PDA

View Full Version : DR couple needs help

Allereli
08-31-2014, 03:17 AM
You may or may not know Cathie and JD (Thundrek/Balfore (JD), and Drexella (Cathie)) from DragonRealms, but they're good people.

What you also may not know is what they're dealing with right now. They've been part of our community and part of our world for a long, long time. If you can help, please do, even if it's just by sending positive thoughts and spreading the word.

http://www.gofundme.com/dr2g40

Solomon

Gelston
08-31-2014, 03:21 AM
Just add this in....

You may know Cathie and JD as Thundrek/Balfore (JD), and Drexella (Cathie), prominent personalities in the Riverhaven region of DragonRealms. If you know them, you know they go out of their way to help those around them, often sacrificing themselves for others. It is the same out of game, as it is in. But you may have also noticed the absence of Thundrek/Balfore of late, as JD’s chronic memory issues have taken a sharp decline. Sadly, cancer has now been added to his list of diagnoses, and the doctors have given him a poor prognosis of 3-6 months. Not surprisingly, this has been a hard process on both of them, as the decision has been made, along with the advice of doctor’s, not to pursue chemo therapy and radiation, as at this point it will almost certainly not help. But through all the pain, and the ups and downs, their love shines through like a radiant beacon of hope to us all, and it is a love that JD desperately wishes to make official, by marrying Cathie before he dies. But weddings take time, and if not time, they take money, money that Cathie and JD cannot pull together in the 3-6 months he has recently been given. Every little bit we can do to help Cathie and JD gets them that much closer to their goal, to being married and granting JD’s wish.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 04:33 AM
Raising money for a temporary marriage? Why not raise money so he can take a vacation to Colorado and try to kill the cancer?

Moonwitch
08-31-2014, 06:55 AM
3-6 months to live, he's far too gone for hope of fighting the cancer. They did reach their goal.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 07:23 AM
3-6 months to live, he's far too gone for hope of fighting the cancer.

No. You are wrong. That is more than enough time to stop it.

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/testimonials.html

Warriorbird
08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't think everybody wants to hear that stuff. You have to have some buy in for homeopathic stuff to work.

I didn't really know either, though Drexella was always helpful to me during my start in DR. Glad they made it.

Whirlin
08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
No. You are wrong. That is more than enough time to stop it.

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/testimonials.html

Phase 1) Denial

JackWhisper
08-31-2014, 09:36 AM
Why are we talking about Egypt?

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 10:07 AM
I don't think everybody wants to hear that stuff. You have to have some buy in for homeopathic stuff to work.

I didn't really know either, though Drexella was always helpful to me during my start in DR. Glad they made it.

Buy in? This isn't some witch doctor voodoo bullshit. There is hardcore proof that cannabis will stop metastasis of aggressive stage 3/4 terminal cancer and kill the cancerous cells. But hey, if this guy has already checked out and wants a silly wedding instead of wanting to go on living then more power to him and his soon to be wife and widow.

Gelston
08-31-2014, 10:21 AM
Can you stop pushing pot on people? I'm sure these people know more about his deadly disease then you do. I'm sure he has tried everything. Jesus Christ.

Taernath
08-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Buy in? This isn't some witch doctor voodoo bullshit. There is hardcore proof that cannabis will stop metastasis of aggressive stage 3/4 terminal cancer and kill the cancerous cells. But hey, if this guy has already checked out and wants a silly wedding instead of wanting to go on living then more power to him and his soon to be wife and widow.

Dude, seriously.

Candor
08-31-2014, 10:25 AM
Like a number of GS players, I don't play DR. I don't know Thundrek and Drexella.

Nevertheless, words of encouragement should be given - these are the kind of players we should support. And if you are so inclined, donations are good as well. They have met their goal, but any additional funds will be used to pay medical bills, and I expect those bills will be significant.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Can you stop pushing pot on people? I'm sure these people know more about his deadly disease then you do. I'm sure he has tried everything. Jesus Christ.

No.

Kalishar
08-31-2014, 10:47 AM
No.

You know, I've never minded any of your posts before... but I think in this case you need to learn when to stop.

OP: It's a terrible shame that bad things happen to good people. Glad that there's other good people in the world willing to help them out.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Yes, because making a suggestion that could be tremendously beneficial is such a terrible thing, right?
I should just give platitudes like everyone else.
:nutty:

Stretch
08-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Can't we just go back to race wars?

caelric
08-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Making it once is okay, but borderline insensitive. PM would have been better. COntinuing on and on about it is being an ass.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Making it once is okay, but borderline insensitive. PM would have been better. COntinuing on and on about it is being an ass.

Imformative, not insensitive.

Responding to comments/concerns != not continuing on and on about it.

Warriorbird
08-31-2014, 11:11 AM

You're my hero.

Taernath
08-31-2014, 11:50 AM

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p712/dtbrown082/aiEJH_zps8999a6ea.gif

Gelston
08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Imformative, not insensitive.

Responding to comments/concerns != not continuing on and on about it.

While you may be intending that, others aren't seeing it that way. And that is what matters.

Allereli
08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm glad they made their goals, I hope they have a wonderful wedding. My family was in a similar situation minus the financial part and there comes a point where, whenever possible, you really have to enjoy the time you have left.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 05:22 PM
While you may be intending that, others aren't seeing it that way. And that is what matters.

If helping people see past their cognitive bias, especially in a life or death situation, makes me an insensitive asshole then so be it.

Warriorbird
08-31-2014, 06:15 PM
If helping people see past their cognitive bias, especially in a life or death situation, makes me an insensitive asshole then so be it.

It's something some folks might consider. I believe most of the results fall under the placebo effect, however, which CAN accomplish amazing things, but folks have to buy into it for it to work. You also don't know if they haven't tried it. I'm not sure a gaming couple's sweet romantic request is the place for advocacy. You have a thread for that.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 06:44 PM
It's something some folks might consider. I believe most of the results fall under the placebo effect, however, which CAN accomplish amazing things, but folks have to buy into it for it to work. You also don't know if they haven't tried it. I'm not sure a gaming couple's sweet romantic request is the place for advocacy. You have a thread for that.

It's due to the incredibly potent anti-imflamation properties, not a placebo effect. Also, given the fact that this guys cancer was just detected I am willing to assume they have not tried the oil.

Rallorick
08-31-2014, 07:08 PM

Yeah.

Helping people. that's what's making you an insensitive asshole in this situation. You hit the nail on the head, there.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Yeah.

Helping people. that's what's making you an insensitive asshole in this situation. You hit the nail on the head, there.

Enlighten me then?

Donquix
08-31-2014, 08:59 PM
If a room full of people are telling you that you're being an asshole, you're being an asshole. Get down off the cross.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 09:07 PM
If a room full of people are telling you that you're being an asshole, you're being an asshole. Get down off the cross.

So if 5 million + kids buy a Bieber album does that make him a musical genius? Your logic is false and absurd.

Whirlin
08-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Your responding to a question that was never solicited.

The question was, "Will you donate money to assist a couple?" If your answer was no, leave it at that, like every other decent member of the forums did.

You're acting as though you are better aware of the couple's situation, and his particular cancer conditions, than the couple themselves or the doctors that they're working with. It's incredibly condescending to the couple, who never solicited your advice, and to the professionals he's working with.

Tisket
08-31-2014, 09:39 PM
Shut the fuck up, pk. You are being a stupid, unhelpful prick.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Your responding to a question that was never solicited.

The question was, "Will you donate money to assist a couple?" If your answer was no, leave it at that, like every other decent member of the forums did.

You're acting as though you are better aware of the couple's situation, and his particular cancer conditions, than the couple themselves or the doctors that they're working with. It's incredibly condescending to the couple, who never solicited your advice, and to the professionals he's working with.

Last time I checked this was the internet, where unsolicited advice is the norm. If you don't like what I have to suggest then feel free to ignore it.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 09:45 PM
Shut the fuck up, pk. You are being a stupid, unhelpful prick.

Coming from you that isn't saying much.

Tisket
08-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Coming from you that isn't saying much.

Let it go. You sound like a child now.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Let it go. You sound like a child now.

I disagree. I'd say everyone that is getting their panties all bunched up because I made a very valid suggesting are the ones being immature and insincere.

Tisket
08-31-2014, 09:51 PM
I disagree. I'd say everyone that is getting their panties all bunched up because I made a very valid suggesting are the ones being immature and insincere.

You are a blind man.

EricosIV
08-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Androidpk lost his brain cells to the bong..

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Androidpk lost his brain cells to the bong..

I've never even owned one nor do I plan on it.

Tisket
08-31-2014, 10:06 PM
I've never even owned one nor do I plan on it.

I believe you might have narcissistic personality disorder. You have the distinct lack of empathy but also display another hallmark of the disorder in that you give no credence to others perceptions.

How many people have to call you an asshole here for it to sink in?

Whirlin
08-31-2014, 10:09 PM
Last time I checked this was the internet, where unsolicited advice is the norm. If you don't like what I have to suggest then feel free to ignore it.
You seem genuinely confused why people think you're an asshole... I'm slowing it down and explaining it to you.

I'm also concerned why I'm the one that's now apparently recommended to ignore it, whereas you couldn't just ignore it and simply not donate.

It's akin to being belligerent towards a homeless person when he asks for a nickel, and ask him why doesn't he get a job.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 10:19 PM
I donate to charity (as well as the homeless), I've volunteered numerous hours towards events at my VA hospital and the program Meals on Wheels, and I'm currently spending part of my week working for free on a community supported agriculture farm and trying to get increased awareness out to local schools and food banks. Yes. I am quite the apathetic narcissist.

:eyeroll:

Tisket
08-31-2014, 10:52 PM
And yet you are incapable of admitting how inappropriate is your "contribution" to this thread.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 10:54 PM
And yet you are incapable of admitting how inappropriate is your "contribution" to this thread.

I already apologized for my insensitivity.

Tisket
08-31-2014, 10:55 PM
In this thread? I must have missed that.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 10:56 PM
In the rep comment thread.

Tisket
08-31-2014, 10:57 PM
So in a thread that the couple might not see.

I see.

Androidpk
08-31-2014, 11:01 PM
I'm an Irish Bostonian with a penchant for being obnoxiously blunt at times but yes, I am sorry for being a cunt.

Methais
08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
No.

http://www.jesh.com/Simucon2k/Cntrille%20Pics/Ophion.jpg

I'm with PK on this one, at least the "smoke some dope and kill your cancer" part.

Jarvan
08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
You know, I've never minded any of your posts before... but I think in this case you need to learn when to stop.

OP: It's a terrible shame that bad things happen to good people. Glad that there's other good people in the world willing to help them out.

PK never learned to stop.. he isn't to bright when it comes to some things.

how he is even allowed to still be posting here is beyond me.

Methais
08-31-2014, 11:06 PM

http://boothammer.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Road-Rash.jpeg

SHAFT
08-31-2014, 11:08 PM
I already apologized for my insensitivity.

Don't take any guff from these swine, man!

Jarvan
08-31-2014, 11:13 PM
I play DR every once in awhile. And one of my best friends in GS plays all the time. I am glad they are able to have their wedding.

My best friend's mom recently died of cancer. She seemed perfectly fine, then had a pain, went to the Dr 2 days later, and found out she had cancer, and was given 3 months to live. It had invaded like 5 organs. Just finding out about something doesn't mean anything can be done about it.

Candor
09-01-2014, 12:11 AM
I was about to write a remark about PK's posts, but since it won't change anything, I'll just add PK to my ignore list.

Taernath
09-01-2014, 12:20 AM
I was about to write a remark about PK's posts, but since it won't change anything, I'll just add PK to my ignore list.

http://cdnpix.com/show/imgs/e4c057a1ebec4878f8c62a678af81d79.jpg

Androidpk
09-01-2014, 12:25 AM

Shit just got real.

Methais
09-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Shit just got real.

Candor's done fucking around. No more Mickey Mouse shit.

JackWhisper
09-01-2014, 12:50 AM
Man... you KNOW it's bad when Candor stands up and talk shit instead of tattling.

Dendum
09-01-2014, 01:36 AM

Using the term cognitive bias makes you an asshole, the rest just reinforces your lofty position.

g++
09-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I used to buy my dad pot when he was doing chemo for his various cancers to help him eat and sleep better. He somehow managed to die though.

SHAFT
09-19-2014, 04:15 PM
I used to buy my dad pot when he was doing chemo for his various cancers to help him eat and sleep better. He somehow managed to die though.

Pretty awesome of you hiwever. Bravo.

Androidpk
09-19-2014, 04:21 PM

I've mentioned it before that I don't believe it is an absolute cure for everything but even the alleviating properties are tremendous. My uncle died of ALS in 2004. The meds he was given were making him sick and miserable, so he switched to cannabis after my dad suggested it to him and it made a big impact on his quality of life up until he died. Recently I convinced a cousin with MS to give the CBD oils a try, since she lives in Colorado. She went from taking meds that were making her feel sick all the time and not helping much with her symptoms to being able to lead a productive life again.

Wrathbringer
09-19-2014, 05:57 PM
I've mentioned it before that I don't believe it is an absolute cure for everything but even the alleviating properties are tremendous. My uncle died of ALS in 2004. The meds he was given were making him sick and miserable, so he switched to cannabis after my dad suggested it to him and it made a big impact on his quality of life up until he died. Recently I convinced a cousin with MS to give the CBD oils a try, since she lives in Colorado. She went from taking meds that were making her feel sick all the time and not helping much with her symptoms to being able to lead a productive life again.

WE GET IT YOU LIKE POT. j/k

Androidpk
09-19-2014, 06:06 PM
WE GET IT YOU LIKE POT. j/k

But I don't like it..

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7268785408/hEF1C756C/

Wrathbringer
09-19-2014, 06:08 PM
But I don't like it..

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7268785408/hEF1C756C/

:lol: