PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Bow: Uska (Lightning)

Shinoo
11-21-2014, 04:20 PM
I have an elemental bow for sale, of the Uska variety, with lightning flares, longbow base.

"a veil iron-nocked red longbow"

For those that may not know, these bows are 5x/0x to all, and 10x/0x in the hands of a ranger.

The 0x means they do not offer the standard defensive bonus of regular bows.

They do however flare on every arrow. And like all elemental bows, are self ammo generating (no need to fletch!), and permablessed.

Since this bow is lightning based, I feel it offers one of the more useful/damaging flares, and looks damn cool doing it.

Here are some action shots from OTF:

You draw back on your iron-nocked longbow and a bolt of pure energy appears.
You fire a bolt of pure energy at an Ithzir janissary!
AS: +438 vs DS: +187 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +64 = +345
... and hit for 109 points of damage!
Shot shatters hip and severs right leg!

** As your bolt of pure energy hits an Ithzir janissary, it gives off an electric shock! **
... 60 points of damage!
Electric shock causes a strong enough convulsion to snap the Ithzir janissary's neck.
The Ithzir janissary vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The energy breaks into tiny fragments.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You fire a bolt of pure energy at an Ithzir janissary!
AS: +438 vs DS: +233 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +32 = +267
... and hit for 70 points of damage!
Well placed strike shatters a rib!

** As your bolt of pure energy hits an Ithzir janissary, it gives off an electric shock! **
... 30 points of damage!
Electric blast goes right to the heart! Fibrillation can be fun.
The Ithzir janissary clutches at her wounds as she falls, the life fading from her eyes.

Of course not every flare is a kill shot, but there are these types of moments:

You fire a bolt of pure energy at an Ithzir scout!
AS: +438 vs DS: +327 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +46 = +182
... and hit for 39 points of damage!
Slash across right eye!
Hope the left is working.
The Ithzir scout is stunned!

** As your bolt of pure energy hits an Ithzir scout, it gives off an electric shock! **
... 20 points of damage!
Heavy shock gives the Ithzir scout fits!
It is knocked to the ground!

You can also have that theoretically awesome +101 endroll, gently grazing your enemy while seeing the lightning afford you a stun.

Now something to note: Being a highly trained archer will most probably result in your arrows doing the talking most of the time. We're known for our 1 shot approach. But with a weapon like this, if your arrow (which happens to be made of pure energy, how awesome is that?) doesn't work, you can be certain the lightning has a good chance at a kill/stun/knock down/nerve dmg/etc followup. Being reasonable like with anything else, you will also have flares which can tickle like a jolt of electricity.

As you may have noticed from my other ranged weaponry auction (still 1 bow for sale left btw!) I am in no rush and I understand these types of weapons take time to find a good home (which is what I'm hoping for).

PM me if you're interested, serious inquiries only please.

MB: SOLD (pending payment)

FAQ:

Q: "Can I enchant it to be like the Lirion and offer more DS?"
A: Yes, with PP and possibly by merchant events (thanks Kithus)

Q: "Can you hit undead with it?""
A: Yes.

Q: "Can it be ensorcelled?"
A: No. It'd probably be even more OP then. :)

SHAFT
11-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Great price.

This might be the best weapon for a ranger in the game. Good luck with the sale.

Also, regarding the enchanting, I was told in the past these uska bows were enchantable by wizards. Of course you risk losing the weapon that way.

blanks
11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
By chance do you know the cost of the surcharges to get this bow enchanted by PP?

Shinoo
11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Great price.

This might be the best weapon for a ranger in the game. Good luck with the sale.

Also, regarding the enchanting, I was told in the past these uska bows were enchantable by wizards. Of course you risk losing the weapon that way.

Thanks for the feedback! Hmm...you know come to think of it, I never tried enchanting it at a merchant or with premie points either. I wonder...heh.

SoulSeer
11-21-2014, 05:24 PM
This was always my favorite bow to watch in action!

Androidpk
11-21-2014, 05:37 PM
I didn't know bows gave a defensive bonus. How much typically?

Shinoo
11-21-2014, 05:50 PM

I believe it provides a 1:1 bonus, so a 5x bow would add +25 DS (regardless of stance). I think the only time it doesn't is against ranged attacks where it may have different/unknown modifiers.

Androidpk
11-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Does the Cman multi-fire work with these kinds of bows?

Shinoo
11-21-2014, 06:29 PM

I hope someone else might be able to provide a first hand account because I am not sure. (I am also unable to currently train into more CMAN or shift it around to test mfire). But based on the CMAN mechanical requirements of mfire, I am guessing that mfire will not work due to the lack of a "bundle" of arrows being present (whereas the bow just generates one arrow at a time).

SHAFT
11-21-2014, 06:41 PM

Multi fire is never the right choice.

SHAFT
11-21-2014, 06:42 PM

A 10x bow adds +50 ds, which is why you see people enchanting the lirion and banthis bows.

Androidpk
11-21-2014, 06:49 PM
Multi fire is never the right choice.

Under normal circumstances sure. With a bow like this though I imagine multi-fire would be a hoot.

Ardwen
11-21-2014, 06:49 PM
One of the ebow types was refused for enchant, not sure why though or if it was these because of the ranger variable.

RSR
11-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Pretty sure the one of these that exists in plat was PP enchanted.

SHAFT
11-21-2014, 07:04 PM
One of the ebow types was refused for enchant, not sure why though or if it was these because of the ranger variable.

How did Beldin enchant the vibration bow? I never asked him.

Ardwen
11-21-2014, 07:13 PM
points, lots and lots of points I am sure

Androidpk
11-21-2014, 07:18 PM
How did Beldin enchant the vibration bow? I never asked him.

A bowldo?

SHAFT
11-21-2014, 07:29 PM
points, lots and lots of points I am sure

I figured it was through points.

Kithus
11-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I own an acid Uska ebow in platinum. The enchants have, thus far, cost me the standard rate for any item with a combat script. That is to say 5x-6x cost me 2600 points. Bonus, once you get it up 5x on the bow with the 5x base arrows it's essentially 10x for anyone, not just rangers. It would cost a total of 7600 points to make it offensively 10x in the hands of a non-ranger. That is, of course, provided you get charges the same thing I have for the 6 or 7 point enchants I've had done on mine.

Shinoo
11-23-2014, 09:16 PM
I own an acid Uska ebow in platinum. The enchants have, thus far, cost me the standard rate for any item with a combat script. That is to say 5x-6x cost me 2600 points. Bonus, once you get it up 5x on the bow with the 5x base arrows it's essentially 10x for anyone, not just rangers. It would cost a total of 7600 points to make it offensively 10x in the hands of a non-ranger. That is, of course, provided you get charges the same thing I have for the 6 or 7 point enchants I've had done on mine.

Thanks for the information Kithus!

Shinoo
12-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Friday before the weekend bump!

Shinoo
12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Happy Monday bump.

SashaFierce
12-15-2014, 03:05 PM
Would they return the description to the original? an elemental bow of lightning

SHAFT
12-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Would they return the description to the original? an elemental bow of lightning

That's not the original description. This is an uska bow, that's a banthis.

Androidpk
12-15-2014, 03:44 PM
That's not the original description. This is an uska bow, that's a banthis.

What is the difference between the two?

Victorj
12-15-2014, 03:47 PM
What is the difference between the two?

Banthis bows are 0x enchant with 10x arrows for everyone.

SHAFT
12-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Banthis bows are 0x enchant with 10x arrows for everyone.

Banthis bows are 5x/5x. So it's base is +50 AS and +25 DS.

Shinoo
12-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Monday bump!

Cash offers are also welcome.

Shinoo
12-30-2014, 07:18 PM
And sold. (Pending payment)

Thank you all for your inquiries and offers.

Jhynnifer
12-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Congratulations to you and the new owner!

Methais
12-31-2014, 10:53 AM
What did you end up getting for it?