PDA

View Full Version : Time Between Messages?

Nytalus
10-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know how long you have to wait after receiving a message from the clerk before you can get another one? If it's a known value, I'll probably add a couple message delivery runs to the Wehnimer's Rat Hunter. I know it'll be a pain for the fortuneteller and runner, but I think it can be done.

Deathravin
10-04-2004, 09:43 PM
5 minutes on the dot from what I remember (300 seconds). Its from the time you get one, not the time you deliver it. you can GET a message every 5 minutes

Bobmuhthol
10-04-2004, 09:57 PM
No, it's definitely after you deliver it, because the clerk won't give you another one until you've delivered the first.

Deathravin
10-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
No, it's definitely after you deliver it, because the clerk won't give you another one until you've delivered the first.

Ok, you test it, and get back to me. Trust me. Its 300 seconds from the second you request the scroll. You can't get another one til you deliver that one, but the timer definatly starts when you request the scroll.

Nytalus
10-05-2004, 03:22 PM
So then:

If you get a message and wait 4:30 to deliver it and it takes you 0:30 to get back, you won't have to wait to get another message, right?

Just clarifying to make sure.

Deathravin
10-05-2004, 04:20 PM
From what I know, ya. If one could put a timer on hunting, hunt for 4-4:30, go back, get a message, go from the delivery, go hunt for 4-4:30... I'd say more about the 4:30, because I know from experience it only takes about 8-10 seconds to deliver a message via script with no lag. about 10 seconds to run from the message to hunting and 10 to run back.

Here's a script I wrote for the vaalor message running like 2 years ago. probably doesn't work anymore, but the premice is still good. (called vaalormess.cmd)

(among my scripts in script.zip)
http://members.cox.net/deathravin/Scripts.zip

Parkbandit
10-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Deathravin

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Ok, you test it, and get back to me. Trust me. Its 300 seconds from the second you request the scroll. You can't get another one til you deliver that one, but the timer definatly starts when you request the scroll.

Sorry Bob, Deathravin is correct. YOU are correct that the clerk will not give you another message while you still have one pending.. but I used to get a message, hunt, deliver the message and immediately go back to the clerk and retrieve my new message.