PDA

View Full Version : Shattered wargames running 12/19 - 1/4. 20m silver prize

Luftstreitkräfte
12-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Shattered wargames. I plan to do this at least once a year going forward in Shattered.

Prize logistics:

I hand the prize money (25m silvers in Prime) to a trusted 3rd party

THERE IS NO COST TO ENTERING THE CONTEST.

If you are not experienced with scripting AFK I highly recommend you do NOT enter the contest.

First place: 20m Prime silvers
Second place: 5m Prime silvers
Third place: scripted spidersilk cloak in Prime

How do I register?

1. Show up in TSC of Wehnimers, GC or the dais in Illistim. (I will have 2 characters online)
2. I attack your character with 0 AS / closed fist to ensure the "new players are protected" message is up.
3. Your profession title is on and title is displayed generically (Warrior, Rogue, etc)

Available times for registration: (EASTERN TIME)

7:30pm-midnight on 12/19/2014
8:30am-12 noon on 12/20/2014

What is required to win?

1. Check in on the fame boards by the cutoff point to be considered eligible to win. You cannot win if you are not checked in on the fame board.

Cutoff point to check in on fame boards: Sunday, January 4th at 8pm

In the event of a tie (people are the same level) the person with the higher amount of fame will be the winner.

Contest rules:

1. Empaths / Clerics are NOT eligible for the contest.
2. There must be at least 8 unique participants (not 1 guy with 10 accs) for me to run the contest.

If you are interested in this, please PM me and post here. I'm putting a little of my own cash on the line so we can have some fun in Shattered and revive that atmosphere we experienced in Summer of 2010.

My participation:

1. I will not be in the running to win the contest. I might run a toon just to see how I do and have the experience but I'm not placing.
2. Expect to be griefed, annoyed, hunted, etc, by the denizens of Shattered or any random people who re-activate.
3. I personally will only be attacking those who seem to be attacking the participants. Don't expect safety unless you're rather crafty with resting locations. Stealth will be key.
4. I will be running a script with Jaeden to provide 100 and 600 circle spells at GC and TSC in Wehnimer's landing.
5. I will be running a script with Disk to provide healing at GC and TSC in Wehnimer's landing.
6. If I don't notice you hunting for some of your exp I will track you down and kill you for fun.

Looking forward to adventuring with you,

-Drew

CURRENT PLAYERS PARTICIPATING:

Luftstreitkräfte
12-10-2014, 11:53 AM
PM me to register. I'll update the thread with the info.

Fallen
12-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Pretty neat. May the best scripter win!

Luftstreitkräfte
12-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks Fallen - Tried to run this over the summer but most were busy. I figured doing it for only 2 weeks during the holiday might make it more manageable for some. Prepare for war.

RangerZ
12-11-2014, 03:58 AM
I think the minimum required participants is too high. Drop it down to 8 or 10 at most, or reconsider once the 19th gets closer.

Drunken Durfin
12-11-2014, 09:04 PM
"2. I attack your character with 0 AS / closed fist to ensure the "new players are protected" message is up."

You have to use a new character?

Luftstreitkräfte
12-12-2014, 02:08 PM
"2. I attack your character with 0 AS / closed fist to ensure the "new players are protected" message is up."

You have to use a new character?

Yes. If I don't get the message then the player cannot participate. This message will come up only if the character is below level 3 I believe.

I think the minimum required participants is too high. Drop it down to 8 or 10 at most, or reconsider once the 19th gets closer.

Done.

Luftstreitkräfte
12-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Added a new factor to the mix:

6. If I don't notice you hunting for some of your exp I will track you down and kill you for fun.

Kerranger
12-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Added a new factor to the mix:

That oughta get some sign-ups.

rolfard
12-13-2014, 12:42 AM
3. I personally will only be attacking those who seem to be attacking the participants. Don't expect safety unless you're rather crafty with resting locations. Stealth will be key.

You contradict yourself.

Luftstreitkräfte
12-13-2014, 01:09 AM
All in fun! Might get ya like once.

Drunken Durfin
12-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes. If I don't get the message then the player cannot participate. This message will come up only if the character is below level 3 I believe.

Thanks for that, for a moment there I was actually considering reactivating.

Androidpk
12-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for that, for a moment there I was actually considering reactivating.

Battlefield 4 instead, right!?

Astray
12-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Can't wait for someone to script insta-gib your contestants and you.

Drunken Durfin
12-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Battlefield 4 instead, right!?

Stop tempting me with temptation you evil temptationator!

wow, only $37.49 on PC...

Luftstreitkräfte
12-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Can't wait for someone to script insta-gib your contestants and you.

Bring it. My rapid fire 616 or 635 from hiding with 182 ranger ranks shall be the death of all insta-gibbers!

Astray
12-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Bring it. My rapid fire 616 or 635 from hiding with 182 ranger ranks shall be the death of all insta-gibbers!

Someone somewhere is nodding their head sagely and marking their calender.

Not me. Fuck shittered.

Luftstreitkräfte
12-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Alas, the denizens of Shittered have not risen to the occasion and participated in wargames this holiday. I shall be back next year to again offer this public service for the benefit of all humanity.

WRoss
12-19-2014, 10:21 PM
does anyone even play shattered anymore?

Snoopy Dogg
12-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Alas, the denizens of Shittered have not risen to the occasion and participated in wargames this holiday. I shall be back next year to again offer this public service for the benefit of all humanity.

if i cared.. or thought you would actually have the prize paid out, i would of maybe done it.. but i dont on either front.

and theres really not enough people for shit like that anymore.

Luftstreitkräfte
12-22-2014, 10:22 AM
if i cared.. or thought you would actually have the prize paid out, i would of maybe done it.. but i dont on either front.

and theres really not enough people for shit like that anymore.

Prize logistics:

I hand the prize money (25m silvers in Prime) to a trusted 3rd party

CURRENT PLAYERS PARTICIPATING:

Tried to make it legit.

Luftstreitkräfte
12-22-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't usually comment on rep. I was left a rep that said "Haha, you've failed again."

Holding a wargame would be a monumental task to get it right. It requires investment of time for registration, processing winners, etc. There's also nearly $250 in prize money being given out from my pocket. So it's a bit of a relief that it didn't run, though I do hope to run it next year.

Drunken Durfin
01-06-2015, 06:51 PM
"Once I became a non-paid professional guild master, I had to cut the fat from life.”"