PDA

View Full Version : 50-count jars (2 batches of 100)

DaCapn
09-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Two batches of 50-count jars, 100 jars per batch. Each batch is 2mil. Delivery to Icemule, Landing, Solhaven, FWI. Will split into batches of 50 if that's a barrier for someone (1mil/50 jars)

1: SOLD
In the backpack:
jar (100): a charcoal glass beaker (100)

2:SOLD
In the backpack:
jar (100): a charcoal glass beaker (100)

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Do the jars weigh anything themselves? Do they have weight with gems inside?

Palcron
09-18-2014, 03:29 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?66806-Gem-jars-amp-weight&highlight=Gem+jar+weight

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 04:04 PM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?66806-Gem-jars-amp-weight&highlight=Gem+jar+weight

I wish that thread was more helpful. lol. I got more questions then answers.

Palcron
09-18-2014, 04:08 PM
That's Simu for you... The jar system is (or at least was) all fucked up. Suffice it to say, yes, the jars have weight and they do increase (usually) as you add gems.

Allereli
09-18-2014, 04:09 PM
in general: jars have weight, gems have weight. neither of them weigh very much. some gems weigh more than others

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 04:29 PM
in general: jars have weight, gems have weight. neither of them weigh very much. some gems weigh more than others

So in summary...

Jars might only weigh .5 unless you pass 13 gems, which might increase them to 3 LBS.

However, some 50 gem jars might weigh less then 2 LBS or could weigh 6 LBS.

Maybe.

Allereli
09-18-2014, 04:31 PM
So in summary...

Jars might only weigh .5 unless you pass 13 gems, which might increase them to 3 LBS.

However, some 50 gem jars might weigh less then 2 LBS or could weigh 6 LBS.

Maybe.

you can always get some 20 item jars from the alchemist and test since you seem to care so much that you can't just accept a general statement

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 06:02 PM
you can always get some 20 item jars from the alchemist and test since you seem to care so much that you can't just accept a general statement

No guarantee that a 20 count jar will have the same mechanics. And I'm trying to be specific because weight is a big deal for certain races. Multiplying weird results over 100 jars would be rough.

Thondalar
09-18-2014, 06:04 PM
That's Simu for you... The jar system is (or at least was) all fucked up. Suffice it to say, yes, the jars have weight and they do increase (usually) as you add gems.

The jar system works as intended. I think it's an amazing thing they did letting us store tons of small items in our locker without using all the locker space. It would be fucked up to provide everyone with free anti-encumbrance items that could just endlessly store weightless gems.

Thondalar
09-18-2014, 06:04 PM
No guarantee that a 20 count jar will have the same mechanics. And I'm trying to be specific because weight is a big deal for certain races. Multiplying weird results over 100 jars would be rough.

The weight stacks. You're not going to get out of encumbrance from carrying a bunch of gems by having them in jars. It actually increases over not having them in jars. They're meant for locker storage, not weight reduction.

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 06:55 PM
The weight stacks. You're not going to get out of encumbrance from carrying a bunch of gems by having them in jars. It actually increases over not having them in jars. They're meant for locker storage, not weight reduction.

I'm not concerned with the encumbrance, its the lack of consistency. If I knew that every gem added +.10 to a jar that would be great. But it doesn't seem clear.

Pretty sure the jars were meant to combat the 500 item limit too, not necessarily locker storage.

Thondalar
09-18-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm not concerned with the encumbrance, its the lack of consistency. If I knew that every gem added +.10 to a jar that would be great. But it doesn't seem clear.

Pretty sure the jars were meant to combat the 500 item limit too, not necessarily locker storage.

The main issue was locker storage. Carrying hundreds of alchemy items gets encumbering for anyone. The problem is, gems aren't standard, nor should they be...some are big, some are small. Some shells in RR and Sol areas weigh 5 pounds each. With that being said, MOST gems do follow a pattern, I don't remember if it's 10 per pound or 5 per pound, but it's something in that area.

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 07:03 PM
The main issue was locker storage. Carrying hundreds of alchemy items gets encumbering for anyone. The problem is, gems aren't standard, nor should they be...some are big, some are small. Some shells in RR and Sol areas weigh 5 pounds each. With that being said, MOST gems do follow a pattern, I don't remember if it's 10 per pound or 5 per pound, but it's something in that area.

I was just going off Marks stats and the thread that was posted, but it could have changed.

Also... thanks for all the neg rep. I'm also aware that I can buy an encumbrance potion. But I like to explore my non pay to win options first.

OP should be happy I'm keeping his post at the top of the list.

Thondalar
09-18-2014, 07:11 PM
I was just going off Marks stats and the thread that was posted, but it could have changed.

Also... thanks for all the neg rep. I'm also aware that I can buy an encumbrance potion. But I like to explore my non pay to win options first.

OP should be happy I'm keeping his post at the top of the list.

I didn't neg rep you...I sign my rep.

Androidpk
09-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Who is this Mark people speak of? Mark McGwire? Wahlburg? Twain?

Haldrik
09-18-2014, 07:19 PM
I didn't neg rep you...I sign my rep.

Oh I know it wasn't you. You are too cool a dude to be randomly trolling neg rep comments about poop, farts, and piss. (I got some of those too.)

I meant it as a general statement to the other retards.

DaCapn
09-19-2014, 12:11 AM
I think the main context was indeed for alchemy and the 500-item limit.

Don't expect anything to be very predictable weight-wise with the gem jars. I also recall someone posting once about the weight of a jar having inconsistent weight with a specific number and type of gem. I noticed something similar with arrow bundles. If you bundle up to 25 arrows (for example), where the weight rounds up to 3lbs (from 2.5lbs at 24 arrows), then remove an arrow, the bundle is still 3lbs. Keep removing them one at a time down to a 2-arrow bundle and it will still weigh 3lbs. I ran across this particular bit trying to use arrows to discern container capacities. It seemed like a great way to control weight and item quantity while measuring weight capacity of few/several-item capacity containers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the arrow bundling code was copied and adapted for jars. After all, the idea is quite similar: combining items which must have similar properties into a single item.

DaCapn
09-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Price drop. Will do batches of 50.

Methais
09-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Who is this Mark people speak of? Mark McGwire? Wahlburg? Twain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM4DkF2rQ4U

DaCapn
09-22-2014, 05:13 PM
All sold pending delivery. Thanks.