PDA

View Full Version : Updates to the Site

Nilandia
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I need a vacation.

After another day of 8.5 hours of nonstop work, I have another big update for you guys.

10/5/04 - ‘Nother big update. I’m getting close to being caught up!
- Moved to a new computer. While I moved the files over, I reformatted a number of them.
- Updated information on improvements to the Teras Isle bow shop.
- Added information on Zul Logoth gemstones to the Zul Logoth town systems page. Thanks to Hakwea for posting a list of them.
- Added the announcement of the Fireside Inn opening in Platinum.
- Updated information on the ability bonus system.
- Added preliminary information on Empathic Assault to the Empath Circle, Empath profession and Empath Lores page.
- Added information on AIM, INSPECT and REGISTER to the Verbs page.
- Clarified information and added tables showing skills and ranks needed for training off Roundtime and hindrance to the Armor page. Thanks to Landryth for sending me the tables. I finally used them!
- Corrected information on clashes and DR points on the Attack Results page.
- Added information provided by Ildran to Crowd Press on the CMAN Skills page.
- Added information that TRIPping requires 15 ranks in the appropriate weapon skill to a few pages.
- Added lore information on 312, Fervent Reproach, to the Clerics’ Lore page.
- Updated release information on layered clothing.
- Added information on Singing Sword, 1025, to the Bard Circle, Bard profession page and Bard lores page.
- Added information on Stone Fist, 514, to the Major Elemental spells and lores, as well as Wizard profession pages.
- Updated a few minor changes in the Emergency Guide.
- Added information on the katana quest to the Landing, Icemule and Ta’Vaalor town pages.
- Added information on the Erithi weaponsmith to the Ta’Illistim town page.
- Updated information on unaimed ambush attacks, Mighty Blow, Quickstrike and Spin Attack from hiding, as well as Feint and Sunder Shield, as per Coase’s announcement.

I really need a vacation. But enjoy!

Nilandia

Nilandia
01-04-2005, 06:58 PM
More stuff for everyone!

I finally got off my butt and managed a whole slew of updates onto my website. I haven't gotten up to November yet, and I know I'm missing stuff from before, but I've been working 6 hours, dangit! I need a break!

Today's updates:

- Added information on the new deity specific messaging for Well of Life (308).
- Added the Charge Item Guide to the spells page and linked to the spell listing in Major Elemental spells.
- Added info given by GM Ildran on Silent Strike to the CMAN skills page.
- Added a page on activating magic items and calculating spell durations from them to the spells page.
- Added information on surname registry to the page for systems changes for all towns.
- Added a page on Cysaegir to the town systems page.
- Added a page on the changes to Cathedral Weddings to the roleplaying features page.
- Added a link to the verbs list from the site map. Don’t know how I forgot it.
- Added a page on Triple X to the training page.
- Updated the info on Divine Reproach (312) to include charging putting the caster in hard RT, instead of being rooted.
- Added the announcements and documentation on Death’s Sting to the combat page.
- Added Death’s Sting info to the Emergency Guide.
- Added the updates to Disintegration to the Sorcerers spell circle and professions page.
- Added info on mfire on how many arrows to shoot and the RT per rank to the CMAN skills page.
- Added armor hindrance for Paladins to the armor page.
- Updated the stat growth intervals for Paladins on the profession and race pages.
- Added information on spirit regeneration rates to the race pages.
- Small formatting changes to the race pages, including history and culture.
- Added a note that the brewery has opened a gift shop to the Zul Logoth page.
- Added that the rabbit and aardvark are more lively around citizens to the River’s Rest page.

Nilandia

Fallen
01-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Excellent work, Nilandia. I use your site quite often, keep up the good work.

MrFeature
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Your website sucks just for using geocities.

Jahira
01-04-2005, 07:48 PM
What is this site? Don't think I have ever been.

Snapp
01-04-2005, 08:09 PM
It's the one in her sig, Jahira. Nice site, by the way. :thumbsup:

Nilandia
01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MrFeature
Your website sucks just for using geocities.
Heh. It's 15 megs, completely free. When I first started, I had no idea what I was doing. Now, I'm just set in my ways.

Not to mention I still don't know websites too well. ;)

RSN stuff tomorrow!

Nilandia

MrFeature
01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
http://www.afmu.com/free-web-hosting.php

Nilandia
01-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Looks interesting, but I do want to make sure I'm the only person who can change my data. I don't want people going in and messing with stuff so incorrect information gets out.

I guess I'm possessive, too, in a way.

I will admit that I hate ads and such. I guess I'll start poking around.

Nilandia

Rutilcaper
01-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I was gonna suggest offering a sub-domain for ya, gratis. The Nilandia site taught me about 90% of the things I needed to know about returning to Gemstone after my hiatus.

Ulimited bandwidth! ...too a point...

Nilandia
01-04-2005, 11:44 PM
That'd be very sweet if you did. The site is pretty much all text, so it doesn't take up much space. U2U, IM or e-mail me with details, if you want.

Nilandia

Fallen
01-05-2005, 05:45 AM
Exactly what type of help do you want with your site, Nilandia? Simply cross-checking info you have up there to see if it is correct? Anything specific you could name?

Miss X
01-05-2005, 10:38 AM
You seriously rock for doing all of this Nilandia! I give the address to most of the novices I work with when mentoring, it really helps a lot! If you need help with anything, even just gathering information, let me know. :heart:

Amaron
01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Smooch NIlandia I always use your site when working with new players.

I am a novice site creator but would help you anyway I could. You know that!

Landrai

Czeska
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I've given Nilandia's link out more times than I can count, ever since she told me about it when GS4 came out.

The info may be the same as play.net for the most part, but it is SO much easier to navigate.

Lately I've been all over the character level chart.

Nilandia
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm on a roll today. I'm just about to dive into November's releases, but here's a list of what's done already. Enjoy!

- Updated documentation of traplore and locklore (403 and 404) on the Minor Elemental spell list.
- Updated documentation of Maelstrom (710) and Torment (718) on the Sorcerer spell list.
- Minor update to the lore interaction with Sonic Shield (1009).
- Added a page on experience absorption changes to the Training page.
- Updated information on the Shields page to include shield autoconverters and base weight.
- Added a note that TP optimization occurs for post-cap characters every 125k experience to the TP Optimization page.
- Added some clarification to the Reallocation Methods page.
- Added the guide to enchanting to the Spells page, linked to the spell on the Wizards circle page.
- Added links to the Charge Item and Enchanting guides to the Wizard professions page.
- Squished a pesky bug with one of the formulas on the Combat Factors page.
- Added information on Illusions and demons and justice to the Sorcerer professions page, Guilds page and linked to the Sorcerer spells page.
- Removed teleportation information from the professions pages and created a separate page for it from the Spells page.
- Added links to teleportation information from Major Spirit, Minor Spirit, Wizard and Bard spells pages.
- Added a note that Survival helps keep people from falling on the trail to Icemule, added to Skills and relevant professions pages.
- Created a page with a list of all possible familiars, linked to Spells and Wizard spells pages.

Nilandia

Nilandia
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
By the by, most of the information is available on the official website, but not all. You don't find a guide on using runestones on the official site, for example. I'm constantly board cruising, looking for info. I know I don't get it all, but I try.

For people asking how to help, the number one way to help is to check what's up and see if it's correct. Number two is to keep an eye out while you're reading the boards for any information, official or player-source, that could be of interest. I'd rather have to cut out information that isn't needed than not have enough.

Current projects, aside from catching up with the latest releases, are documents on the justice system and StormFront. Feel free to send me your input!

Nilandia

Nilandia
01-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Just had another update that I stuck in before I head off on RSN stuff.

- Added the updates to Warrior Guild skills to the Guilds and Warrior professions pages. Thanks to Shakrean and Menos for their help!

Nilandia

Czeska
01-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey Nilandia, I was checking out the chart with the new and old creature levels.. someone told me soul golems are 63, and it says 48 on your chart. I can't access play.net from here to check, but I thought I'd let you know, since i have no idea who's right :)

Nilandia
01-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I had it wrong. I'll fix it up in just a sec. Thanks!

Nilandia

Czeska
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Welcome!

Nilandia
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Listing is fix0red as of a few hours ago, btw. Just in case you're curious.

Nilandia

Fengus
01-06-2005, 09:22 PM
For those that have sigs turned off, why not post a link at least on the thread who's sole purpose is to discuss the page.

TheRoseLady
01-06-2005, 09:41 PM
http://www.geocities.com/ladynilandia/

YancyDC
01-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Great site, there were a lot of things I learned since I wasn't around when GS4 came out. Thanks for putting up the info!

Nilandia
01-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Anywho, I've been working on the merchant list lately. While the updates are most likely not easy to find given the size of the file, I've been concentrating my work on the Ebon Gate 2004, using logs supplied to me by Vyrshkana. I've also been incorporating Vyrshkana's item lists from previous festivals.

All who are interested may find the merchant list at http://www.geocities.com/claidh_evremond/merchants.htm

My bandwidth gets overloaded quickly, though, so if you get a message that you can't access it, wait a while and try again later. (I think this is when I start looking around for a different server, no?)

As a side note, you'll notice that the text is in color. That is on purpose. I make the lists for each individual festival a different color to make finding which festival you're looking at a little easier.

Nilandia

Nilandia
01-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Small-ish type update, but a major step for me.

Welcome to http://www.nilandia.com/

No more ads! And I can host my own durned merchant list without worrying about bandwidth.

As of now, the information hasn't been updated since my last update, but I have reorganized things a bit. I've combined lores and spells into one "Magic" page and streamlined the display on the magic page.

Been spending most of my time these days working on my merchant list, which reminds me. Send me merchant item information! Anything as simple as a weight, inspect, assess (mind out of the gutter PLEASE), weapon or armor bonus, script, anything, just gimme! I'd love to make my records more complete.

Nilandia

Drew2
01-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Too bad you didn't get Yahoo webhosting or I could have been your personal technical support. :(