PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Games I can play with my girlfriend...

nocturnix
09-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi All,

I am normally a pure PC gamer, and never really got into console or FPS games. However, my girlfriend recently started getting really into mobile and tablet games (thanks to me). SHE suggested we look into getting a console so we can play together. Right now our shared entertainment mostly includes watching movies and tv shows, so I think another form of "relaxing fun" would be a good idea.

That being said, since I am totally clueless on console games, i was wondering if you have any suggestions, tips, etc. I am 99% decided on ps4 over xbox one, so i doubt there is much that could be said to convince me otherwise. This is more about first game suggestions.

She likes the connect style games, I dont care either way, just something we can play co-op/together. We also love zombie apocolypse, maybe the last of us? Can we play together?

Fallen
09-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Little Big Planet is a good game to play together, but definitely isn't a zombie apocalypse game. Resident Evil 5 and 6 both have good Co-op.

petiteSylvan
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
There is always Diablo - I play that with my fiance' (he is better than I am, but I still have fun, and they have zombies...). We have a PS3, so I don't know all the options for PS4, except Diablo.

We also play Terraria together, but we each have PSVitas - you can't play together on just one console - but it's still super fun if you like sandbox type games.

Hope you find some fun games to play together :)

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Awesomenauts and Towerfall come to mind.

leifastagsweed
09-30-2014, 12:08 PM
The Last of Us has a multi-player side piece, but not the whole game. I'm watching my boyfriend play it now and I am not into it.

I myself am searching for a game for us to play together. I am turned off by a lot of console genres. Yeah, it's fun to bash each other in Mortal Kombat or run around in Gauntlet, but I can't seem to find any good MP console games that I'm into. Diablo, eh? I'd love to play Destiny with him if it didn't require two consoles in the same house. That shit pisses me off. I'd love more advice on it, too, for XBox 360, Sony PS3, or Wii U.

Personally, I would rather do an MMORPG if there is a recommendation for that. We both ran the Elder Scrolls beta and disliked it. He is intimidated by text-based unfortunately. Sad panda.

(did I just hijack your thread?)

Sorcasaurus
09-30-2014, 12:12 PM
I have a few USB controllers and connect my PC to the TV to play games with the GF. Between roms and steam we've yet to come anywhere near running out of games. Worth a shot even if you get a system as well.

I'll echo recommendations for Awesomenauts and Towerfall come to mind. though.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 12:14 PM
FF XIV if you want an MMO. That's on ps3 and ps4. Battlefield 4 for a shooter/fps.

petiteSylvan
09-30-2014, 07:57 PM
If you have a PS3, Borderlands 1 and 2 can be played with two people, although the split screen is kind of annoying. I'm not into shooters, but the game is pretty funny (especially the expansions, particularly the D&D based one). They are coming out with a Borderlands 3 (a prequel, really) and I'm sure that will be on PS4.

nocturnix
10-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Split screen could be OK, we have a pretty large TV.

Interesting to hear the female opinions here, thanks ladies! I doubt my GF would like an FPS. Was thinking maybe the new LOTR game, shadows of mordor, and the last of us. No co-op i guess, but we could trade off.

Back
10-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Honestly... what game is good for two players regardless of sex? Not many.

Silvean
10-01-2014, 10:24 AM
The suggestion for hooking up an emulator with some roms is sound. Getting SNES going with Mario World or Sunset Riders is always a good time.

Here's a Kotaku piece on the best games to play with a friend from the PS3 era: http://kotaku.com/the-best-games-to-play-with-a-friend-1531789713

Maybe some of those are available for download or streaming through the Playstation Network by now; I don't know where they are at with that capability. Castle Crashers is another fun downloadable game that I played on the XBox 360 for a while.

Here's a website all about co-op games: http://www.co-optimus.com/index.php

Methais
10-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Get GTA V when it comes out next month.

Atlanteax
10-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Hi All,

I am normally a pure PC gamer, and never really got into console or FPS games. However, my girlfriend recently started getting really into mobile and tablet games (thanks to me). SHE suggested we look into getting a console so we can play together. Right now our shared entertainment mostly includes watching movies and tv shows, so I think another form of "relaxing fun" would be a good idea.

That being said, since I am totally clueless on console games, i was wondering if you have any suggestions, tips, etc. I am 99% decided on ps4 over xbox one, so i doubt there is much that could be said to convince me otherwise. This is more about first game suggestions.

She likes the connect style games, I dont care either way, just something we can play co-op/together. We also love zombie apocolypse, maybe the last of us? Can we play together?

Why not get her a PC and do co-op play in MMOs?

I think there is a zombie-related MMO that is 'F2P'.

Solkern
10-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Wish my wife would play a co-op on the ps4! She refuses to share it with me :(

Methais
10-01-2014, 10:48 AM
I heard GS is coming out for PS4 with super HD text.

I'd just wait for that.

nocturnix
10-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I heard GS is coming out for PS4 with super HD text.

I'd just wait for that.

Lol, good1.

I tried to explain GS to my GF, she just loled and went: ?!?!

Back
10-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Lol, good1.

I tried to explain GS to my GF, she just loled and went: ?!?!

LOL

leifastagsweed
10-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah, Borderlands and other similar games mentioned are not my kind of games. Split screen gives me a headache and FPS generally give me vertigo. I haven't been into them since Unreal. The panning in half-life (although revolutionary for gaming) ruined it for me.

Personally, I am MOST interested in RPGs. I did enjoy the collaborative play LOTRs (except for some annoying boss blocks required to progress). Again, Gauntlet is an old school game and my first attempt at graphical fantasy gameplay. Green Valkyrie, eh eh? :) Might be a good one for girlfriends with NO gaming interest because it's easy. You can DL it on Xbox and probably most other consoles and there are multiple versions that exist. Super Mario Kart is another. Both are pretty accessible to the newb player and the frustration point is low.

Re the Co-Oping, this is new to me. I thought a lot of these MMOs have specific worlds related to which device they are using (i.e. - Destiny, you have to be on Xbox server vs PS3 vs Console, if I am not mistaken?). I am going to peruse that Co-Op site you shared, Silvean, and see what's up. Thanks. :)

Sorcasaurus
10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
The GF and I played through a number of the Mario games together. Alternating levels worked well. Galaxy was her favorite, followed by the Mario Cart Series.

I'll also say the co-op LotR games were a lot of fun to play through together. It helps that she's a huge LotR fan...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/350/7/1/lord_of_the_rings_papercraft_by_teews666-d34zqka.jpg

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
>FPS generally give me vertigo.

http://media.tumblr.com/e1be7dfb9e00b33f4dcd28bd2b90c8aa/tumblr_inline_nc13uk0PnM1ra3vpd.gif

nocturnix
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
>FPS generally give me vertigo.

http://media.tumblr.com/e1be7dfb9e00b33f4dcd28bd2b90c8aa/tumblr_inline_nc13uk0PnM1ra3vpd.gif

Lol same here, makes me feel noxious after awhile.

nocturnix
10-01-2014, 12:46 PM
The GF and I played through a number of the Mario games together. Alternating levels worked well. Galaxy was her favorite, followed by the Mario Cart Series.

I'll also say the co-op LotR games were a lot of fun to play through together. It helps that she's a huge LotR fan...

Mine is a huge LOTR fan too. I guess this should go on the list.

Androidpk
10-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Mine is a huge LOTR fan too. I guess this should go on the list.

Get her Shadows of Mordor then. It doesntw have co-op but it is getting rave reviews.

petiteSylvan
10-01-2014, 03:39 PM
I totally forgot about Castle Crashers.. that is really fun to play (the best part is the pooping, running deer). It isn't a very in-depth game, but it's fun if you don't have a whole lot of time, don't want to get super involved, or just feel like something light-hearted and amusing. And it isn't split-screen! Split-screens are evil.

Johnny Five
10-01-2014, 05:21 PM
I totally forgot about Castle Crashers.. that is really fun to play (the best part is the pooping, running deer). It isn't a very in-depth game, but it's fun if you don't have a whole lot of time, don't want to get super involved, or just feel like something light-hearted and amusing. And it isn't split-screen! Split-screens are evil.

I second this, Castle Crashers is fucking boss.

leifastagsweed
10-05-2014, 11:19 AM
So...feedback:

I glanced at these games and thought:
Awesomenauts = Donkey Kong
Towerfall = Zelda

Tried Fable 3 instead. Couch-coop my ass. I was basically a tag along. I literally had to stand there and watch the Prince get cool shit, even make out with chicks. Boo. That being said, if your girlfriend doesn't actually want to play video games but just wants to sit next to you and feel sorta like she's doing something with you, this is your game.