PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE Autumn.

Chelle
10-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I love the crispy cool air, the rainy days, and watching the leaves turn their many colors. I love to gather the pecans from my back yard and put them in muffins or yummy pecan pies.

Oh and then my favorite holiday is Halloween. I make a dinner to celebrate the Celtic New Year. A green salad, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Colcannon, Caramel Apple Wedges, Hot Bread, Pumpkin Pecan Pie, and Raspberry Tea. Then give candy to the lil goblins who come to my door, and watch spooky movies cuddled on the couch. I have to watch "Halloween" its somehow become tradition. hehe...

My lil angel is still too small to go trick-r-treat but I can still dress her up and she can help me give out candy. She's either going to be Pooh Bear, or a princess. I hope a kid comes to the door dressed up as SpongeBob. She LOVES SpongeBob.

Then the beginning of the holiday season. All the cooking and warmth with family and friends. This year for Thanksgiving is the mother-in-laws turn to cook. Yay.

Christmas has become especially special since I have a lil girl now. Watch her lil face glow and hear her squeal when she unwraps stuff. Last Christmas she wasn't quite understanding what was going on, but she had fun anyway. She had more fun tearing up the paper than playing with the toys. heh. She'll be 2 on Jan. 9th.

10-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Christmas rocks, until you get the credit card bill.

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
10-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Word of advice from one mom to another...

MAKE her first halloween costume yourself and save it. Trust me, it will be all the more special now and further down the road when you pull it out every few years to sigh and cry because she's growing up too fast.

My daughters first halloween was spent in the hospital, but I made her a little pumpkin costume, and her second halloween she was a fuzzy lamb (That I made) and I took her out to about 5 houses just to show her off, then we came back to pass out candy.

Chelle
10-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Oh good idea. Thanks I will certainly do that.

Betheny
10-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Fall is depressing.

HarmNone
10-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Heh. I agree, Beth. I've always hated to see the summer end. All the trees go brown and lose their leaves, and the world takes on a dull hue. We don't get enough snow here to make a "winter wonderland", so it ends up just being dreary. :(

HarmNone loves the spring and summer

Artha
10-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Fall is bad because it means winter is right around the corner. Winter means that when I go to the bus stop, I have to wear my bad ass balaclava. Which, while bad ass, is a pain.

Jenisi
10-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan of autumn, but I do adore halloween :)

Chelle
10-03-2004, 04:37 PM
The wierd thing is that I hate winter. It doesn't snow much. Though sometimes we have ice storms which is just a pain in the butt literally.

In the summer gets pretty humid and just unbearable here sometimes. The spring time means tornadoes here in Okla. and it makes me feel dreadful of the upcoming summer.

So the Fall rain and cool air is refreshing. And the trees here turn such beautiful shades of orange, red, and yellow.

Actually I want to move to a different state lol maybe itll make me like springs and summers better.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Chelle]

HarmNone
10-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Heh. My mom's from Oklahoma, Chelle, so I've been there several times for family gatherings. The weather can be horrible, I'll agree.

HarmNone

10-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Fall is the best season. The weather is perfect and the trees look pwnerific.

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
10-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Winter means that when I go to the bus stop, I have to wear my bad ass balaclava. Which, while bad ass, is a pain. Substitue "class" for "the bus stop", and I totally identify.

However, Fall is the best season. :yes:

Sylphsyte
10-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Fall is the best season. The weather is perfect and the trees look pwnerific.

- Arkans

couldn't say it better myself.. but we live in the best state for this season, specialy if you like apples.

Chadj
10-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Spring/Autumn > Summer/ Winter

Autumn is best, with spring close behind. I love them both.. not too hot, but not too cold. Most amazing great weather.

CrystalTears
10-11-2004, 01:03 PM
I love the fall! It's my favorite season. The leaves are turning and the trees are looking gorgeous. I'm going to have to start taking pictures.