vote chaos!

Edit: that's an endorsement btw

waywardgs
02-28-2015, 08:32 PM
Methais is running on a platform of hope and change.

JackWhisper
02-28-2015, 08:35 PM
Methais is running on a platform of hope and change.

>Exam sign
Painted sloppily in green and blue tones, the words practically leap out at you!

VOTE FOR METHAIS BECAUSE METH MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!

Ardwen
02-28-2015, 08:48 PM
That would be more of Dope and Mange

Gelston
02-28-2015, 08:52 PM
The mudslinging begins.

Ardwen
02-28-2015, 08:59 PM
and Bribery!

Tgo01
02-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Is this going to be a popularity contest like voting for student body president in high school was?

Androidpk
02-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Is this going to be a popularity contest like voting for student body president in high school was?

Of course.

Warriorbird
02-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Methais and Lylia >

Gelston
02-28-2015, 09:23 PM
I think someone should bomb all the candidate's speeches with box shard traps

JackWhisper
02-28-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm trying to figure out how you can turn a suicide bomber against all forms of politics, into roleplay. Wait until the speeches start and then rush in and scream FIGHT FOR A FREE WEHNIMER'S LANDING! and then open a scatter scales trap.

Gelston
02-28-2015, 09:36 PM
I'm trying to figure out how you can turn a suicide bomber against all forms of politics, into roleplay. Wait until the speeches start and then rush in and scream FIGHT FOR A FREE WEHNIMER'S LANDING! and then open a scatter scales trap.

Meh, just scream luukos ackbar or something.

JackWhisper
02-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Meh, just scream luukos ackbar or something.

Dude. I laughed HARD at that.
And then went to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wyqiZS_zSk

Androidpk
02-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Lolowned

Luftstreitkräfte
02-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Iorakewarhammer is officially endorsing Aurla for mayor.

Ardwen
02-28-2015, 10:11 PM
well there went Aurla's political career

Jace Solo
03-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Just meteor swarm in different sections. Quick. Make a new account, script to 25 and drop bombs!!

shad0ws0ngs
03-01-2015, 10:01 PM
NTS: Bring meteor-proofed parasol and incredible amounts of armor to debates.

Ardwen
03-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Learn to deflect meteors with a shield

Androidpk
03-01-2015, 10:25 PM
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a meteor.

Tisket
03-01-2015, 11:13 PM
The possibility of a political debate turning into a bloodbath?

I'd totally reactivate for that.

JackWhisper
03-01-2015, 11:16 PM
The possibility of a political debate turning into a bloodbath?

I'd totally reactivate for that.

YAY THE MONTH IS OVER! AVATARS ARE TURNED BACK ON!

Androidpk
03-01-2015, 11:22 PM
YAY THE MONTH IS OVER! AVATARS ARE TURNED BACK ON!

http://i.imgur.com/52n88Z9.jpg

Tisket
03-02-2015, 01:53 AM
Milk it while you can. You'll be singing a different tune next year.

Ceyrin
03-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Why didn't anyone ever photoshop this to give him a river of tears?

Candor
03-02-2015, 07:43 AM
I'll be taking bribes from the candidates in exchange for not endorsing them :).

Gelston
03-02-2015, 07:59 AM
I'll be taking bribes from the candidates in exchange for not endorsing them :).

Anyone that Candor doesn't endorse bribed him, therefore, they are corrupt.

JackWhisper
03-02-2015, 08:01 AM
So who the fuck is going to be mayor? Because it sounds like everyone bribed Candor.

Gelston
03-02-2015, 08:26 AM
So who the fuck is going to be mayor? Because it sounds like everyone bribed Candor.

That means they are all equally corrupt.

JackWhisper
03-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Gelston for Mayor!

Tisket as Secretary of Treasury!

Thondalar for Overseer of Gambling Functions!

Jace Solo
03-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Electing Thondalar would be like electing the gambling town drunk that refuses to go to rehab.

Might just be getting my vote.

I think it'd be funny to have a storyline about how America keeps borrowing to support its habits from China....er

...."The Landing" keeps borrows from "The Nations".

Luftstreitkräfte
03-02-2015, 11:53 AM
lol

http://imgur.com/UxPprWh

Electing Thondalar would be like electing the gambling town drunk that refuses to go to rehab.

Might just be getting my vote.

I think it'd be funny to have a storyline about how America keeps borrowing to support its habits from China....er

...."The Landing" keeps borrows from "The Nations".

Atlanteax
03-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I recognize nearly all those names.

I do not know if I am more (pleasantly) surprised or rather in shock/disbelief that they are all still playing.

Latrinsorm
03-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Gelston for Mayor!

Tisket as Secretary of Treasury!

Thondalar for Overseer of Gambling Functions!Thondalar's first act would be to abolish the Ministry of Gambling Functions, and then psychosis everywhere. I mean, uh, Articles of Confederation. Slavery? It'll come to me.

Lady Sylvan
03-03-2015, 04:18 AM
Just use words like "Children" and "Rebuilding" and "9/11". Im sure the person who does that will win. It worked for Lois Griffen and Obama (Twice with him.)

shad0ws0ngs
03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Crap, I forgot to include "children" or "9/11" in my little speech. It appears most of the candidates are posting some and since a number of people here do not read the officials, I'll repost it here!

m Japhrimel Laurentiu Faendryl and I am a candidate for Mayor. Originally of New Ta'Faendryl, but like so many of you I left my old home and found a new home here, in Wehnimer's Landing. This town has been my home for many years and I have seen it in war and peace, crime waves and prosperity. It is at times a den of vice and sin, at times a happy and peaceful place where you gather for party and fanfare.

From hiding from Brigandians back in the day to awe-filled sightings of Spike the war rat, to running through the streets after trolls or giant sheep or any number of insane invasion forces, our town has been through trial and tribulation left and right. The people of this town come together and repel all who would threaten our home. Through crazy summoners, urnon golem assassins, wars and invasions various cliques and groups have responded in different ways, acted in manners you or I might not necessarily agree with, but I believe that each citizen, no matter what faction they supported, wanted to protect this place, our home.

In the event I do become Mayor, my primary goal is not any specific project, though I do have many. It is not about creating a library or school for the orphans or adding to the museum. It is not the rebuilding of shops or fortifying the walls. It is not about encouraging embassies and dignitaries(and NOT foreign soldiers in our lands, thank you), though I do hope for these things. My goal is to ensure that all citizens who wish to have a voice are able to do so. If there is one thing I am certain of it is that no one person has all the answers and that if we are to continue to succeed in times of adversity and prosper in times of peace, we must be willing to work together, if not hand in hand, than at least by listening to all sides.

I would like regular town meetings where citizens can voice opinions and share ideas. I would like to share progress on any project that is in the works and keep everyone as informed as they wish to be. I would like to see our various MHO and CHE, of which we have many, invited to have a greater or at least more established role in regular defense, such as the militia, that each different perspective might contribute to the whole. Will there be conflict and strife? Of course, but ultimately I am confident that what we would create would be greater than the sum of our parts, this gestalt that is Wehnimer's Landing.

I am a bard, a wanderer and explorer. I seek new experiences and new ideas and delve into the past with each new loresong, as well as trying to share this knowledge with any who would care to have it. I have been an officer in Twilight, a Knight of Paupers, and helped found the Faendryl Enclave. I have been summer king, winter king, and am eagerly awaiting someone starting an autumn crowning. I have participated in numerous events and activities across the realms, from an Erithian murder mystery in Ta'Illistim to watching the death of undead demonic entities, to shooting down airships here at home. What all this has taught me is that no one person can do everything, nor should they try. I don't intend to be in the spotlight, merely to try and help everyone else who is interested to do so. None of this, necessarily, makes me better than any other candidate for Mayor(though said horrors probably help prepare for politics in general), but I hope that you will agree with my ideas on the Landing and how to proceed forward in the coming years.

I am also long winded, so I'll stop there. If anyone has questions about my plans, goals or to clarify any points, please feel free to ask.

shad0ws0ngs
03-05-2015, 09:45 PM
... in retrospect, having a "I'm running for mayor" speech right next to my signature about a Love Nest probably isn't the best idea.

Jace Solo
03-06-2015, 02:52 PM
... in retrospect, having a "I'm running for mayor" speech right next to my signature about a Love Nest probably isn't the best idea.

You wouldn't be the first politician to be flamboyant about your embarrassing indiscretions while running for office. RE: EVERY POLITICIAN EVER