PDA

View Full Version : What are your character's mementos?

SpunGirl
09-04-2003, 08:01 AM
I just spent like an hour tonight (couldn't sleep) rounding up all the "meaningful" stuff my character has and putting it into a sort of keepsake box. There's not much in there, because she's not a very sentimental gal, but here's what it is:

a silver-chased black ruby locket - picture of Dainslef

a flame-shaped cherry candy and a tiny spun sugar crown - from her non-wedding to Grandevr

a PanArkati Fest prize medal - from when she and Silon won first place in the Cholen dancing at the fest

a silver arced split-moon charm - from the same fest, where she was a speaker

a small ebonwood figurine - a unique
Elymir figurine from the last Thurfel event. Has a cool SHOW and when you read it, it says, "Learn, dammit!"

a small velvet-lined box - from a proposal

a star-etched brushed silver band - a gift from Eugenides

a purple sapphire butterfly - belonged to her mother

What are your character's keepsakes, and what are they from?

-K

AnticorRifling
09-04-2003, 10:53 AM
An onyx-inlaid thigh sheath, first item I was ever given. Didn't find out til a year later it's from the rogue guild

My greatkilt It was a gift from someone that's no longer around.

A silver puma pin given to me shortly after I titled by Maimara as someone else back then :cool:

Taernath
09-04-2003, 11:32 AM
a golden steel greatsword - First customized item I ever had made

Solkern
09-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Lets see I gotta say the first mataching alter i've ever made, Jenisi and I made together, I cant remember the description, but thats the only alter i've ever made that i had no intetion of selling at all, and I still have it. She sold hers, when we broke up, but i still have mine, Don't think i'll ever get rid it.. of an item, of a time i did enjoy.
I've made well over 100 alters, sold/given away every single one, but that one

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by Solkern]

peam
09-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Considering I toss my stuff everytime I reroll, I don't really have much on Peam now, but I think I can remember a few of his more memorable items...

8x black steel full plate - handed down from Killjar when he left.

some kind of symbol made of sticks? - I can't remember the exact description of this, but one day, there was a baby monster in Hearthstone Courtyard. A group of people, including myself, assisted in returning him to the wilds and were rewarded these symbols. If Ardwen reads this, he might remember. I know he got one too.

a burlap potato sack - Leg-worn alter from "Beggar Peam's" day. Has a show with a small rusty pin etched with "HDS." I think this one's floating around out there somewhere.

a vaalorn-edged mithril alloy glaive - A gift from Blaaqtar. I lost this one in an account hack. It was a damn nice glaive.

a mammoth tusk - A gift from Lorissia back in Peam's warrior day. After all, Peam is the world's greatest slayer of mammoths and land eels.

Solkern
09-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah almost frogot, the friendship alter I bought for gallahan, my best friend in gemstone, was a arachic toolset i think, with an image of a lost ranger holding an upside down map that was also very important to me, best part is, 2-3 years later he still has it

ElvenRangeress
09-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Solkern
Oh yeah almost frogot, the friendship alter I bought for gallahan, my best friend in gemstone, was a arachic toolset i think, with an image of a lost ranger holding an upside down map that was also very important to me, best part is, 2-3 years later he still has it

you got gally that?? awww, thats sweet, he let me wear it for a while when i had no ranger alters, he's such a sweetie ;o) but he still has it!

DCSL
09-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Everyone knows Lysistrata's favorite possesions, but surely it won't hurt to hear them one more time, heh.

She loves her collection of Nalfein poison rings. They all open and close and two are pocketed (the other doesn't really have a pocket since it's one of the Ebon Gate ones.) She's got an heirloom Nalfein signet ring, an antique silver Nalfein ring, and a traditional Nalfein eahnor ring. All of 'em were designed by me, although the last one my friend actually got made for me. These are alters that will never leave my hands until I actually leave the game and then I will hand pick the Nalfein female that will receive them.

And uh... one of those smooth crystalline globes from the Artisan's Faire. Riomal gave it to Lysistrata at the first Faire and she never lets it leave her person.

Dextra

Solkern
09-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I bought that for him a LOONG time ago, Cause he was there when i started, there when i left, and he always helped me with whatever he could. hes one of the good guys left, one of the few decent ones left in the game

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Solkern]

Betheny
09-04-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
A silver puma pin given to me shortly after I titled by Maimara as someone else back then :cool:

You still have that? Wow! I feel special!

Betheny
09-04-2003, 10:28 PM
I have an altered sheath and altered dagger given to me by my (no longer) good friend Brakian.

Maimara's scar, given to her by Eryael the Mularosian Painlord.

Maimara's Mularos symbol, created by and given to her by the only father figure she's had, Cappurnicus (now estranged, aww.)

Numerous other things, including a few baubles given to her by Dispater, a scarf from Azorack.

Most of the really important nostalgic items I had, I lost when I had an unfortunate decay accident with my first character. I'm sure Anticor remembers that, she had a ton of crap he gave her.

HarmNone
09-04-2003, 10:39 PM
One of my characters had a small golden locket that had belonged to her mother. It had been taken from her mother's body and given to her by the people who found and raised her. She always clasped it when she prayed to her goddess, hoping that, through it, the goddess would give her some clue as to her origins.

HarmNone

AnticorRifling
09-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Maimara

I'm sure Anticor remembers that, she had a ton of crap he gave her.

I give out crap, I feel the love!

Yeah I still have that puma pin, and I remeber when you lost all that stuff, life goes on because after all it was just CRAP!

You're lucky I'm far too shallow to be offended heh :cool:

Betheny
09-05-2003, 01:24 AM
No, it wasn't crap...

Nevermind!

Trinitis
09-05-2003, 06:35 PM
an emerald elemental earth rune - A gift from a friend when he left the lands.

a heavy gold pendant - A gift from Naessi, on her wedding day.

an olive green burlap turtle toy - Adredrin's animal choice, his name is Kamie.

a malevolent spell-casting toy sorceror - From Adredrin's love, Mazelina.

a piece of flame-etched lava - Gift from Naessi

a patched mauve toy bear - A gift from the very first friend I ever had in GS, Zharya the ranger..she gave it to me when she left the game.

a long dwarven rat skewer - Not sure where I got this, but I've been looking for the smasher for years.

a gem-inlaid blue steel falchion - Box found falchion

I'm sure there was a few others I did not see in my quick scan through my items..

-Adredrin

SpunGirl
09-06-2003, 04:02 AM
That pendant has the coolest show I've ever created, aside from my white cloak. Naessi hearts Adredrin! Even when she wants to implode him!

-K

Weedmage Princess
09-07-2003, 07:22 AM
The only thing my current character has that can be considered some sort of momento is an anklet from someone she's been seeing for a little while. SO..I had to log into Prime and look at my ranger there to see what I have...and boy did the memories come rushing back.

a long flowing scarlet skirt. Was given to me when I first titled..Oct of 96. I remember that because my grandmother was in the hospital...in pretty bad shape(she died two days later). I had just came home and I logged on to play a bit to kinda relax, and this rogue she was with gave her that skirt ..was a surprise in a heavy backpack..heh. I thought it was the sweetest thing. It made me feel better at a pretty low point in my life. No matter what changes I did to her as far as what she wore, everything always was centered around that skirt.

a gleaming onyx nose ring- PLAYED OUT I know..but I got that from the merchant where they were first sold. A group of us (females of course) were all together shopping, gossiping and goofing off at that merchant (I forget which one it was) and we had a great time. For that reason, I held onto it.

-a ancient torn parchment (SHOW) l par
Scrolled onto one side of the parchment is a very elaborate rendering of a marble tower. On the other side, the artist has drawn the image of a large hawk resting atop a stone outcrop. An arrow points directly northward. The parchment is torn, and is clearly missing a great deal of its original size. - That's from the mini-storyline when they opened up the Ranger's guild. Me and someone else (I forget who...yeah my memory sucks) found the Ranger's Guild on Teras.

I'm sure I have a lot more in my locker....but for now, I'm only putting up what I have on me.

Hips
09-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Let's see....

A silver star and moon anklet. I don't remember where these were sold (I think the Artisan Faire last year), but Michi and all of her sisters wear one because of their famiy crest.

A vaalorn and veniom wedding ring. This one kind of goes without saying- she'd never go anywhere without it.

A star-incised dark tablet, and an ebony and silver Huntress symbol. The tablet has a show and read involving the Huntress, plus a few neat scripts, and Kevralynn gave the symbol to Michi when she was little.

An amethyst. Michi's favorite gem... she's been given a bunch of these by her father and Whirlin, but she kept the very first one her dad gave her.

A blue Charl ring. Given to Michi by Korinthyn, back when Michi was first created. He told her that if she always kept it on her, it would protect her and keep her safe.

A spotted pink toy mouse. Truth be told, I forgot the name of the person who gave this to Michi, but it was her very first toy. He was a really sweet guy in the Rest that she met when she went there to hunt monkeys and crocs in the zoo.

A small dew-kissed rose. Given to Michi by Atheana and Graysalin when she was the flower girl for their wedding.

A forest green balloon, a forest green veniom-threaded thigh-sheath clasped with a leaf-shaped emerald. Both were given to Michi by her uncle Perigourd, who instilled in her the love of anything leaf-shaped or leaf-related.

Sorry that was so long! :)

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by GS3 Michiko]

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by GS3 Michiko]

Lord Whirlin
09-08-2003, 04:07 PM
a vaalorn and veniom wedding band
my wedding band... never taking it off... ever

a spidersilk enchanter's pouch
My first alteration was my alchemy bag (Which I lost when I got arrested while AFK in Ta'Vaalor... lost everything, and GMs wouldn't even listen to me), and I made this pouch in the image that I originially had for my bag.

a silver-winged toy owl
Given to me by my beautiful wife, this owl passes the boundaries of the lands and reminds me of when me and my late father used to go owling every week.

a rune-embossed leather cloak
The first thing my dad ever bought me. Its nice too... (Show: Running across the length of the cloak are many tiny blood-red runes. Each shoulder bears blood red threaded spider webs designed and stitched by an expert tailor. A large perfectly cut red sapphire serves as a clasp. Punctures from razor-sharp swords and burns from targeted spells mar the fine leather of this battle-worn cloak.)

Food:
I have wedding cake left over from my wedding day
I have a small chocolate key that my wife gave me back from our first Valentines day together

All of my other mementos were lost in the Ta'Vaalor incident. My old treasures were:
a bejeweled runic defender dagger
I bought it using some coins and a veniom bound rolaren tower shield when the GMs were first testing breakage numbers.
a miniature tart kiln
I always wanted one... then when my wife (fiancee at the time) helped me buy one, it was the greatest day of my life... and it sucked when I lost it... it was the only thing I wanted back.
There were others too..

ElanthianSiren
09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
I hope you all know that I logged into GS for this... first time in months. Feel the love.

As you open the locker, you hear the faint creak of a pulley turning behind the wall. Descending from above, a weapon rack, armor stand, and clothing wardrobe come to rest at your feet. Two panels slide open on the floor, and a magical item bin and a deep chest rise up from their hidden depths.

a smirking fair haired angel tattoo
Inked on the ankle, a nude angel descends from a lightning streaked dark sky. Feathery black wings and long, fire streaked golden tresses obscure her spiralling form as she gazes down with cerulean sharded violet eyes, her lips pursed in a sardonic smile.
Ale festival. Waited for over 24 hours with Brinnea. We were relentless.

a black and silver chaos rune inked upon her wrist.

The twisting chain of silver and black shifts from jagged lines to smooth curves and back again, tangling along the inside of the wrist. Where the lines knot, a blood-hued nexus blooms, the crimson surrounding a black-crested eternity symbol.
-Met Kjata at this tattooist.

a black kitten tattoo
It is a tattoo of a black kitten, blood-encrusted fangs bared and silver claws extended, toying with a cracked and shredded heart.
1997ish... jugg... me and Taraveena again waited hours. One of the first Ink lists ever done.

a snow-white lace garter.

This garter is fashioned from the purest white lace with interwoven ribbons of blood-red velvet and the darkest satin. A detailed silver and ruby chaos symbol and a carved onyx cat with violette eyes of sapphire are affixed at the central crest in the material. Small bonding runes are inked over the ribbons in spidery script.
handfasting cloth from my character's wedding.

a four-leaf clover
Laranna gave to my pc.

a little catnip toy
Given by a GH during an assist with several of my character's family present.

a shining brushed rolaren shield
The shield is cast from brushed rolaren with fluid runes skirting its edges that read, "My mind is my prison." Emblazoned on its shining face is the image of a young feline, crimson tinged fangs bared and silvery rolaren claws extended. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.
Filifor made the design on his own. Phrase is coined for my characters and their immediate family.

My prize virtual, GS possessions. :)

-Melissa

Caiylania
11-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Bumping a thread.. just found it sorry.

Caiy's mementos are:

an opal-inset sterling silver choker ~ I had been playing GS three days when I saw someone wearing it and told her it was beautiful. She gave it to me and when I protested she said that she had been the recipient of kindness when new to the lands and now wanted to do the same for me. I didn't know how to log back then so I don't even remember her name :( I keep it to remember how kind people were to me when I got here.

a twisted vaalin wedding band ~ The story behind that is very long, but it belonged to her mother.

braided leather armband ~ House brigatta show on it. Was a gift from Furrowfoot after he sponsored Caiy.

a sword cleaning kit I put together

and an embossed soft leather journal ~ where she keeps all her thoughts and sketches.

Edited to add in my actioned Robin, he is so cool. Even hunting he stays put on Caiy's shoulder.

[Edited on 11-8-2003 by Caiylania]

Artha
11-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Only one.

Aone has an 'icy blue pendant'. Has the same show description as a small statue, and loresings 'magic' but doesn't do anything. Got it during the ice wizard quest (Natsuki and Kisharra got the two others).

Unfortunately though, the quest just kind of...never came back.

Artha
11-08-2003, 08:46 AM
Heh, I ended up on it quite by accident.

I ran into the inn to escape the invasion, and noticed someone with a staff. Said something about it on the thought net, but only Natsuki came to see. Eventually, we tried to run it to the landing, but got stopped in the glacier, killed, and rotted. Then transported back to mule by the ice wizard, which was nice (because the jants were in the landing at the time), and got RPAs to make up for the rotting (also nice).

11-08-2003, 08:51 AM
You are wearing a battered blackened halo, a howling wolf pin, a jade-clasped deep black silk pack, some smokey grey leathers, a burnished ora neckguard, a small carnation, a silver-edged howling wolf clasp, an ornate black spidersilk satchel, a gold ring, a blackened vruul skin thigh-sheath, a vruul skin wrist sheath, a small crystal Sovyn pin, a sleek wolf hide ankle-sheath, A CARVED IRONWOOD LOCKET, a blackened myklian scale scabbard, a black oilskin tucker-bag, some leather casting gloves, a dark glaes armband, some thin black vruul leather boots, a sapphire-set ora arctic wolf mask, some void black leather pants stitched with black deathstones winding up the legs, a jet black spidersilk cloak edged with silver silk trim, a twisted platinum and rhimar band inset with a cluster of black diamonds, a pair of black-tinted spectacles, a tattooed symbol of Voln, a regal gryphon tattoo, a crystal amulet, a deathstone-clasped midnight black hip-satchel embroidered with a howling silver wolf, a slashed shadowy wolf tabard and a tiny smooth moon medallion.

Tucked into the ironwood wolf locket, you see an exquisitely detailed portrait of a giantkin cleric. Rays from a painted sun put a twinkle in his silver-flecked blue-green eyes and illumine his tanned skin and dark brown short hair. He is inked with an image of a stylized wolf head upon his face. He regards you openly from within the locket, and a wide smile touches his lips.

whenever he is sad Edine looks at this... a picture of himself.... only thing that matters to him really

Caiylania
11-08-2003, 09:02 AM
[i]whenever he is sad Edine looks at this... a picture of himself.... only thing that matters to him really

*gasp!*

He said, EDINE! Not, THE Edine!

*flails*

11-08-2003, 09:17 AM
No I said edine The Edine would never make that mistake he is perfect

Myshel
11-08-2003, 09:19 AM
These are my most treasured items that I have kept though the years.. I'm a packrat so I never get rid of anything but these are the ones that bring back memories.

Myssa's cloak from Ydwen
an elegant fur-trimmed white cloak embroidered with a golden harp surrounded by rays of golden sunlight,

Myssa wedding band from Ydwen
an emerald and gold wedding band,

a beautiful harp charm

red glaes spider charm

a dark red dahlia

a silver chrysalis

some tight red leathers with a short skirt of soft red doeskin, (Leilannie coveted these and finally got them and wears them to this day)

a harp-shaped silver topaz cloakpin

a small tenderbox ( I love this, a mistake by an alterer in spelling, its a tinderbox container, Myssa always carried all her herbs in this before the days of instant healing)

a shimmering gold wedding ring (Myshel and Ardwen wedding ring)

a pair of translucent elven ear-shields studded with tiny emeralds (I just got this but its something I've wanted for years and finally got at the last fest)

a sharp cythara hilted golvern sabre (the bardic sabre, a gift from Dhisear, he gave to me because he knew he would sell it and I would never get rid of it and it belongs in a bards hand)

Lord Ardwen portrait

a light brown lock of hair, (a lock of Ardwen's hair)

Myrianna
11-08-2003, 11:38 AM
My inner packrat/sentimental side:

an ice blue carved mule locket - Gift from Myr's dad.

In the carved mule locket you see a Mandis Crystal shard - To remind Myr that not everything is perfect.

a ripped-up warrior doll - Gift from Myr's dad.

a veniom-laced spidersilk cloak- Ok, so she was a daddy's girl ... still is, even though she doesn't really have a dad anymore.

a stout sapphire blue quilted herbmistress toy - from when she had a mother

a winking green cloth hedgewizard toy - Gift from a dear friend of mine.

a gold filigree knotwork band - Her engagement ring

an opaline Elanthian snow rose, - First rose her fiance gave her

My rogues inner packrat:

a sculpted white leather bodice tightly cinched up the back with criss-crossed leather cords - gift from the same friend the hedgewizard toy was from, which i've subsequently built her entire outfit around.

a soft white velvet purse elegantly embroidered with a blooming rose in silvery threads - My first alter

(ok, so my rogue's not old enough to have much)

Parkbandit
11-08-2003, 01:51 PM
On Falgrin:

a heavy dark tartan wool kilt pinned with an embossed invar Dwarven crest

a dark dwarven vest - Comprised of dark leather with tiny invar studs, the vest is designed to be sturdy yet stylish. Several small pockets have been sewn to the inside, some partially concealed to carry various treasures gathered by the wearer. Attached to the inside is a small tag which bears the inscription, "If found please return to The Park Bandit, Wehnimer's Landing.

an archaic dwarven tower shield - Engraved hereon is a band of dwarves thumbing their noses at a group of giantmen fleeing down a mountain.

a black round button - The button is engraved with the words, "YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE PARK BANDIT."

a tiny dwarven bandit pin - Engraved on the back of the pin are the words, "Ignorance has a price and I'm here to collect on your outstanding balance."

a small silver star - Engraved on the star are the words, "To Honor And To Serve".

You tap a cleverly embellished document - This offical looking document is penned in bold black lettering with the following proclaimation: "I, the somewhat offical mayor of Wehnimer's Landing, do hereby deed the park south of the bank to Falgrin. Let it be known to all that enter as Falgrin's Grove"

Caiylania
11-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
On Falgrin:

You tap a cleverly embellished document - This offical looking document is penned in bold black lettering with the following proclaimation: "I, the somewhat offical mayor of Wehnimer's Landing, do hereby deed the park south of the bank to Falgrin. Let it be known to all that enter as Falgrin's Grove"

That is priceless. I have a drawing I designed myself with Caiy's initials on it, but nothing that fun.

Latrinsorm
11-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
"I, the somewhat offical mayor of Wehnimer's Landing, do hereby deed the park south of the bank to Falgrin. Let it be known to all that enter as Falgrin's Grove"

Did you vote for that guy?

Parkbandit
11-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Did you vote for that guy?

I put him in office :smug:

Jolena
11-09-2003, 03:00 PM
a thin sterling silver neckband trimmed with ruby crescent moons and diamond stars-- given to me by a very dear friend for Thraksmas and combination Titling gift. It represents not only my love for rubies but also my family crest.

A star and moon anklet-- All of Jo's sisters have one and wear it for our family crest.

A single black rose-- given to me by a good friend

a flowing gossamer silk dress with tiny crescent moons embroidered on the bodice-- dress I wore in Michiko's wedding

a flame-etched black leather cloak-- has a nice show with my family crest and my name on it

a midnight black vultite shield-- has a show with my family crest on it and my name once again

a petite ruby promise ring-- had it altered at Ebon's and it was given to me by Stun
(The delicate band is made of sparkling ruby, shimmering and formed to the wearer's finger as if made especially for her. Tiny slivers of diamond have been set into the band, forming what appears to be two entertwining vines, linked together for eternity. Along the inner part of the band reads, "Beginner's love doesn't always remain, We will go on.")

some flame-etched black brigandine-- first alter I ever won and it has my family crest on it.

some thigh-high ruby leather boots (altered)-- I wanted these SOOO badly..they are very pretty and my sister Michiko helped me buy them.. never seen another pair in the lands and I will probably never sell them.

a solid ruby locksmith kit clasped with a golden key--matches my boots and was given to me by Michiko. Will always keep it.

And last but not least.. my first ever weapon alter: a ruby-set sylvan warblade-
The blade of this weapon is seductively sharp, and the metal's rippled patterns reflecting any passing light with an almost malevolent glint. A line of elegantly etched sylvan runes extends down the length of the dangerously curved arc and curls at the base of the blade to circle a small ruby-dusted crescent moon. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

*Sorry it was so long! I'm sure I forgot a few other things but I will post later if so*

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by Jolena]

GSLeloo
11-09-2003, 03:15 PM
-an elegant silver wedding ring.
An intricate pattern of flourishes and elven-style knotwork covers the sides of the slender ring, flanking the star emerald set on its front surface. The emerald is as rich and lovely in hue as the leaves of a forest when sunlight falls between them, and it has been cut in a perfect circle.
Engraved onto the ring are the words "7-20-03 The night the stars danced for you and my soul was completed."

It's our wedding rings, obviously, Syb designed the show and inscription.

-a delicate heart locket
Tucked into the golden heart locket, you see an exquisitely detailed portrait of a half elven sorcerer. The rays of a painted sun pick out faint highlights in his black hair and illumine his handsome tanned features. His hazel eyes regard you seriously from within the locket, but a small smile touches his lips.

Obvious...

-a silver brushed black rolaren starling inlaid with princess-cut faceted ruby eyes
One of those actioned birds, altered, a birthday gift from Syb

a twisted brushed silver circlet inset with a diamond moon and sapphire stars
Another birthday gift from Syb....

a slender silver thigh-band
The thigh-band is crafted from lustrous silver-threaded silk with a single crimson thread entwining throughout. Evenly spread out, one inch strands of pearls dangle from its edge. On the very front sits a tiny blooming white rose.
And something I got myself altered from Ebon's Gate to remember my very first event.

a dragon-etched jade friendship ring
Given to me by Kniquee

And finally...
an amber-inset textured gold goblet
One of the four items I won when I beat Gremblar at jousting every single time I went against him.

Kiesha
11-09-2003, 03:32 PM
My most favorite mementos in no particular order are..

a fitted black midriff-length bodice fastened with vaalin-chased heart-shaped soulstone buttons
(Nytemare had this made for me when we were married)

a caramel and chocolate bride
a chocolate caramel-filled groom
(wedding chocolates)

a vaalin belly-ring adorned with a dangling heart-shaped ice blue soulstone(Nytemare bought this for me for Valentine's day and altered it before giving it to me)

a silver-chased vaalin wedding band set with a flawless glowing soulstone(Something very special, with special meaning)

Vixen
11-09-2003, 03:33 PM
I have been fortunate to have so many wonderful people give me things. I dont even know where to start.

For Kasia:

her small orb with a picture of the sprite tree in it. For very personal reasons.

a crystal teardrop pendant: Given to her by her adopted mother "For every tear she cried before they found each other"

an elegant silver and ruby ring: Skillfully crafted from polished silver, the top of the ring is shaped like the spreading boughs of a willow tree. A crimson heart-shaped ruby is set at the center of the branches. Engraved inside the band is a single word, "Remember."
(Also for very personal reasons)

Her picture locket of Tayre, and her wedding ring. Which she still has... contrary to the fact she claims to have thrown them in the Mistydeep.

For Valiria... the list is.. too long to post it all.

A pair of altered gloves that she had made for her grandson , which he gave back to her when he left the lands.

Her shepherd's crook. Never leaves anywhere without it.

Her milk pail.... a beautiful gift from a lot of people in Icemule to her.

Memento's from Naessi's non-wedding. (as it was kinda the start of their 'family' relationship

All her Shepherdess figurines... and her pink rolton pin!

It would take too long to post all the shows of all these, but if you see either one of them.. you can always take a peek

Drew2
11-09-2003, 03:35 PM
>tap shoe
You tap some dark blue leather shoes with tiny brass bells on the toes.
(One of the first things given to Tayre by Kasia. They fit Tayre so perfectly, he almost never removes them.)

>tap lock
You tap a heart-shaped willow locket.
>l lock
Crafted from deep black willow wood, the delicate locket hangs from a simple silver chain. Intricately etched into the wood is the image of an elven couple embracing beneath the boughs of a majestic willow tree. Along the bottom of the locket, the word "Remember" is inscribed in flowing script.
(Very personal item. I'll say nothing more.)

>open lock
Ok, it opened.
>l in my lock
In the willow locket you see a sapphire engagement band.

(I've had this for over a year. It's the ring Tayre wore while engaged.)

I have a ton of other items that I like and keep on me all the time, but those are the most important.

Jenisi
11-10-2003, 12:07 AM
You tap an adorable pink toy elephant with a huge satin bow tied about the neck.

It's my baby!

Souzy
11-10-2003, 03:19 AM
I have no idea what Lalana has on her since I hardly play her anymore. The only things I can remember are...

A rosewood locket - given to her by her ex-son, LOL.

An emerald engagement ring

My other character doensn't have anything special on either. Just prolly two objects given to her that have meaning to them.

a simple wedding band - from Tijay, funniest night of my life, but memorable.

a rose quartz broken-heart amulet - from my characters mom (Kniquee), she says it's the only broken heart I'm allowed to have, now that's cute!

That's about it though, just simple things, nothing exstravagant. Simplicity is the best!