PDA

View Full Version : Couple quick questions

Telfaahga
10-05-2004, 09:36 PM
my warrior is 43 trains now, he is a giantman and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on what to do with the large amount of extra training points I have. Here is how my training looks now:

(at level 43), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 232 132
Combat Maneuvers...................| 190 90
Polearm Weapons....................| 190 90
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 144 44
Physical Fitness...................| 188 88
Dodging............................| 188 88
Harness Power......................| 10 2
Perception.........................| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 58 12
Swimming...........................| 50 10

I know I have enough to single in survival or first aid but is that worth it or should I be putting those points somehwere else?

Latrinsorm
10-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Survival and first aid are VERY helpful for warriors, so long as you don't live in a cave somewhere. Being able to take a 30 second break and heal down for free during a hunt is very nice.

You could also take up disarm traps if you know or are planning to train batter.

Finally, as much as I hate to admit it, arcane symbols and MIU can be helpful.

Telfaahga
10-05-2004, 09:46 PM
This message board is always so helpful, on a side note can the post by Psykos be deleted as it has nothing to do with the topic and Eldrodin that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was asking. Your statement is illogical the way its presented.

Artha
10-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Reply With Quote Report Post to Administrator
This message board is always so helpful, on a side note can the post by Psykos be deleted as it has nothing to do with the topic and Eldrodin that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was asking.

If you see a post that you feel needs be deleted, feel free to click this button:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/nickel/report.gif
Or whatever one your theme uses.

Telfaahga
10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Survival and first aid are VERY helpful for warriors, so long as you don't live in a cave somewhere. Being able to take a 30 second break and heal down for free during a hunt is very nice.

You could also take up disarm traps if you know or are planning to train batter.

Finally, as much as I hate to admit it, arcane symbols and MIU can be helpful.

Which one would you pick to train in out of first aid/survival and if I am fully 1x in either of them would I be a viable skinner. My dexterity and Agility are both 99.

Drew
10-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Where do you hunt mostly?

Most of my characters are in Icemule so I'd take survival, with 44 survival ranks you won't slip on ice most of the time, also in swamps and bogs it will lower your RT moving from room to room. Survival helps with foraging (First aid may as well, I'm not sure what the exact formula is anymore), ice burn in Icemule/Pinefar, some other things, as well as the obvious skinning.

First aid lowers herb eating RT, may help in foraging, helps in tending (but you need a ton of ranks for it to be useful) and may have some other benefits but I'm not sure.

As far as 1xing, well, you'll be ok for 90% of creatures, getting decent skins 3/4 of the time perhaps (as long as you use good form, kneel, use a dagger), but you won't be getting the really high cost ones.

PS: What's your mstrike RT with a lance, I imagine it's slow but deadly.

Telfaahga
10-05-2004, 10:47 PM
With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
You thrust with a blackened scarlet vultite lance at a forest trali shaman!
AS: +340 vs DS: +134 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +54 = +299
... and hit for 139 points of damage!
Right hand severed at the wrist!
The shaman's metal-banded mace falls to the ground.
You thrust with a blackened scarlet vultite lance at a forest trali!
AS: +340 vs DS: +93 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +56 = +342
... and hit for 163 points of damage!
Left hand severed at the wrist!
The trali's battered shield falls to the ground.
A forest trali collapses upon the ground and the life fades from his eyes.
You thrust with a blackened scarlet vultite lance at a forest trali shaman!
AS: +340 vs DS: +226 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +28 = +181
... and hit for 70 points of damage!
Whoosh! Several ribs driven into lungs.
The trali shaman is stunned!

Your flurry of strikes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

thats a good one, its 15 seconds if I hit three and 11 I believe if I hit two.

Also just about every third charge instantly kills Trali, I love charge.

cman cha sha
You rush forward at a forest trali shaman with your scarlet vultite lance and attempt a charge!
[Roll result: 134 (open d100: 23) Penalties: -20]
Expert charge and a forest trali shaman flips end over end and lands on its head!
... 30 points of damage!
Amazing shot through the trali shaman's nose enters the brain!
A forest trali shaman collapses upon the ground and the life fades from her eyes.
The opalescent aura fades from around a forest trali shaman.
A forest trali shaman seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The dim aura fades from around a forest trali shaman.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

[Edited on 10-6-2004 by Telfaahga]

Drew
10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Charge is definately the best cman, most people just don't/can't use it, but I think once you use it there's really no debate.

Telfaahga
10-05-2004, 11:17 PM
It's almost to good because im 43 and I think shaman are 46 and it never ever misses I can even hit them with it in defensive stance. As soon as I walk in the room I charge them and the battle is over they never get back up again and it has yet to fail me.

Latrinsorm
10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
I would recommend (as I'm currently working towards) .5xing both FA and Survival.

Drew
10-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Telfaahga
It's almost to good because im 43 and I think shaman are 46 and it never ever misses I can even hit them with it in defensive stance. As soon as I walk in the room I charge them and the battle is over they never get back up again and it has yet to fail me.

Makes up for the lack of claids and ambushing I think (not to get into a lance vs. claid argument)

Telfaahga
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Drew

Makes up for the lack of claids and ambushing I think (not to get into a lance vs. claid argument)

Plus I swing a lance at 6 seconds and most other polearms - halberd/glaive at 5. I think it's a little more unique then being the standard two hander anyway, just well at least for me difficult to find really good lances. I will be getting my 5x one in a week or so and I have yet to find a better one for sale.

LadyLuck
10-08-2004, 05:22 AM
my warrior is 43 trains now, he is a giantman and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on what to do with the large amount of extra training points I have. Here is how my training looks now:

(at level 43), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 232 132
Combat Maneuvers...................| 190 90
Polearm Weapons....................| 190 90
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 144 44
Physical Fitness...................| 188 88
Dodging............................| 188 88
Harness Power......................| 10 2
Perception.........................| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 58 12
Swimming...........................| 50 10

I know I have enough to single in survival or first aid but is that worth it or should I be putting those points somehwere else?

Depends on your CoL or Voln. Depends on lots. Better off, IMO, to toss the MOC less you NEED and use it. Most warriors don't need that, just a fancy thing. Not used to warrior with pole... if such, focus on defense DS and AS for attack. Don't dally in MOC and such.

My ten cents.

10-08-2004, 06:04 AM
Master wtricks, tackle, cman scharge is nifty, but from a tactical perpesctive, qstrike pwnz all.

Latrinsorm
10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
Most warriors don't need that,...yet.