PDA

View Full Version : "Be Particularly Careful," Says DHS

ClydeR
02-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Federal officials warned Mall of America visitors to “be particularly careful,” but all appeared to be business as usual at the Bloomington megamall Sunday.

The cautionary message came from Jeh Johnson, U.S. secretary of Homeland Security, after the Somali terrorist group Al-Shabab released a video calling for attacks on Western malls. The video specifically mentioned the Mall of America, which gets an estimated 40 million visitors annually.

“If anyone is planning to go to the Mall of America today, they’ve got to be particularly careful,” Johnson said in a televised interview with CNN Sunday morning. “There will be enhanced security there, but public vigilance, public awareness and public caution in situations like this is particularly important, and it’s the environment we’re in, frankly.”

More... (http://www.startribune.com/local/west/293439981.html)

If I were going to the Mall of America, I wouldn't know what to do in response to advice from the Department of Homeland Security to "be particularly careful." What does even mean? To me, being careful means to stay away from that mall!