PDA

View Full Version : Reputation Malware

Latrinsorm
09-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Someone left one of my posts rep from documentingreality.com, which is in some way associated with malware and the Machine warned me not to proceed so I didn't. I don't know who or what or when, but whoever left it should scan themselves.

I'd also appreciate it if Anticor can go in and delete whatever rep it is. Thanks! :)

Wrathbringer
09-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Someone left one of my posts rep from documentingreality.com, which is in some way associated with malware and the Machine warned me not to proceed so I didn't. I don't know who or what or when, but whoever left it should scan themselves.

I'd also appreciate it if Anticor can go in and delete whatever rep it is. Thanks! :)

This happened to me once as well. It was Methais, but I doubt he knew what he'd done. Anticor promptly deleted it for me.

Tisket
09-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Happened to me as well.

Gelston
09-18-2014, 02:18 PM
You can delete the post it came from to get rid of the comment. It doesn't raise/lower your rep points though, if you care about that.

Tisket
09-18-2014, 02:34 PM
You can delete the post it came from to get rid of the comment. It doesn't raise/lower your rep points though, if you care about that.

Not saying it was deliberately thought out but, my repper chose the OP from a thread I started. You cannot delete those.

Gelston
09-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Not saying it was deliberately thought out but, my repper chose the OP from a thread I started. You cannot delete those.

How dare you start threads.

Latrinsorm
09-18-2014, 02:58 PM
You can delete the post it came from to get rid of the comment. It doesn't raise/lower your rep points though, if you care about that.I don't know what post it came from, because I won't open my rep page while it has infected content.

Latrinsorm
09-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Hey, if whoever left the rep in question can let Anticor know which one it is that'd be great. We're trying to find it but nothing so far.

Latrinsorm
09-20-2014, 06:00 PM
So I don't know if he did anything, but the problem is fixed now, so thanks Superman.

Anticor helped too <3

eta: and for the record, it was a pos rep from 09/10/13 including a picture of a tan woman in a yellow bikini. In what sense that is documenting reality, I do not know.

Tisket
09-20-2014, 07:10 PM
So I don't know if he did anything, but the problem is fixed now, so thanks Superman.

Anticor helped too <3

eta: and for the record, it was a pos rep from 09/10/13 including a picture of a tan woman in a yellow bikini. In what sense that is documenting reality, I do not know.

You got a recent malware warning for a picture posted to your settings a year ago?

Latrinsorm
09-20-2014, 07:13 PM
You got a recent malware warning for a picture posted to your settings a year ago?Yes. I can only assume it was an incident on their site that they handled on their end, either actual removing actual malware or clearing up a false positive.

JackWhisper
09-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Alrighty. Can someone explain, in idiot terms, what you guys are talking about?

Androidpk
09-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Alrighty. Can someone explain, in idiot terms, what you guys are talking about?

Do you want the red pill or the blue pill?

Latrinsorm
09-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Alrighty. Can someone explain, in idiot terms, what you guys are talking about?Modern browsers scan content on pages you open before you actually do so. If they discover content from sites associated with malware, they put up an alarm and let you back out without opening the page.

The reputation on this forum lets you leave pictures in the rep, and it so happened that one of mine came from an infected site.