PDA

View Full Version : Yet more questions...

Eupata
10-04-2004, 03:22 PM
So as ususal I come to you guys for advice as you know what you're talking about.

A few minor questions really. I'm a polearm bard, simple enough right? Doing well actually and enjoying myself. I have a few questions though. I'm obviously going for sonic flares, so I'm training air lore till 30 or 40 ranks ... but right now at 13 i'm still working telepathy. I have 15 telepathy ranks and 2 air ranks. At what point should I stop telepathy and work on other lores? Curious what some opinions are.

Second, when practicing instruments do you need to have xp in your head to learn? I read this on the official boards and could not find an answer from the GM's.

lastly, Loresinging. I like the idea of loresinging but I'm tired of using keywords etc. I know its unnecessary and whatnot but often times if I just keep singing to the item, when it comes to the "abilities part" (even when i do get to that part) it won't tell me anything new.

I have macros that i use at a table for quick singing that are all 2 liners, so I'm sure thats part of the reason but theres often times when im using 4 liners that the item decides to not like me. Any tips?

Thanks.

[Edited because im an idiot and misread the lore info for tonis]

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Eupata]

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Eupata]

hectomaner
10-25-2004, 01:43 PM
the reason you arent getting info might be because you arent old enough, or dont have enough loresongs to get the info out.

try loresinging without keywords and 'step' it, you should get the info better (i'd try it at a table away from people as you can do it with stupid words to try it out)

the way i do it is starting with a 2 liner, then add a 3rd, then a 4th, then a 5th and 6th for the last step, something like this as an examble of no keywords (also not something i'd do in front of people)

stickpin hibbedee hooblah 1st sing
skibbadee dee 1st sing
i love all the info 2nd sing
so give it to me 3rd sing
oh what the hell 4th sing
anything else please do tell 4th sing

and amazingly that will give me the info i need

Norator
12-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Ok, time fer me ta ask a question too, lol. You said 3rd, then a 4th, I've been singing all of my loresongs by adding 2 lines per song, with a max of like 4 verses, cause you can't sing more than 8 lines, least I can't. Am I understanding right that I could like sing:
crown O crown in mine hand;
sing to me a song of a distant land
for the first verse, get info an then
sing:
crown O crown in mine hand;
sing to me a song of a distant land;
don't stop there I doth request;
and still get info?

Amaron
12-06-2004, 08:46 AM
As you get older you will get better.

I loresing without key words ( even though thats how I was taught)

I sing 4 lines for each thing I want.

usu me for more information. I would be glad to talk with you more.

J

ps. lorekeepers and the fury both recently gave classes in loresinging some very good information was taught.