PDA

View Full Version : Talking about mechanics

Kurapira
09-04-2003, 04:24 AM
Alright, I was hiding in TC and I overheard all this going on. I am soo tired of jackass people talking about jackass things ooc. Damnit! :mad:

Stunseed says, "I got Redux to cover any hit."

Shivania mutters something about ooc.

Kiny just arrived.

Garr slyly says, "lucky"

Garr nods to Stunseed.

Shivania glances at Stunseed.

Sabastord says, "They fast"

Kiny searches around for a moment.

Stunseed smirks.

Garr slyly says, "cant wait for my redux"

Shivania mutters something about ooc.

Kiny points at Arliquin, ruining his hiding place.

Sabastord says, "And are good on animals, and versitile"

Shivania sighs.

Durgem somberly says, "well i was talking for us less advanced folks"

Stunseed says, "I don't get hurt as much as you normal folk."

Sabastord's hand dances up and down the bagpipes, tracing out a wild skirl of notes.

Kiny just handed Arliquin some coins.

You notice Kiny slip into a hiding place.

Arliquin chants a reverent litany and clasps his hands while tightly focusing his thoughts...

Arliquin points at Kiny, ruining his hiding place.

Ryndith laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.

Stunseed says, "There."

Durgem somberly says, "bah, tough skin only get you so far"

Arliquin gestures at Kiny.
CS: +257 - TD: +91 + CvA: +12 + d100: +71 - -5 == +254
Warding failed!
His eyes cloud over, becoming a milky blue.

Garr nods to Stunseed.

Stunseed says, "For our policers." <<Grabs Garr into his group>>

Arliquin just handed Kiny some coins.

Stunseed gazes up into the heavens.

You notice Arliquin slip into a hiding place.

With a final skittering note, Sabastord removes the bagpipes from his lips, at last allowing the flamboyant music to slow to silence.

[Icemule Trace, Town Center]
The bustling town comes together in this square. Halflings dressed in varying fashions stand about, some chattering happily, others reclining on cloaks laid on the ground. One ancient halfling leans against the base of the large ice statue of a mule, snoring blissfully. A feeling of community pervades the area, putting you immediately at ease. You also see the Shivania disk, some aloeas stem, a carved ice bench with some stuff on it and a painted sign.
Also here: a stunned Kiny, Stunseed, Durgem who is sitting, Sabastord, Lord Ryndith, Aviras who is kneeling, Garr who is sitting, Lady Roelaren, Shivania who is sitting.
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west

Stunseed holds up his hand and tilts it side to side in a so-so gesture.

Shivania sweetly asks, "Policers?"

Shivania snickers.

Shivania sweetly says, "Riight."

Now why could he not have just grabbed him into his group before talking about stuff like that out in the open. I mean seriously, it takes 2 seconds. Does this bother anyone else? Thank you Shivania for saying something. I would have but it was after the fact.

HarmNone
09-04-2003, 04:36 AM
Some people just do not seem to "get it". It is irritating as all hell, but they just will not learn.

I have a strange feeling that things are going to start getting a bit weird in Icemule soon. It might just be fun!
:D

HarmNone

Kurapira
09-04-2003, 04:52 AM
What bugs me is, not only the fact of all of what I said above..but, has not Stunseed been in GS for awhile? and he still has not bothered to notice proper rp is NOT to talk about those subjects in public

o_0

HarmNone
09-04-2003, 04:56 AM
He is not alone in his failure to notice. There are many who have been around long enough that one would think they would have learned these things. Sadly, they have not. They do not wish to learn.

HarmNone

Kurapira
09-04-2003, 05:03 AM
Well that is saddening and yet I pay good money to spend my time with people who can't learn only the basics of a rp world.

::growls::

HarmNone
09-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Kurapira
Well that is saddening and yet I pay good money to spend my time with people who can't learn only the basics of a rp world.

::growls::

I feel your pain. It is why I no longer play GemStone3. I could no longer tolerate the proliferation of idiots.:no:

HarmNone

Kurapira
09-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
What's worse is they induct some of the WORST offenders into such societies as the Mentors. :(

I know exactly what you mean.

::sighs:: :sniffle:

Betheny
09-04-2003, 06:17 AM
I had a mentor walk into a room where a thief I had cornered logged out. She sancted, her mentor husband showed up, and they both started threatening me.

Mythala and Morelean... YOU SUCK AT GEMSTONE

Edaarin
09-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Once again, Morelean = Haashek spawn.

Taernath
09-04-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Kurapira
What bugs me is, not only the fact of all of what I said above..but, has not Stunseed been in GS for awhile? and he still has not bothered to notice proper rp is NOT to talk about those subjects in public

I don't know why he was doing it this time, but he and I have talked about redux in whispers before, so he knows what kinds of things should be mentioned out loud and what shouldn't.

Solkern
09-04-2003, 11:52 AM
No matter what simu does, people will always talk ooc, out there ass, I have i admit it, we all have, point is, people dont relize what roleplaying is.

Askip
09-04-2003, 02:50 PM
<<She sancted, her mentor husband showed up, and they both started threatening me.

Mythala and Morelean... YOU SUCK AT GEMSTONE >>

- - -
I do not know Mythala very well, are you saying Morelean is her IG husband, or was that someone else? I do not think Morelean is a mentor.

Zir
09-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Ooooh, Garr's got a new tone. He be a sly one now.

Scott
09-04-2003, 03:14 PM
I just don't care anymore. Gemstone will never be a RP game. GM's don't encourage it, they don't enforce it, and I'm actually quite glad. There are so many games out there that enforce RP, Gemstone isn't one of them and it has never been one. If you want everyone to be IC and not talking about game mechanic's join one of them........

This isn't meant to be an insult, but Gemstone has been like this for quite awhile, so it's not like this is something that is new. Gemstone will always have people who talk about game mechanic's, and use stupid things like BRB, TTM, etc. Get use to it because it's not changing.....

HarmNone
09-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I had a mentor walk into a room where a thief I had cornered logged out. She sancted, her mentor husband showed up, and they both started threatening me.

Mythala and Morelean... YOU SUCK AT GEMSTONE

I hope you reported that to one of the Mentor Council. Mythala, if she is the mentor, needs further training and probably a probationary period.

HarmNone

HarmNone
09-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Ack! Please do not discuss medical conditions, or any private information, of players here. It may not be something the player wishes everyone to know about.

(Edited to remove the quoted post)

HarmNone says "Thanks!"

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by HarmNone]