PDA

View Full Version : MY COWORKER'S IPAD

Gnome Rage
02-10-2015, 03:18 PM
so, my coworker loves her ipad, the mail app (which is linked to several emails) shows two-three duplicate messages for certain people/companies and not for other. via google, I've found it could be related to the icloud or it could be a corrupted application. I turned off her icloud, we're going to see if this fixes it. If not, I'm not sure what else I can do to help her. There doesn't appear to be a way to wipe the mail app from the ipad and then re-download because the mail app comes with every ipad. I'm not sure if the updates are included with the complete system update or what. I don't really use apple products, I just wanna help her out. She's like 75 :P

Kaldonis
02-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Any chance you can help her set up email forwarding and reply-as options to reduce the number of email addys?

Gnome Rage
02-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Unlikely, they're for different things. She has a verizon, MSN and some other account. I believe it is only the ones from MSN email that are duplicated, I think it might have to do with the interaction of microsoft, apple and icloud--from what I've seen online.

Kaldonis
02-10-2015, 03:34 PM
gmail is really friendly and easy-to-setup with forwarding. so were my university accounts even a decade ago. Are you sure these services (which I've not used) won't do forwarding?

I don't know much about tablet PCs by Apple, but anyway, that's about the opinion I can offer. Hitting the source is always the best way, IMO