PDA

View Full Version : Only Christians on the New Ark, Just Like the First One

ClydeR
08-18-2014, 09:49 PM
The State of Kentucky is giving $18 million in tax incentives to fund the Ark museum, which teaches children how Noah saved two of every animal, including dinosaurs, from extinction nearly 6,000 years ago. If you saw Noah, as you should have, with its portrayal of the Watchers and descendants of Cain, then you know the story.

The good news is that the museum is hiring, if any of you need a job. The bad news is that most of you won't qualify. They are hiring Christians, and only the good kinds of Christians.

The ad has specific religious requirements for employment. These include a salvation testimony, a "creation belief statement" and a requirement that applicants agree with the organization's "statement of faith." This required statement includes articles that imply that fundamentalist Christianity is the only acceptable religion and that denigrate non-Christians non-fundamentalist Christians, and homosexuals (regardless of their theological views).

More... (http://www.kentucky.com/2014/08/17/3383746/non-christians-need-not-apply.html)

An Op-Ed in the Lexington Herald-Leader (http://www.kentucky.com/2014/08/17/3383746/non-christians-need-not-apply.html) says that the Kentucky government should deny tax incentives to the museum because it has hiring standards. Don't people who work at newspapers actually read their own publications? The Supreme Court has clearly said you can't force religious corporations to do anything.

Jarvan
08-18-2014, 09:55 PM
You know.. I don't give two figs either way about this...

But I just imagined them hiring a Muslim to do the tours for this place.

Gelston
08-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I love opinion pieces that are stuck out as fact. I imagine this will hit Cracked's "5 Items that fooled your dumb facebook friends" article next week.

Keller
08-19-2014, 09:57 AM
:slowclap: for the thread title. Bravo.

ClydeR
01-01-2015, 07:59 PM
A battle over a Noah’s Ark-themed amusement park in Kentucky could end up in federal court.

A religious group called “Answers in Genesis” (AIG) is threatening to sue over the Kentucky Tourism Board’s refusal to allow tax incentives for the building of a theme park inspired by the biblical story of Noah’s Ark.

More... (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/20/religious-group-threatens-to-sue-over-tax-credit-denial-for-noahs-ark-themed/)

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear put out a statement explaining the decision. "We expect any entity that accepts state incentives not to discriminate on any basis in hiring,” he said. “While the leaders of Ark Encounter had previously agreed not to discriminate in hiring based on religion, they now refuse to make that commitment and it has become apparent that they do intend to use religious beliefs as a litmus test for hiring decisions. For that reason, we cannot proceed with the tourism incentive application for the Ark Encounter project.”

The government has no business telling a religious group who they must hire.

~Rocktar~
01-01-2015, 10:24 PM
If the entity accepts government money, then the government gets to tell them how they can spend it.

Hightower
01-02-2015, 12:08 AM
The government has no business telling a religious group who they must hire.

I can agree with that. But do you think the same group has any business receiving taxpayer funding?

~Taverkin

~Rocktar~
01-02-2015, 12:31 AM
I can agree with that. But do you think the same group has any business receiving taxpayer funding?

~Taverkin

Nope, not in the least.

Daragon
01-02-2015, 06:14 AM
I'm still wondering how christians were on the Ark if christianity didn't come around until Jesus...

Taernath
01-02-2015, 10:21 AM
ClydeR claims another victim.

Latrinsorm
01-02-2015, 03:45 PM

~TaverkinWhy shouldn't they? Scientism gets taxpayer funding to build science buildings, footie enthusiasts get taxpayer funding to build football buildings, religiositons get taxpayer funding to build religious buildings. Fair, no?

Daragon
01-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Why shouldn't they? Scientism gets taxpayer funding to build science buildings, footie enthusiasts get taxpayer funding to build football buildings, religiositons get taxpayer funding to build religious buildings. Fair, no?

Science should be something taxpayer funded since it actually advances humanity as a whole. But things like football and religion shouldn't be taxpayer funded since one is just entertainment and the other holds humanity back from scientific advancement.