PDA

View Full Version : Apple iCloud hacked - celebrity nude photos stolen

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 08:34 PM
http://www.news100.net/leaked-photos-of-jennifer-lawrence/

Explicit photos appearing to show a nude Jennifer Lawrence have hit the internet as part of what appears to be a huge celebrity hacking campaign.

The photos surfaced on Twitter on Sunday, allegedly showing the Hunger Games actress in a number of graphic naked positions.

The hacker that was responsible is said to have of 60 images of the 24-year-old in compromising positions in his possession.

A representative for Lawrence has confirmed that the photos are real, telling TMZ: “This is a flagrant violation of privacy. The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence.”

Other partially nude photos of female celebrities being posted include Kate Upton, Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande, Kirsten Dunst, Hope Solo, Krysten Ritter, Yvonne Strahovski, and Teresa Palmer.

The pictures were allegedly retrieved due to an iCloud leak that allowed celebrities’ phones to be hacked.

Fallen
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this topic. The scope of the leak is what really amazes me. Why so many of these celebrities would keep such incriminating photos on cloud-based storage is beyond me.

JackWhisper
09-01-2014, 05:12 PM
I demand to see said photos!

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this topic. The scope of the leak is what really amazes me. Why so many of these celebrities would keep such incriminating photos on cloud-based storage is beyond me.

After reading some articles on this it's safe to say that many people assumed cloud = secure.

Fallen
09-01-2014, 05:15 PM
I demand to see said photos!

They're up on reddit and 4chan. Look for the fappening.

Latrinsorm
09-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Surprised there wasn't more discussion on this topic. The scope of the leak is what really amazes me. Why so many of these celebrities would keep such incriminating photos on cloud-based storage is beyond me.http://www.guidingtech.com/assets/postimages/2014/07/ST-Cloud-LoL.png

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure this is why my internet was so slow yesterday morning.

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/09/4chan-nude-photo-scandal-icloud-jennifer-lawrence-pictures/

Thondalar
09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
A few things I take away from this...1)Ariana Grande, who I was most excited about seeing, apparently has better lawyers than anyone else because every link with her name on it is already down before you can even click on it. 2) Kate Upton's boobs were everything I expected them to be. 3) Jennifer Lawrence needs some pubic hair. Not a lot, just a little heart patch or a landing strip or something.

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 05:40 PM
Her dad is loaded so no surprise about the lawyers.

Yes O_O

Jeril
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm honestly surprised it has taken this long for something like this to happen. No idea how secure clouds are exactly but when you think about it if the best hackers in the world can get into near any system they want this kind of thing should come as no surprise. For people like these celebrities the smart thing to do is not have those photos on anything that could be gotten into. I do imagine the cloud storage systems did make the job easier though because all the information was more concentrated then it would have been otherwise.

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Department of Defense computers have been hacked going on since the mid-80's. If it's online, it's vulnerable.

Jeril
09-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Department of Defense computers have been hacked going on since the mid-80's. If it's online, it's vulnerable.

Exactly.

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 06:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/duUydbw.gif

Whirlin
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM
See what happens when Jeril doesn't have Gemstone?

Look at the evil he's capable of

http://np.reddit.com/r/TheFappening/comments/2f44n0/new_celeb_leaked_pics_all_in_one_place/

SHAFT
09-01-2014, 07:01 PM
It was like Christmas this morning....

Latrinsorm
09-01-2014, 07:04 PM
See what happens when Jeril doesn't have Gemstone?No. No I don't. :saint:

Gizmo
09-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Too slow.

Jeril
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM
See what happens when Jeril doesn't have Gemstone?

Look at the evil he's capable of

http://np.reddit.com/r/TheFappening/comments/2f44n0/new_celeb_leaked_pics_all_in_one_place/

LOL.

Thondalar
09-01-2014, 07:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/duUydbw.gif

Ok, lol.

Thondalar
09-01-2014, 08:01 PM
No. No I don't. :saint:

Oh come on, you know you were checking out the Kaley Cuoco backshot. Even as a gay man you have to respect that.

SHAFT
09-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Kate upton and jennifer Lawrence were the only 2 I really cared about.

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Kate upton and jennifer Lawrence were the only 2 I really cared about.

Jennifer over Yvonne??

Thondalar
09-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Jennifer over Yvonne??

Who is Yvonne?

Kate Upton you only really wanted to see if you have a terrible imagination...she's shown every part of her boobs except the nips...ok, I lie, I wanted to see the full glory too. I digress on that one.

Jennifer Lawrence was more of a curiosity, I find it interesting that she turned out to be one of the biggest freaks in the bunch, and was the first to say publicly "yep, those pics are real"...

SHAFT
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
I didn't see her. I clicked on a number of names and they had been taken down. I'll check again later.

She always looked pretty prototypical to me. Kate upton and jennifer Lawrence seem a bit unique. I wouldn't mind seeing the bar rafaeli pics however....

SHAFT
09-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Who is Yvonne?

Kate Upton you only really wanted to see if you have a terrible imagination...she's shown every part of her boobs except the nips...ok, I lie, I wanted to see the full glory too. I digress on that one.

Jennifer Lawrence was more of a curiosity, I find it interesting that she turned out to be one of the biggest freaks in the bunch, and was the first to say publicly "yep, those pics are real"...

Yvonne strahowvski or something

Thondalar
09-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks to an unnamed proud citizen of our august company I have seen the Ariana Grande pics...I was underwhelmed.

Two pretty good ass-shots, but everything else was all covered up. I was really hoping she'd be more of a freak than that.

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 08:27 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Strahovski. :heart:

She starred in this recent season of 24 with Bauer and its been hinted that she could take over the lead role.

Fallen
09-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Upton's stuff was fairly racey, if all the shots I saw were legit. Think bukaki-esque situations.

Parkbandit
09-02-2014, 08:31 AM
I think they've all been taken down now. FUCKING LAWYERS RUIN EVERYTHING! 😡

JackWhisper
09-02-2014, 08:36 AM
So glad I got to it before it all got taken down. ROFL.

JackWhisper
09-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Next August 31st is now an Internet Holiday, dubbed The Fappening. I, for one, will be celebrating for this momentous occasion.

Fallen
09-02-2014, 08:50 AM
I cannot fathom the media's response in saying that these women shouldn't be told not to store naked pictures of themselves online. As others pointed out here, nothing is unhackable. If money, passwords, state secrets, and any other imaginable piece of data can and will be stolen online, why would you ever assume that compromising photos would not be targeted? There are ways to mitigate loss of sensitive information and money in the form of insurance, monitoring, fraud protection, etc but there is absolutely no way to delete something off of the internet once it is out of your personal possession. Those pictures will be out there to be seen in some form or another for as long as the internet exists.

Knowing that to be true, how the hell is it bad advice to tell people to NOT PUT NUDE PHOTOS OF YOURSELVES on storage devices connected to the cloud and/or constantly online devices? If you must insist on taking naked pictures of yourself, which apparently is an inalienable right and privilege according to the liberal feminist bloggers responding to this incident, store it as securely as you possibly can, and know that it STILL has a moderately high likelihood of eventually finding its way to the public. Attempting to Brow-beat the public into feeling guilty for wanting to see naked celebrities will do exactly dick to solve this problem.

This wasn't 1 instance of 1 person finding a loophole and exploiting it. Evidence is mounting that these photos were mined over the course of weeks and/or months in a coordinated effort and then released all at once. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it will not be the last, no matter how harsh a penalty they put on the practice of hacking or what security measures data companies put into place.

Androidpk
09-02-2014, 09:00 AM
^^^^^^

JackWhisper
09-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Funniest part is the women screaming FAKE when it's clearly them, to try and act like they're still wholesome.

Though the ass licking chick was CLEARLY the winner in the 'Whoa. Bitch, you kinky.' category. I laughed my ass off at that video. When you know you've done too much drugs: When you beg to lick ass on camera.

Androidpk
09-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Who is the ass licking chick?

heh yeah
09-02-2014, 09:56 AM
I think they've all been taken down now. FUCKING LAWYERS RUIN EVERYTHING! 😡

Lawyers are powerless against the Streisand Effect:

http://imgur.com/a/2lx1L NSFW obviously.

Keller
09-02-2014, 10:23 AM
#yesallwomen

Fallen
09-02-2014, 10:38 AM
#yesallwomen

#andthatonedude'sshlong

Ker_Thwap
09-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I always just kind of assumed that everyone in the entertainment field slept their way to the top, and that most leaked photos only helped careers.

SHAFT
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I always just kind of assumed that everyone in the entertainment field slept their way to the top, and that most leaked photos only helped careers.

Some of those people with leaked photos I had never heard of. Like who in the hell is Victoria justice?

Gelston
09-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Some of those people with leaked photos I had never heard of. Like who in the hell is Victoria justice?

A Nickelodeon actress person.

Buckwheet
09-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Anyone else find the irony over the "blaming the victim" coverage?

You know its risky to get high.
You know its risky to give pictures of yourself in compromising positions to anyone.

You run into a bridge while high and kill yourself. - Everyone agrees, well you shouldn't have gotten high. Nobody defends the person and blames the dealer.
Your nudes get shared with the world. -Most people agree that well you shouldn't have shared your nudes.

In this case, "anyone" and "shared" refers to Google/Apple/imgur and "shared" means "moved outside of your control".

While I certainly agree with someone getting this without authorization this isn't a full no fault on the victim stance.

Keller
09-02-2014, 12:50 PM
#andthatonedude'sshlong

Fallen
09-02-2014, 12:51 PM
I dont know what I just saw and I am angry with you for showing it to me.

Solkern
09-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Vk.com/nakedicloud

You can see all the leaked photos
Just click on photos tab

Androidpk
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Vk.com/nakedicloud

You can see all the leaked photos
Just click on photos tab

Make sure you guys stay hydrated.

Androidpk
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/f2B5A7T.jpg

Androidpk
09-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Who knew this was the key to world peace?

http://i.imgur.com/6R8k6o1.jpg

Gompers
09-03-2014, 08:59 PM
FBI Priorities: http://i.imgur.com/wXWqtG4.gif

Kembal
09-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Eh, with the way Apple iCloud backup works, I can't entirely blame them. It's not like you have much control over what goes into the cloud unless you turn off iCloud backup entirely.

Androidpk
09-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Apple stock lost $26 billion. Ouch!

Jarvan
09-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Apple stock lost $26 billion. Ouch!

Bummer.. only 436 trillion to go to get rid of them. (Hyperbole of course)

g++
09-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Many of the images were probably scrubbed from deletion as well. Apple left an infinitely retryable API on a password field into iCloud that led to the break in. Kind of unforgivable for such a huge tech company. I know the adage "everything on the internet can be hacked there is no defense" etc etc but apple pretty much put a bike lock on its bank vault.

Latrinsorm
09-04-2014, 07:19 PM
What's crazy is their iTunes password will lock you out after TWO tries, which is pretty annoying, but it seems like they could have found a happy medium.

Androidpk
09-04-2014, 07:27 PM
What's crazy is their iTunes password will lock you out after TWO tries, which is pretty annoying, but it seems like they could have found a happy medium.

That is just absurd. Why should our password attempts be limited? Why can't we just teach men not to hack!?

Latrinsorm
09-04-2014, 07:32 PM
That is just absurd. Why should our password attempts be limited? Why can't we just teach men not to hack!?Too soon.

zzentar
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
I am really sorry this whole thing happened to be honest,
I am a huge fan of the whole female body but especially the chest area.
There is definitely something to that adage about leaving it to the imagination.
I didn't lose any respect for any of the women, I just lost the image I had built in my mind.

~Zz

Parkbandit
09-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I am really sorry this whole thing happened to be honest,
I am a huge fan of the whole female body but especially the chest area.
There is definitely something to that adage about leaving it to the imagination.
I didn't lose any respect for any of the women, I just lost the image I had built in my mind.

~Zz

http://www.troll.me/images/you-know-how-i-know-youre-gay/you-know-how-i-kno-ur-gay-you-just-told-me-thumb.jpg

zzentar
09-04-2014, 08:41 PM
you can honestly say Kate Upton looks as good RL as what you thought she did in photo layouts?

Whirlin
09-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Some speculative reports I heard over the lolRadio this morning implied that they all had their passwords phished.

Androidpk
09-04-2014, 08:54 PM
However it happened I hope people are enjoying the hypocrisy of the media.

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/hypocrisy_o_3771279.jpg

waywardgs
09-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Some speculative reports I heard over the lolRadio this morning implied that they all had their passwords phished.

It was a combination of a few things, including some serious stalking type infomining to guess passwords. The whole thing had been going on for a while and after one dude who had some pics started to float them for sale the rest followed thinking the price they could get would drop. It was a shitload of people involved, and this type of hacking goes on constantly.

Ashlander
09-05-2014, 07:11 AM
you can honestly say Kate Upton looks as good RL as what you thought she did in photo layouts?

Yes, yes I can.

SHAFT
09-20-2014, 08:15 PM
So where can one find all of the new leaked pics in place?

Androidpk
09-20-2014, 08:18 PM

www.fbi.com

Astray
09-20-2014, 08:21 PM

The sites that hosted them had to take the files down. Supposedly.

SHAFT
09-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Drunkenstepfather.com has em

Taernath
09-20-2014, 09:09 PM
pirate bay

Gizmo
09-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Apparently there are more new leaks...

Warriorbird
09-21-2014, 12:14 PM
If only we'd all trust our phones less.

Androidpk
09-21-2014, 01:11 PM
If only we'd all trust our phones less.

Who is this we?

Parkbandit
09-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Hope Solo should have deleted some of those photos...... damn that's cavernous.

Taernath
09-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Hope Solo should have deleted some of those photos...... damn that's cavernous.

Hahahaha

I don't know who 90% of these people are that I'm looking at.

SHAFT
09-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah hope solo should not be taking photos like that. As for the kim kardashian pics, who fucking cares? She probably emailed the pics to the hackers who posted the rest of em. She was hot before all the surgery to the face. Now she looks like an alien who can't physically smile or move her facial muscles.

JackWhisper
09-21-2014, 04:18 PM
I need to stay on top of this shit, I have no clue where this stuff is. rofl.

Tgo01
09-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Hahahaha

I don't know who 90% of these people are that I'm looking at.

http://prettycoolpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Davon-Magwood-Fappening.jpg

JackWhisper
09-21-2014, 04:33 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tgo01 again.

Haaahahaha.

SHAFT
09-23-2014, 11:50 PM
1. Even though I've seen Jenny McCarthy nude in the past, her pics were interesting. Thanks jenny.

2. Chloe dykstra has great tits. Thanks Chloe. I had no clue who you were until your nude pics leaked.

Tgo01
10-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Google threatened with $100 million lawsuit over hacked celebrity photos (http://jam.canoe.ca/Celebrities/2014/10/02/21980941.html)

LOS ANGELES - Google is being accused by a Hollywood lawyer representing several women whose photos were stolen from their Apple iCloud accounts of failing to remove images from its services -- with an explicit threat of a lawsuit demanding more than $100 million.

In the letter, lawyer Marty Singer of L.A.-based law firm Lively & Singer said that Google not only has failed to expeditiously remove the images from sites including YouTube and Blogspot but also knowingly facilitated the hosting of the hacked photos.

"Google is making millions and profiting from the victimization of women," Singer wrote in the Oct. 1 letter, sent to top Google execs including CEO Larry Page and executive chairman Eric Schmidt. "As a result of your blatantly unethical behavior, Google is exposed to significant liability and both compensatory and punitive damages that could well exceed One Hundred Million Dollars ($100,000,000)."

Singer says the firm is representing "over a dozen female celebrities, actresses, models and athletes" whose private photos were accessed after their Apple iCloud accounts were hacked. The letter does not identify the women.

Google reps did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The hack attack came to light Aug. 31 after hundreds of nude and partially nude photos from personal iPhone accounts of dozens of actresses and personalities, including Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Kirsten Dunst and Selena Gomez, were posted online.

Apple, in response to the incident, said neither iCloud nor Find My iPhone were breached but that it was cooperating with law enforcement agencies to investigate what it called a "very targeted attack."

According to Singer, his firm has sent more than a dozen takedown requests to Google to remove the images of its clients under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. But "while responsible providers like Twitter are immediately removing the images and suspending the offending user accounts, Google is perpetuating the despicable conduct of these habitual pervert predators," Singer wrote, including Blogspot accounts that have acted as some of the main sources for the stolen photos.

At first I thought this lawsuit was bullshit but thinking about about it more it actually makes a lot of sense.

Google should have done more to take down the images on sites it owns and every search engine should have removed any search results pointing to these images.

It wouldn't have stopped the images from being leaked all over the world but still, just because you can't stop something 100% effectively does that mean you don't even try? When it comes to Democrats and protecting our border the answer is "yes" but to every sane person the answer is "no."

Androidpk
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Bullshit lawsuit is bullshit.

SHAFT
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
It is bullshit tgo! We have the right to see these ladies and their lady parts! It is my right as an American to see Kate upton getting cum shot on her ass and back! It is your right. Do not stand for this censorship!

Tgo01
10-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Bullshit lawsuit is bullshit.

:O

It is bullshit tgo! We have the right to see these ladies and their lady parts! It is my right as an American to see Kate upton getting cum shot on her ass and back! It is your right. Do not stand for this censorship!

You make some good points, SHAFT. This lawsuit is bullshit!

JackWhisper
10-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Kirsten Dunst looks fugly. I'm sorry, but she just does now.

MegaBitchyRestingFace...GO!

SHAFT
10-02-2014, 09:14 PM
I really enjoyed the Kirsten dunst photos.

Thondalar
10-02-2014, 09:15 PM
I missed anything after the first wave. Too hard trying to find places with them.

Tenlaar
10-02-2014, 09:17 PM
It wouldn't have stopped the images from being leaked all over the world but still, just because you can't stop something 100% effectively does that mean you don't even try? When it comes to Democrats and protecting our border the answer is "yes" but to every sane person the answer is "no."

Have you ever woken up in the morning without the desire to turn every single thing you see, hear, or do that day into some us vs. them bullshit?

SHAFT
10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
I missed anything after the first wave. Too hard trying to find places with them.

Drunkenstepfather.com always posts them until the lawyers get involved.

Tgo01
10-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Have you ever woken up in the morning without the desire to turn every single thing you see, hear, or do that day into some us vs. them bullshit?

Hmm...nope!

Thondalar
10-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Here's how much Google cares about that lawsuit...type "hacked celeb nudes" into google images search and the 2nd one on the screen is a naked JLaw on the couch. Swap "celeb" with "(celeb's name)" to get more.

Androidpk
10-02-2014, 09:55 PM
"Leaked thondalar nudes" pulls up some great pictures. Thond, you sly fox you.

Parkbandit
10-03-2014, 07:26 AM
Here's how much Google cares about that lawsuit...type "hacked celeb nudes" into google images search and the 2nd one on the screen is a naked JLaw on the couch. Swap "celeb" with "(celeb's name)" to get more.

Not sure how it became Google's responsibility to police the web. The lawsuit should be thrown out.

Latrinsorm
10-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Not sure how it became Google's responsibility to police the web. The lawsuit should be thrown out.Nobody's expecting Google to shut down the sites (they don't own) that host the pictures, only to not provide easy access to them. It's the same way that an accessory to murder doesn't actually commit murder but is still subject to significant punishment.

Androidpk
10-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Nobody's expecting Google to shut down the sites (they don't own) that host the pictures, only to not provide easy access to them. It's the same way that an accessory to murder doesn't actually commit murder but is still subject to significant punishment.

So you want google to censor the internet just because some idiots uploaded nudes of themselves? This isn't China, buddy.

Parkbandit
10-03-2014, 12:21 PM
They went after Google (and not any other search engines) because Google has the deepest pockets.

The only ones responsible are the people who stole the pictures. Go after them.

Google has no responsibility in the theft.

Gelston
10-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Bing has some damn deep pockets.

Latrinsorm
10-03-2014, 12:33 PM
So you want google to censor the internet just because some idiots uploaded nudes of themselves? This isn't China, buddy.Google doesn't have the power to censor the internet thanks to our eternal ally the federal government: Google does not have a monopoly on search engines.

Good to know that you think personal property is "idiocy", though.

Gelston
10-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Google doesn't have the power to censor the internet thanks to our eternal ally the federal government: Google does not have a monopoly on search engines.

Good to know that you think personal property is "idiocy", though.

Where di he say that? He said the people that did it are idiots.