PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what might be causing WizardFE to crash?

Tgo01
11-15-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm assuming it's a lich script that is causing this because if I just leave my characters in game without running any scripts it doesn't seem to happen. The problem is it happens so infrequently and I usually have several lich scripts running that it's hard to tell where the problem is coming from. I can go for days without it happening or it can happen a couple of times a day. There also doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for why it happens.

Anyways the problem is the FE just freezes up; I can't enter any game commands and I don't receive any game data yet my character is still in game, usually dead by the time I get them back in. Memory usage for ruby and wizard don't look out of the ordinary when this happens either.

Any idea what might cause this so I can narrow down my search into what script is causing this and why?

Allereli
11-15-2014, 11:33 PM
Simu has found the ultimate solution :P

Tgo01
11-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Simu has found the ultimate solution :P

I would actually give Simu some mad props if they are behind this.

SHAFT
11-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Why would they do that?

Tgo01
11-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Why would they do that?

Because they hate me :(

Nahkaev
11-16-2014, 01:51 AM
You have angered Charl.

your clothes are in for it now.

Tgo01
11-16-2014, 01:55 AM
You have angered Charl.

your clothes are in for it now.

lol

I have to add more sayings to my repertoire, my characters say that one a lot.

Gelston
11-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Because they hate me :(

I hacked your computer and, when seeing you are on Gemstone, cause it to crash. If you want it to stop, send me eleventy billion dollars.

-Signed Prince of Nigera
Prince Gelston.

Tgo01
11-16-2014, 02:14 AM
I hacked your computer and, when seeing you are on Gemstone, cause it to crash. If you want it to stop, send me eleventy billion dollars.

-Signed Prince of Nigera
Prince Gelston.

Sounds legit. Where do I send these billions?

Gelston
11-16-2014, 02:19 AM
Sounds legit. Where do I send these billions?

First provide me with your name, SSN, bank name, bank account number, security question, and address. I will then deposit fund into your bank account.

Changeling
11-16-2014, 04:30 AM
Tg01, are you running wander at the time by chance? I've seen what you're describing happen at times when there's bad code trying to lookup a room that doesn't exist. (Like being moved from Rift into a crawler's belly)

Changeling
11-16-2014, 04:38 AM
Buggy hooks can also do this if they fail to return.

Wrathbringer
11-16-2014, 05:55 AM
I'm assuming it's a lich script that is causing this because if I just leave my characters in game without running any scripts it doesn't seem to happen. The problem is it happens so infrequently and I usually have several lich scripts running that it's hard to tell where the problem is coming from. I can go for days without it happening or it can happen a couple of times a day. There also doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for why it happens.

Anyways the problem is the FE just freezes up; I can't enter any game commands and I don't receive any game data yet my character is still in game, usually dead by the time I get them back in. Memory usage for ruby and wizard don't look out of the ordinary when this happens either.

Any idea what might cause this so I can narrow down my search into what script is causing this and why?

Try being at the keyboard for a few minutes. Sometimes these types of things can be fixed from there.

Tgo01
12-19-2014, 12:17 AM
Tg01, are you running wander at the time by chance? I've seen what you're describing happen at times when there's bad code trying to lookup a room that doesn't exist. (Like being moved from Rift into a crawler's belly)

I don't run wander but I do run scripts similar to it. I don't notice it happening when in a crawler's belly though.

This problem was getting better then after I updated to lich 4.6 the problem almost went away completely. However the past couple of days has been absolutely horrendous. The worst I used to get was maybe twice in a day among all of my characters but the last two days it has happened at least a dozen times each day.

I really don't know what the problem can be, right when I think it's one script I notice it happening when that script isn't even running. Maybe it's some sort of combination of scripts.

Tgo01
01-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Hmm, got as far as the following scripts loading when starting up Lich before the WizardFE crashed:

infmon
sorter
group_ajar
lnet

It can't be one of those scripts, can it? :/

Smythe
01-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Ya save a lot o' data? What can be skin'd, what yer registerin', where ya found it, whatever?

Dump yer data an' see if it stops. Might be one o'em malformed data set things.

- Smythe

Tgo01
01-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Ya save a lot o' data? What can be skin'd, what yer registerin', where ya found it, whatever?

Dump yer data an' see if it stops. Might be one o'em malformed data set things.

- Smythe

I'll give it a shot.

Tgo01
03-19-2015, 09:04 PM
The problem is getting worse. Used to just be a random character would get disconnected every once in a while but now all of my characters get disconnected at once and for some reason I am unable to connect via lich for several minutes afterwards. I'll try to bring up lich and nothing happens then several minutes later the lich login window finally pops up.

No one else has this problem? I'm just that special? :(

Thondalar
03-19-2015, 09:17 PM
The problem is getting worse. Used to just be a random character would get disconnected every once in a while but now all of my characters get disconnected at once and for some reason I am unable to connect via lich for several minutes afterwards. I'll try to bring up lich and nothing happens then several minutes later the lich login window finally pops up.

No one else has this problem? I'm just that special? :(

Every time I play I have both accounts on...a lot of times we're talking about 8 hours+ with both accounts on...

Only issue I've ever had is, sometimes when first logging in the 2nd account I'll get an error message, and I have to close out the screen and re-log on that account. Other than that, I've never had a problem unless my terrible fucking Brighthouse douchebag internet quits out randomly, in which case everything shuts down anyway so who cares.

edit: scratch all this, I'm drunk...I haven't used Wizard since I came back in '06 or so...used SF since....the above is true within that parameter.