PDA

View Full Version : FUCK A PALLY!!!

Andrath
10-03-2004, 04:40 PM
I originally thought that Paladins were a good idea to diversify GS4 but the GM's of GS4 have created a peice of crap profession! Only suppose to .75x in spells, then why give them rezz at 40? Man something stinks at Simutronics...why not incorporate some professions from DR like Moon Mages...

"Fuck Pallys, I'll punch every pally in the face!"--Inspired by Dane Cook...Bees.

Axhinde
10-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Think about your words whenever you decide to look for a good group.

StrayRogue
10-03-2004, 04:57 PM
You sound like Drumpy. You have no idea how they will play until we can actually play them. So stop whining.

Artha
10-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Supposed to .75x does not mean that everyone or anyone isn't going to 1x. Rogues are supposed to 1.5x shields. Most 1x. Same thing with paladins.

Tsa`ah
10-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Molds are meant to be broken.

Betheny
10-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Semis aren't supposed to have the same powers as their 'counterpart'. Paladins aren't built to raise. That they even get the ability to raise is bullshit.

Meos
10-03-2004, 05:07 PM
No one is putting a gun to your head and making you become a paladin are they? If the answer is no, please shut up.

I think paladins are shaping up to be a sweet alternitive to being a ranger or a bard.

Andrath
10-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Atleast Maim is somewhat on my side, I roguish and I 2x shields. I'm not saying that potentially they couldn't be great, I'm saying the idea of them raising before a cleric is obsurd.

You people have serious issues with telling everyone to shutup and get off the boards if they don't agree with your stupidity. Freedom of speech,ass! It's an american right you fuckin treason-condoning cock!

Tsa`ah
10-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Andrath
Atleast Maim is somewhat on my side, I roguish and I 2x shields. I'm not saying that potentially they couldn't be great, I'm saying the idea of them raising before a cleric is obsurd.

You people have serious issues with telling everyone to shutup and get off the boards if they don't agree with your stupidity. Freedom of speech,ass! It's an american right you fuckin treason-condoning cock!

I'm going to be blunt on two points.

1. When you post like a shit, you get shitty replies.

2. Freedom of speech does not exist on this forum.

Remember the above two points, read the TOS and we'll have no problem.

Meos
10-03-2004, 05:51 PM
FUCK SHIT DAMN ASS BITCH PALADINS SUCK MY BALLS CLERICS ARE BETTER.

Don't expect me to treat you with kid gloves man.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Betheny
10-03-2004, 05:54 PM
On your side? I dunno. I don't think paladins should have the ability to raise at all, that's all I think. As for sides, this entire arguement is pretty nonexistent to me, so it'd be hard for me to choose sides.

Andrath
10-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey Meos..thanks, I agree Clerics are better. No freedom of speech? Your all under citizen's arrest for treason!

10-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Meos..thanks, I agree Clerics are better. No freedom of speech? Your all under citizen's arrest for treason!

I've put that swastika in the mail for you, Nazi.

- Arkans

Meos
10-03-2004, 06:03 PM
I choose to exorcise my freedom of speech...

Don't yell at me because I don't agree with you Andrath.

I think it'd be alot more FUN to run around in chain and spelled up to the gills, enjoying some redux destorying shit with my sanctified claidmore. And if the friend I;m hunting with happens to die... I think I'll rezz them. Thanks for playing freedom of speech.

Andrath
10-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Apparently everyone in these boards loses totally what I say. You just said that clerics were better than paladins Meos...now why are you saying you dont agree with me? I agree with you! :wtf:

Meos
10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Meos
FUCK SHIT DAMN ASS BITCH PALADINS SUCK MY BALLS CLERICS ARE BETTER.

Don't expect me to treat you with kid gloves man.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Tsa`ah]

I never agreed with you... that was my impression of your posting style.

Snapp
10-03-2004, 07:54 PM
I don't see a problem with Paladins being able to raise.. mainly because it's so restricted. Unless the info has changed, they don't get experience, and can only raise like once a day or something, right? Plus it's a level 40 spell that, most likely, not many will have AT 40 trains.

Betheny
10-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
I don't see a problem with Paladins being able to raise.. mainly because it's so restricted. Unless the info has changed, they don't get experience, and can only raise like once a day or something, right? Plus it's a level 40 spell that, most likely, not many will have AT 40 trains.

It's like a sorcerer being able to heal. Or an empath being able to implode. Every class has a skill they don't share. Major elemental for wizards, healing for empaths, imploding and sorcerer spells for sorcerers... And now clerics have to share theirs? It's stupid. :rolleyes: Paladins aren't semi-clerics. They're paladins. Crossing that line is dumb. Because all you're going to hear is fucking idiot jackass people that decided to roll a paladin bitching about how their raising sucks. Case in point, this thread.

Artha
10-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Clerics can raise more than once a day. Yay clerics.

Snapp
10-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
They're paladins. Crossing that line is dumb. Because all you're going to hear is fucking idiot jackass people that decided to roll a paladin bitching about how their raising sucks. Case in point, this thread.

Tell them to feel blessed and shove it up their ass.

I think it's a neat idea mainly from the RP standpoint since they're basically super physical clerics. They have absolutely no right to bitch though... especially when they arent even implemented yet.

Fallen
10-03-2004, 08:20 PM
It's like a sorcerer being able to heal.>>

Sorcerers can kinda sorda heal. Good stuff, really.

Bobmuhthol
10-03-2004, 09:56 PM
<<I think it's a neat idea mainly from the RP standpoint since they're basically super physical clerics.>>

I think you mean holy warrior, not physical cleric.

And what the fuck could you possibly be complaining about? That's what a paladin is. Paladins can resurrect. Play a MMORPG with a paladin class (World of Warcraft comes to mind) and then tell me GemStone's paladin is any different from the others.

Uryens
10-05-2005, 10:36 PM
So happens that pallys are bad ass. Just converted my warrior over at level 25.

Janarth
10-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Friendly piece of advice...try not to bump year old threads just to agree with a comment. People around here tend to get touchy about that. Welcome to the PC

Hulkein
10-05-2005, 11:18 PM
I don't see anything wrong with bumping this thread... People discussing how Pally's will be a year ago, this guy says they turned out good.

Better than making a new relatively pointless thread saying 'I CONVERTED MY PALLY PWN'

The Ponzzz
10-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Janarth
Friendly piece of advice...try not to bump year old threads just to agree with a comment. People around here tend to get touchy about that. Welcome to the PC

Heh, then why have them anymore? Why not just remove them. Or people would be upset about their post count going down...:D

Uryens
10-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Janarth

Seems to me that this whole topic is about pally's suckin balls. So therefore I never agreed to anything. I never said yeah pallys suck ass you shouldnt play one and clerics are better. I simply stated that pallys are badass. And making a point that they dont suck. Try to think about what someone is saying when they say "They are badass".

Skeeter
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
seemed like a reasonable bump to me. glad you're enjoying the class.

Axhinde
10-06-2005, 09:59 AM
I love my Paladin even without having any society bonuses. Between 1614, 1630, and mstrike crowds arent much of a problem. DS is a little lackluster self-spelled, but with beseech who gives a fuck? :D Also, being able to 117 myself is just.....yeah.

FinisWolf
10-06-2005, 12:18 PM
<-- Absolutely loves the fuck out of his 56 paladin! Paladin's PWN! No bout a doubt it!

Finis

Andrath
10-06-2005, 04:19 PM
I started this post a year ago and was seriously pissed they took 312 from clerics and replaced it with a hollow-deity spell..

the reason it was bumped is because i helped my RL friend..Mike aka Uryens reroll his warrior into a pally and I've changed my opinion's...Pallys are awesome from 20+ under that they blow in my mind...AND THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN 312 RAISE DEAD DAMN IT....

also giving pally rezz at 40 is bullshit and only 1 a day is also bullshit..they should have it at 30 or 35...40 is just fucked...and it wouldnt be so bad if it would be a half-way decent rezz..1x a day..wtf is that?! people with raise dead & WoL scrolls are better than a pally...

oh, and to add...my rogue will still slaughter any pally his level or below..wanna test it? come to teras and look me up...I'll be overhunting 18 levels in kiramon. have a nice day!

[Edited on 10-6-2005 by Andrath]

FinisWolf
10-06-2005, 06:30 PM
At train 12, my young pali swung 260ish, and killed a colosous raptor (train 48), so you are VERY wrong! He is now a whoppin` 17 trains, and has a steady swing of 303.

Might I just say; "You are wrong, Wrong, WRONG!"

Finis

Artha
10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I'll be overhunting 18 levels in kiramon.
Kiramon = not braggable. They're like level 40 giant rats.

Bobmuhthol
10-06-2005, 06:44 PM
<<oh, and to add...my rogue will still slaughter any pally his level or below..wanna test it? come to teras and look me up...I'll be overhunting 18 levels in kiramon. have a nice day!>>

My 23 paladin challenges you, sir. Come to the Landing at once.

Andrath
10-06-2005, 09:32 PM
I said come to Teras, and I didnt pay 50k to come here to make money for Ebon's to turn back 2days after being here have already made 175k..I know its not alot but for me its a considerable amount.

I accept your challenge under 1 condition, no wands or scrolls and selfcast buffs only. Same goes fer me, no wands or scrolls cuz I cant use them anyways and selfcast only.

So I know Bob from running for mayor and getting locked in his house laughing at me..yea..haha..but...your pally? and my andy? LETS GET IT ON!! ding ding!

oh, and those kiramon were kiramon defenders...at 48...not workers at 40.

:medieval:

[Edited on 10-7-2005 by Andrath]

[Edited on 10-7-2005 by Andrath]

hectomaner
10-06-2005, 09:44 PM
kiramon workers and defenders are BOTH pussys. bragging about hunting them is like bragging about killing michaelous/suavementasious

Andrath
10-06-2005, 09:51 PM
HECTO, damn man...get off my back, your always fuckin negative and you follow me like a shadow, chill out on my posts man..your the main aggressor.

Other than that..Bob's Pally is still gonna catch an asswhoopin...anyone wanna place bets?

Back
10-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Hecto, you should give that avatar to Arkans.

hectomaner
10-07-2005, 12:36 PM
HECTO, damn man...get off my back, your always fuckin negative and you follow me like a shadow, chill out on my posts man..your the main aggressor.

Other than that..Bob's Pally is still gonna catch an asswhoopin...anyone wanna place bets?

so what, i'm not allowed to post in threads any more? specifically ones where people need to see the truth about how some things are?

give me a break.

and no, the avatar is ALL MINE!!!!!

Uryens
10-07-2005, 03:22 PM

LOL I think I would have to put 10k on Andrath there.

Andrath
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
10k isnt much but its support...lol...

23 paladin vs 30 rogue

you still up for it bob?

FinisWolf
10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
I would bet on Bob. A pali will kick a rogues ass.

Whats funny here is that after you gave your challenge, you wimped out by placing all these restrictions.

Bob, don't let the pali's down.

Finis

Andrath
10-09-2005, 03:25 AM
give me a break..paladin's cannot cast unbalance or quake...restrictions?! you cant come prespelled with stuff you cant cast..

whatever....ambush ownage, my swing is gonna be just over his defensive DS but it'll still be high enough to hit..and a crit is a crit is a crit....45 damage and no eye or brains...

FinisWolf
10-09-2005, 04:04 AM
give me a break..paladin's cannot cast unbalance or quake...restrictions?! you cant come prespelled with stuff you cant cast..

Nope, paladins don't quake, but they sure as hell can unbalance! Web! Use spirit strike. And a few other fun spells. If Bob's pali is set up right, his paladin won't even leave gaurded to kill your rogue. On the bright side, he is young enough that he likely does not have those fun spells.

O! And you can bet a paladin has at least decent redux to help with any accidental crit. Maybe not at Bob's pali's young level, but the higher you go ...

Finis

[Edited on 10-9-2005 by FinisWolf]

Andrath
10-09-2005, 04:07 AM
and a 2x spells pally's DS will blow, i dont need guarded hit to leave...leg and neck i will...leg and neck...

oh, and how can he hit me with anything if i pop him in the head...? nobody thinks about that, if you hit them in the head or hands they cant cast..then what's a pally? i warrior without plate...and thats nothing compared to highly tuned ambush criticals....byebye

On my way to Landing as we speak..on the boat...c ya tomorrow!

Andreal
10-09-2005, 04:26 AM
1615 + weapon attack ftw

Andrath
10-10-2005, 02:05 AM
My rogue andrath is in landing and has been all day today and will be tomorrow...find me bob

Himmy
10-10-2005, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by hectomaner
kiramon workers and defenders are BOTH pussys. bragging about hunting them is like bragging about killing michaelous/suavementasious
You win.
:yes: