PDA

View Full Version : Elvish language knowledge item

Candor
12-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Does anyone have a item that grants understanding of the Elvish language? What would you want for it?

bremerial
12-23-2014, 10:29 AM
They're in death grips!

waywardgs
12-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Nothing those snooty Vaalorian elves say matters anyway, don't sweat it.

Sorcasaurus
12-23-2014, 10:53 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/250x250/53479224.jpg

Candor
12-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Nothing those snooty Vaalorian elves say matters anyway, don't sweat it.

I just want to read the markers and tablets on the shortcut road. No big deal really, but I like reading the various histories in the game.

Buckwheet
12-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Roll an elf character and go read them.

Candor
12-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Roll an elf character and go read them.

You mean roll an elf character and grow him a number of levels to get a lot of climbing and swimming skill, and hope a black forest ogre never gets in a swing on him. No thanks.

Buckwheet
12-23-2014, 03:53 PM
You mean roll an elf character and grow him a number of levels to get a lot of climbing and swimming skill, and hope a black forest ogre never gets in a swing on him. No thanks.

WTS level 65 elven character. Let me know.

Kembal
12-23-2014, 04:13 PM
For a second, I thought you wanted the earring (which enables being able to listen to Elven speech). That one is never going to sell, from what I know. But it appears what you want are the glasses, which enable you to read Elven writing. There's only two pairs in existence: one that's permanent, and one that functions as an enhancive. The one that's an enhancive, I'm not sure if it's for sale. (I know who the owner is, assuming they haven't sold)

The permanent ones, I own. Considering Kembal is based out west now, I don't use them as much anymore, but it has been a significant portion of Kembal's RP in the past. (it's how I justify him knowing a large portion of Elven history, for example) I'm not sure I want to sell them, but if you just wanted them for one time use, I could consider lending them out. Let me know.

GS4-Brimzstone
12-23-2014, 04:15 PM
There were a few earcuffs or earrings released at one of the EGs
When worm they let you understand Elven but I think they all went to
the hardcore ARPERs lol I doubt they are willing sell!

Fallen
12-23-2014, 07:23 PM
When worm they let you understand Elven but I think they all went to the hardcore ARPERs lol I doubt they are willing sell!

With good reason. You don't need fancy toys to roleplay, but these things allow for many great opportunities.

bremerial
12-24-2014, 03:01 AM
I thought is was the earcuff that was wanted too. But glasses or elf rolling are good options. (Am sure both can be entwined into RP if needed)

Oh talking about earcuffs, don't bother wasting your blackscipt on the Krolvin one from Troubled Waters list. One of the biggest waste of money in the game. I was so disappointed. (If someone has found a use for them beyond being some of the most expensive ear furniture around, then I am open to correction)

Cronstintein
12-24-2014, 03:51 AM
Does it not work or what? What's so disappointing about it? The fact that there are so few krolvin?

I want one of these for halfling but no way could I afford it (if it exists?)

Sorcasaurus
12-24-2014, 09:03 AM

If you do end up rolling up a new little elf, I'm happy to rift you out there and keep watch for any scary ogres for a bit.

Kembal
12-24-2014, 12:48 PM
Does it not work or what? What's so disappointing about it? The fact that there are so few krolvin?

I want one of these for halfling but no way could I afford it (if it exists?)

There is at least one halfling earring, and possibly two. Nilandia's website had it recorded as to who won the one from the 2005 Foehn's Promise. I don't remember if one was released at the EG Auction. (was that 2009? Can't remember)