PDA

View Full Version : Diety choice?

Draphic
11-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Ok... so I get smite is for undead and bane is for the living which cuts my choices down by half. I plan on a focused undead voln path with this toon and was looking at the Jastev as I like the artist theme.

Jastev Arkati Liabo visual art, prophecy, poetry a black artist’s brush on a field of grey Smite Steam

Is there anything wrong with choosing this particular god? or is there a best one for a long undead carreer? Looking for input as I see that changing a diety is not a positive experience. Thanks.

Whirlin
11-18-2014, 10:33 PM
I just aligned my cleric's diety with my other characters so that I could utilize 340 on everyone. You can always make bane/smite work for you.

Trouble
11-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Deity choice doesn't matter as you get older. Once you start hunting primarily with 317, alignment only affects what type of secondary crits you get.

Versin
11-19-2014, 06:12 PM
The major choice is between smite/bane. The only slight benefit of one for fighting undead is that a Voln alignment gets you +5% of a proc of Voln armor.

Methais
11-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about nutrition.

Tgo01
11-19-2014, 06:53 PM
The answer is quite obvious.

http://cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Kneel-Before-Zod.jpg

Soulance
11-19-2014, 08:02 PM
The Deity choice can be important in my opinion. Your choice determines crit damage which is varying depending on which you choose. I started as a Voln member and Smite cleric which worked nicely to rack up the undead favor at lower levels. I primarily use 302 still but have since switched to Bane, probably back when I was about 52 trains. The problem with hunting undead and not being a Smite cleric is that using 302 not only costs you 4 mana against the undead, but also limits your damage. But, since I believe you mentioned you were going to choose a Smite Deity then you shouldn't worry. It is just when you hunt living creatures your 302 won't have as much effect and will cost you more mana. I'd consider what steam flares do to undead though. Not sure myself. I know there's a Krakii page on all that but I read it a long time ago.

Androidpk
11-19-2014, 08:13 PM
What do steam flares do to undead?

TheLastShamurai
11-19-2014, 08:16 PM
What do steam flares do to undead?

Clean the bones; better skinning results.

Draphic
11-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Appreciate all the input. Will update how the steam affects the undead.