PDA

View Full Version : The truth, or some of it, about WMD's in Iraq

~Rocktar~
10-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Found this article long, interesting and disgusting at the same time. Bush was right, they had WMD's. He was wrong, they didn't have a massive, active program. He was right again that they would and did use them. He was wrong in that they were not deployed in massed amounts against US troops. Service people got hurt or killed and yet again, our lovely government covered it up. And they still cover it up today in a lot of ways.

TLDNR version: Iraq did indeed have a lot of chemcial weapons all over the place, many were used as IEDs, soldiers were hurt, higher ups and officials lied and covered it up because a lot of the weapons had origins in the West from the Iran-Iraq war. It is a long story and a painful read.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-secret-victims-of-iraq%e2%80%99s-chemical-arms/ar-AA6QI8m

My opinion, take care of the troops, fry the bosses for covering it up and botched medical treatment and the world would have been better off knowing this when it happened.

Warriorbird
10-15-2014, 12:53 AM
Spin so hard.

Androidpk
10-15-2014, 02:16 AM
Iraq receiving chemical weapons from the US during the Iraq/Iran war is old news.

Parkbandit
10-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Spin so hard.

Who's spinning? Rocktar or MSN or the source, NYT?

Taernath
10-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Iraq receiving chemical weapons from the US during the Iraq/Iran war is old news.

Rocktar's last topic was about media bias in the Treyvon Martin case, so I'm pretty sure he lives in a cave somewhere.

Warriorbird
10-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Who's spinning? Rocktar or MSN or the source, NYT?

Rocktar in this case.

Atlanteax
10-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Rocktar's last topic was about media bias in the Treyvon Martin case, so I'm pretty sure he lives in a cave somewhere.

Yes, the media bias in the TM case would be old news as well.

Parkbandit
10-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Rocktar in this case.

So, you don't believe this is a news worthy article for the New York Times?

Warriorbird
10-15-2014, 10:59 AM
So, you don't believe this is a news worthy article for the New York Times?

http://i.imgur.com/Fqz3SpX.gif

I know comprehension is tough for you. I was questioning Rocktar's interpretation of it and just what people thought were untrue statements related to the Iraq War.

Aluvius
10-15-2014, 11:59 AM
I think WB's point is that the article isn't saying that "Bush was right, Iraq had a WMD program after all!!!". To say that is either spin or wild misinterpretation of its contents.

The article clearly states that the munitions predate 1991 and mostly come from Western sources, none were manufactured post 1991. Meaning that Iraq did not have a WMD program.

What is says is that soldiers were injured by these old munitions but their use by insurgents and the injuries of the soldiers were covered up at the time because it would have been embarrassing to the Bush White House. Its also embarrassing that the military went along with the cover up and never even gave these guys proper medical treatment.

Androidpk
10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
And now IS could have chemical weapons.

http://www.ibtimes.com/saddam-era-chemical-weapons-now-under-isis-control-reports-1705144

~Rocktar~
10-15-2014, 01:00 PM
I think WB's point is that the article isn't saying that "Bush was right, Iraq had a WMD program after all!!!". To say that is either spin or wild misinterpretation of its contents.

The article clearly states that the munitions predate 1991 and mostly come from Western sources, none were manufactured post 1991. Meaning that Iraq did not have a WMD program.

What is says is that soldiers were injured by these old munitions but their use by insurgents and the injuries of the soldiers were covered up at the time because it would have been embarrassing to the Bush White House. Its also embarrassing that the military went along with the cover up and never even gave these guys proper medical treatment.

And I am pretty sure that I said all that in my post.

And the agreement to end Desert Storm was they get rid of ALL weapons and allow full verification.

WB is just insanly liberal and blind. As well as having a bitter, obsessive hatred of me and everything conservative.

Warriorbird
10-15-2014, 01:04 PM
And I am pretty sure that I said all that in my post.

And the agreement to end Desert Storm was they get rid of ALL weapons and allow full verification.

WB is just insanly liberal and blind. As well as having a bitter, obsessive hatred of me and everything conservative.

I don't hate you at all.

I'm merely pointing out to you that the primary lie that people tar the Bush Administration with is the uranium, not the weapons that we gave them that we knew about.

~Rocktar~
10-15-2014, 02:45 PM

I don't hate you at all.

Riiiighhttttttt. Who the hell else thought it ok to cyber stalk someone else because they are so angry at them and their political views? Hummmm?

Parkbandit
10-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Riiiighhttttttt. Who the hell else thought it ok to cyber stalk someone else because they are so angry at them and their political views? Hummmm?

In WB's defense.. he probably doesn't really hate you.. he's just a gigantic creep.

Warriorbird
10-15-2014, 07:34 PM

There's a big difference between "being angry" and pointing out the ridiculousness of you throwing out judgments on everyone when you have that sort of thing in your background. I don't expect you to get it.

~Rocktar~
10-15-2014, 07:58 PM
In WB's defense.. he probably doesn't really hate you.. he's just a gigantic creep.

I agree he is a massive creep.

Then there is this:

There's a big difference in "being angry" and pointing out the ridiculousness of throwing out judgments on everyone when you have that sort of thing in your background. I don't expect you to get it.

Excuse me? You are trying to take the moral high ground when you are the one that borderline broke the law to go after someone's past? You are upset that I make moral judgments when you perceive that I have committed some great and terrible thing in a role play environment between consenting adults? Just who the fuck has a problem with reality here? You didn't point out shit, you borderline committed a crime because it is the only way you could attack me. You can't stand me or my politics so much that you would be willing to break the law to hurt me over it. Now tell me again how you don't hate me and how you have the moral high ground?

What a hypocritical piece of shit.

Good day sir.

Warriorbird
10-15-2014, 08:05 PM
I agree he is a massive creep.

Then there is this:

Excuse me? You are trying to take the moral high ground when you are the one that borderline broke the law to go after someone's past? You are upset that I make moral judgments when you perceive that I have committed some great and terrible thing in a role play environment between consenting adults? Just who the fuck has a problem with reality here? You didn't point out shit, you borderline committed a crime because it is the only way you could attack me. You can't stand me or my politics so much that you would be willing to break the law to hurt me over it. Now tell me again how you don't hate me and how you have the moral high ground?

What a hypocritical piece of shit.

Good day sir.

I'm very curious how the simple use of Google is "borderline broke the law." At that point in time you spent your time on this message board declaring how awful everyone around you was, even conservatives, on a continual basis. I shined a bit of light on your high horse. Like I said before I don't expect you to get it but one sure can judge relative levels of "anger." here.