PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything better....?

Halfsilver
09-03-2003, 11:16 PM
...than kicking back after a long 9 hour day at work with a pint of Corona and a few slices of lime and a big mushy reclining chair?

I think not.

-grays

Drew2
09-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Yeah: not being an alcoholic and saving yourself bundles of money.

ElvenRangeress
09-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Yeah: not being an alcoholic and saving yourself bundles of money.

just because you have a beer here and there doesn't make you an alcoholic ;o)

Halfsilver
09-03-2003, 11:22 PM
'saving money' is not relaxing.

-grays (not an alcoholic)

Drew2
09-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Yeah sorry.. bady experiences with parents that drink. I'm projecting.

Still, not drinking saves money. And livers.

09-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
...than kicking back after a long 9 hour day at work with a pint of Corona and a few slices of lime and a big mushy reclining chair?

I think not.

-grays

For me, I prefer making myself a nice big glass of midori sour with a spash of 7, turning on a really good movie, and sitting back in my overstuffed soft leather chair, feels like sitting on a cloud. Ahhh... hehe.

Halfsilver
09-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Klaive, they might talk shit about you, but you sure do know how to chill.

:grin:

-grays

Drew2
09-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Klaive is lonely.

Lord Deprav
09-03-2003, 11:38 PM
I like being a drunk. Helps me get through school and work...and every other annoying person in this world.

09-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Klaive, they might talk shit about you, but you sure do know how to chill.

-grays

Hehe, not bad yourself with the limes. ;)

You know, I've never tried Corona. What's the difference in that and say, Budweiser?

Cause I HATE Heinekin, but I can tolerate bud.

I don't think I'm a big beer man.

Halfsilver
09-03-2003, 11:47 PM
Corona is SO different from that swill, budweiser.

It's like the difference between a good wine and MD20/20.

Corona has a sweeter and fuller taste, where as bud tastes watered down and artificial.

The limes bring out the sweetness...if you're thirsty, it's perfect..it's SO refreshing. (especially down here in sofla)

Corona may be several dollars extra, but it's well worth it! Don't forget the limes!

-grays

Betheny
09-04-2003, 03:21 AM
I quit drinking. I do stupid shit while drunk. However, I like to lounge around our porch and read a bit. We have these big overstuffed sectional pieces out there, they're really quite comfortable. It's nice, when the sun is setting.

Bestatte
09-04-2003, 07:05 AM
When we went to Mexico on our 10th anniversary, we went to the local bar just to soak up the atmosphere.

After a conversation with our fellow tavern-sitters and the bartender, we learned a very interesting little tid-bit:

Corona beer is the Mexican version of swill. They laugh at us stupid Americans for drinking it, and can't get over the fact that we actually put lime in our beer.

It's the cheap shit they sell to tourists who don't know any better.

Dos Equis, no lime, no crazy crap. That's how the "average" Mexican spends his drinking pesos. Various tequilas for those with the coinage.

Ilvane
09-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Swill or not, Corona is good on a hot day.

-A

Halfsilver
09-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Agreed. Nothin' beats it.

-grays

Tsa`ah
09-04-2003, 10:50 AM
Bestatte beat me to it :P

I happen to love burnt Totino's pizzas and 99-cent gas station burritos. They're crap in most peoples opinions and sends my Rabbi into a spiel on tradition, but I can't think of a better way to spend 10 bucks on a weekend when I've got the whole house to myself. Likewise, American's who like Corona because of the taste, aren't all that stupid. American's who only drink Corona because it's an import are messed up.

To me however, very few things compare to a two gallon white chocolate mocha, sole possession of the remote, or excessive speeds on the interstate at 3 in the morning. And I do mean excessive.

AnticorRifling
09-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I mix up a mean rum and coke or a dirty bong water (godly beverage) and relax either watching a movie with the woman or reading a book :cool:

Makkah
09-04-2003, 11:09 AM
<<Still, not drinking saves money. And livers.>>

We all die. I'd just rather have some say in how I die.
I drink.

rht

09-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

I happen to love burnt Totino's pizzas and 99-cent gas station burritos.

You need to come hang with me. Totino's hamburger (or sausage and mushroom) pizzas make up the bulk of my diet.

Halfsilver
09-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Totino's pizza rolls are excellent if you put Crystal Hot Sauce on them.

-grays

Meos
09-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Corna light....

Rysk
09-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Hop in your car, windows down, heater up, lil' Aesop Rock bumping, and take a loonnng drive through the snohomish valley... that is my favorite :smug:

ElvenRangeress
09-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I think walking through the front door after a long day of work, falling on the bed and letting the fan blow on me until I freeze my butt off ... then getting up running outside and swimming ... all happening around Christmas that is ... (gee! i wonder where i live)

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Bestatte
When we went to Mexico on our 10th anniversary, we went to the local bar just to soak up the atmosphere.

After a conversation with our fellow tavern-sitters and the bartender, we learned a very interesting little tid-bit:

Corona beer is the Mexican version of swill. They laugh at us stupid Americans for drinking it, and can't get over the fact that we actually put lime in our beer.

It's the cheap shit they sell to tourists who don't know any better.

Dos Equis, no lime, no crazy crap. That's how the "average" Mexican spends his drinking pesos. Various tequilas for those with the coinage.

You know..the Aussies say the same thing about Fosters. Hell, they don't even drink the crap..they make tons of money by selling it to us dumbass americans..

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:16 PM
And us ;)

<----- has thrown up his own share of the Aussie lager.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Damnit it stray!! Don't post! I just finally beat you!!

Member of the Day is LordAdredrin with 123 posts

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Is there anything you haven't thrown up, Stray dear?

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Heh..ew?

-Adredrin

09-08-2003, 04:25 PM
The man's right. I just tried an ice cold Corona Extra a few mins ago with some lime wedges. The beer isn't bad, but it gets cut almost completely by the limes and leaves your palatte cleansed and feeling clean.

I tried the limes with a bud to see if the beer made any difference. The limes with the bud tasted like stomach acid dripping down someone's ass crack.

The Corona really is good with the limes.

Though I'm still a midori man. ;)

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Is there anything you haven't thrown up, Stray dear?

Oh a few things, but there are in the minority. There was this one time, when i was with this girl, and I was, er, and I, er, gagged while, er...

Vesi
09-08-2003, 04:59 PM
I like Tecate with limes and salt. Or Dos Equis with the lime and salt. I drink most pale beers like that. Dark ales I normally just drink plain. Let them laugh at me in MX. I drink what I like. I also like my beer/ale in a bottle.

Oh yeah. Taco chips and salsa or pico de gallo go great with the beer.

Vesi

Halfsilver
09-20-2003, 11:09 AM
Heh...I made a thread called "is there anything better", Maim. :P

-grays/d

GSLeloo
09-20-2003, 11:12 AM
But Maim's was about cuddly pajama's! Yours was about relaxing after work

Halfsilver
09-20-2003, 11:14 AM
I know...still the same topic though.

I was jealous! :sniffle:

-grays/d

GSLeloo
09-20-2003, 11:16 AM
But um.. you do two different things! Snuggly pajama's are for cold nights in the fall when everything finally seems to slow down for a little bit and nothing matters but that moment and how warm and cozy you are.

Relaxing after work is more of an every day event where you're braindead from being tired and just try to get comfy.

Halfsilver
09-20-2003, 11:17 AM
::whine:::

It's MY thread!

Stop being reasonable!

-grays/d

GSLeloo
09-20-2003, 11:21 AM
I am always reasonable except for extreme cases. The names are the same but the concepts are different.. so you can each have your threads and smile!

GSLeloo
09-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Besides, yours is "is there anything better....?" she only has three periods in hers

Halfsilver
09-20-2003, 11:26 AM
hehe...but hers also says "I think not" in the first post!

what a rip off!

-grays/d (posting with utmost lightness, no offense, Maim) :P