PDA

View Full Version : eonake bastard axe and shield

Wrathbringer
09-26-2014, 08:50 PM
these weren't on my landing char when I logged in today. Gamehost tells me the janitor didn't get them. If you see them, I'd appreciate a pm.

Jace Solo
09-26-2014, 09:41 PM
What?! When was the last time you saw them?

Androidpk
09-26-2014, 09:54 PM
They were repossessed by the government for not paying your taxes.

rolfard
09-26-2014, 09:57 PM
I have lost a shield and a container full of items in the last couple months, neither of which the janitor got. Since then I have re-registered ever piece I own on all my characters and started logging all my sessions. This won't get my stuff back but will at least give me an idea how they are lost in the future.

Wrathbringer
09-26-2014, 10:13 PM
They were repossessed by the government for not paying your taxes.

touche'

Wrathbringer
09-26-2014, 10:14 PM
What?! When was the last time you saw them?

Noon today. No idea what happened.

Androidpk
09-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Let's talk about something really pressing. You sold the eog axe to the void known as ardwen!?

Wrathbringer
09-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Let's talk about something really pressing. You sold the eog axe to the void known as ardwen!?

Unless Buckwheet is Ardwen, no.

Androidpk
09-26-2014, 10:30 PM
It's in ardy's shop.

Wrathbringer
09-26-2014, 10:42 PM
It's in ardy's shop.

And it went there almost instantly after I sold it to Buckwheet. Coincidence?

Androidpk
09-26-2014, 10:51 PM
And it went there almost instantly after I sold it to Buckwheet. Coincidence?

Ardwen is Buckwheet!

Menos
09-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Everything makes sense now!

Ardwen
09-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Thats right being one rich person isn't enough for us!

Androidpk
09-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Ardwheet and Buckwen.

Wrathbringer
09-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Xayle says, "Hi there."
>
You say, "Afternoon to ya."
>
You ask, "So how much do ya know?"
>
Xayle says, "You lost a shield and an axe."
>
You say, "Somehow or another."
>nod
You nod.
>You ask, "Thoughts?"
>
Xayle says, "Well."
>
Xayle says, "If you had laid it on the ground or put it in something on the ground, we would have record of that. But, there's no record."
>'that's enlightening.
You say, "That's enlightening."
>think
You rub your chin thoughtfully.
>
Xayle says, "There's also no record of you being disarmed, cursed, or otherwise forced to drop them."
>
You say, "Alrighty..."
>
You say, "Hmm."
>
You ask, "So that leaves...?"
>
Xayle says, "Also, the janitor has neither."
>
You ask, "Could my harness be buggy?"
>
You say, "I'm at a complete loss."
>shrug
You shrug.
>
Xayle says, "That, unfortunately, leaves me unable to replace them. Without at least some indication of where they went, I can't create more as the others might still be out there somewhere."
>
You ask, "You can't tell where they are?"
>
Xayle says, "No."
>
Xayle asks, "You're talking about the rune-etched harness, yes?"
>nod
You nod.
>
Xayle says, "It's not scripted, so there's nothing to be buggy about it."
>
You ask, "So how did they leave my person?"
>
Xayle says, "It's a simple container."
>
Xayle says, "I don't know."
>
Xayle asks, "Do you happen to keep logs?"
>
You say, "I don't."
>
Xayle asks, "Were you with anyone that night that might?"
>
You say, "It was yesterday noon, and no."
You ask, "Well, you'd have record if they were lost through some fault of my own, right?"
>
Xayle says, "No, not if you handed them to someone."
>
You say, "Ah, well I know that didn't happen."
>
You say, "I'd have had to do it twice to lose two items."
>
Xayle asks, "Do you share your account with anyone?"
>
You say, "They were on my person, and now..."
>
You say, "Absolutely not."
>pale
You feel the blood drain from your face.
>
You say, "You're not suggesting..."
>
You ask, "Hacked?"
>blink
You blink.
>You say, "They took nothing else, as far as I'm aware."
>
You say, "If that happened."
>
Xayle ponders.
>
Xayle asks, "Did you put them in your disk at any point?"
>
You say, "I don't have disks often."
>
You say, "No disk yesterday for certain."
>
You say, "And I'd never put something of value in one."
>
You ask, "I don't understand why I'm out of luck, especially when I did nothing to lose them?"
>
Xayle says, "It's the issue of not being able to prove whether they were lost by you giving them away or some other means that the records wouldn't track."
>
Xayle says, "As a general rule, if there's a possibility that the item still exists in the game, we don't replace them because then you have two copies of exactly the same thing running around."
>
You say, "Why can't we replace them, then if the others turn up, they get deleted."
>
You ask, "Can't we do that?"
>
Xayle says, "However, if you'd like a SGM referral to ask my bosses, I'm certainly willing to do that."
>
You say, "I'd appreciate it."
>
You say, "I understand your hands may be tied here."
>nod xayl
You nod at Xayle.
>
Xayle says, "Because in the meantime, what'd keep you from selling the new ones? I mean, don't misunderstand me, I wish I could, it's just not policy if we can't trace how they got away."
>
Xayle nods.
>
Xayle says, "Yep. Hold on one sec and I'll set you up."
>

Ardwen
09-27-2014, 01:39 PM
as odd as it may seem, I have actually had items that were in my harness wind up on the ground, mid invasion no less, unscripted harness I have had for more then a decade, sent logs of it to Kenstrom as he was doing the invasion, luckily I noticed the two items in question on the ground while walking back and forth, so it apparently is not an isolated incident, however that was well over a year ago.

JackWhisper
09-27-2014, 02:05 PM
I did something like this in November of last year. Took me a couple days to realize that I was randomly wearing a stupid harness I had picked up in an invasion to sell to the pawnshop, and had stowed my lance into it. After royally panicking over the situation. Let's hope it's something like that.

JackWhisper
09-27-2014, 02:06 PM
And why doesn't anyone keep logs? It's madness!

Wrathbringer
09-27-2014, 02:08 PM
as odd as it may seem, I have actually had items that were in my harness wind up on the ground, mid invasion no less, unscripted harness I have had for more then a decade, sent logs of it to Kenstrom as he was doing the invasion, luckily I noticed the two items in question on the ground while walking back and forth, so it apparently is not an isolated incident, however that was well over a year ago.

Alright, so they've an example of this occuring through no fault of the player. The idea/policy that the player shouldn't have them replaced is asinine and needs to be looked.

Ardwen
09-27-2014, 02:18 PM
I keep logs of everything, I have so many logs its scary how hard it is to find stuff

Aluvius
09-27-2014, 02:23 PM
I lost a runestaff like that at EG last year, that's also when I noticed that sometimes my client didn't report actions that occurred in game (manatimer was at fault for some of those times, but it still happens on occasion). The runestaff wasn't anything special so I didn't bother doing an assist over it. I wasn't fighting anything there and I never actually removed it from its container. I just chalked it up to being old, but I'm fairly certain that the runestaff simply disappeared from my character's inventory.

JackWhisper
09-27-2014, 02:30 PM
I have so many logs, I have a mini external just for my log system because I hate searching through five different pathways to find the log section I want. Now it's just thousands upon thousands of notepad files that I sort by date.

So. Much. Easier.

JackWhisper
09-27-2014, 02:31 PM
And BTW, there's a repo script that a lot of people use. It's like pick-me-up or some shit.

No matter WHAT. And I mean ANYTHING other than your container your weapon is *SET* to go in, if it drops, is put in the wrong bag, anything... it picks it immediately back up and puts it in your hand. Yes, it can get annoying, but only if you decide to shove your weapon and shield into the wrong place.

Just a thought.

Allereli
09-27-2014, 02:42 PM
or just use stow/store/alias

Wrathbringer
09-27-2014, 02:45 PM
And BTW, there's a repo script that a lot of people use. It's like pick-me-up or some shit.

No matter WHAT. And I mean ANYTHING other than your container your weapon is *SET* to go in, if it drops, is put in the wrong bag, anything... it picks it immediately back up and puts it in your hand. Yes, it can get annoying, but only if you decide to shove your weapon and shield into the wrong place.

Just a thought.

This didn't happen. The GM confirmed that I didn't drop it, I didn't put it on the ground in something else not on me, it was not disarmed by a critter, and the janitor does not have it.

kutter
09-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Just food for thought, I thought I put my runestaff in my harness while in the sanctuary in Rivers Rest, I must have been tired and did not use MY when I did that. Noticed it missing later and scrambled only because it has a specific show I did not want to go through the hassle to replace, no luck, assist, no luck so I resigned myself to having to replace it. Then something odd happened, I happened to be in the sanctuary again and went to get a replacement runestaff and I was holding the one I lost again. Turns out someone left a harness on the altar in there and for whatever reason it defaulted to that for the container. Not saying that is what happened, just something to think on.

Wrathbringer
09-27-2014, 03:04 PM
I may need to hire Methais to whine for me. He gets things done.

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Well, I'm still awaiting the SGM. In the mean time, I've reviewed my movements from the time in question and fortunately they were limited. I gave no one any containers, and I'm certain I didn't give the items themselves to anyone. My armor matches the shield and axe, and has far more value than the shield, yet my armor was not taken if it was a hack. That scenario seems increasingly unlikely. How the items could have left my possession and not be destroyed by now is beyond me, as is the idea that they shouldn't be restored to me. Stay tuned.

Androidpk
09-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Was the shield and axe both in the harness?

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Was the shield and axe both in the harness?

I believe so. The shield was for certain. The axe may have been in another container, but they're both usually in the harness.

JackWhisper
09-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Were they registered and marked?

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Were they registered and marked?

You betcha.

JackWhisper
09-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Did the GM specifically say a player had them?

JackWhisper
09-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Were you, during that timeframe, organizing mules or anything?

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Did the GM specifically say a player had them?

I cleaned up the log of the GM interaction a bit. She didn't say. Just said that they still exist.

I was not.

JackWhisper
09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
How, in the good blue fuck, can a GM tell you everything EXCEPT the last thing it CAN be?

No it's not janitored.
No it's not dropped.
No it's not hacked.
*Insert Yes/No a player has it.*

Schwat?

Call a new gm. Get someone who isn't playing the Ouroboros game.

Jace Solo
09-28-2014, 06:04 PM
If they still exist, can't she find them and in which container on whom it resides?

That's as simple as asking that person how they came in possession of said items.

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 06:09 PM
If they still exist, can't she find them and in which container on whom it resides?

That's as simple as asking that person how they came in possession of said items.

According to her, no. Read the short log of the gm referral.

Androidpk
09-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Or high or drunk or tripping on mescaline/peyote?

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Or high or drunk or tripping on mescaline/peyote?

I'd like a lawyer. Are you detaining me? Am I free to go?

Androidpk
09-28-2014, 06:15 PM
I'd like a lawyer. Are you detaining me? Am I free to go?

Depends on the color of your skin.

Wrathbringer
09-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Depends on the color of your skin.

Oh good. For a moment there, I thought I was in trouble.

JackWhisper
09-28-2014, 06:20 PM
A GM will never:
A) tell you who took your items if a player took them because they were on the ground for an extended period of time.
B) contact that player to find out how they got them.
C) restore them to you by taking them from the other player.

There are vague few exceptions, like Draccor's sword being thrown down the well because he was being a yank, but you get the point.

But what GM's *DO* do, is tell you if a player has them. I am wondering why the GM did NOT tell you definitively that this was the case. You need a second opinion.

Gelston
09-28-2014, 06:21 PM
A GM will never:
A) tell you who took your items if a player took them because they were on the ground for an extended period of time.
B) contact that player to find out how they got them.
C) restore them to you by taking them from the other player.

There are vague few exceptions, like Draccor's sword being thrown down the well because he was being a yank, but you get the point.

But what GM's *DO* do, is tell you if a player has them. I am wondering why the GM did NOT tell you definitively that this was the case. You need a second opinion.

They will do all of those things if it was taken using a method that abuses game mechanics.

JackWhisper
09-28-2014, 06:22 PM
True, like disarming someone's weapon and stealing it. But that negates point a.

Wrathbringer
09-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Spoke with Elidi tonight. He said they are still researching my case, looking into whether another char may have the items. He had me log in another of my chars to look at his inventory, for some reason. Then Wyrom showed up as soon as he left and gave me new copies. Said they still exist, but he thought that they were destroyed somehow as they could not locate them. Said to report if the others show up.

Androidpk
09-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Destroyed but they still exist?

Archigeek
09-30-2014, 01:43 AM
Weird things can happen in Gemstone. I once had a weapon get lost and couldn't find it, looked in my scabbard and it wasn't there, checked every other container, not there, checked logs, no sign of a loss, and the last thing I'd done was put it in the scabbard. "touched" it in the scabbard and there it was. Some sort of a bug, where I couldn't see it and couldn't remove it, but it was in there. Took a GM to get it out.

And then there was the time when Ohr accidentally put his skinning cleaver into a critter sheath which was crumbly and then disolved and bye bye cleaver. They returned that too.

It's an old, buggy game.

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 01:45 AM
I had one of those feature concealing masks.

Little known fact.

Wearing a feature concealing cloak, with a feature concealing mask... and then getting thrown in jail..... means the mask isn't actually there.

It becomes a permanent feature alteration. But you lose the mask itself.

It took four GM's, a week of back and forth, and an admitted murder for them to figure out where the hell it went.