PDA

View Full Version : GMRS Radios

Gelston
08-13-2014, 06:21 AM
Just got a couple of these and my FCC License... Anyone else operate this shizz?

Parkbandit
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Is that like a CB radio?

I'm sure I could look it up and find out, but I'm lazy as hell right now.

Taernath
08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Is that you, Pig Pen? This is Rubber Duck. I'm about to put the hammer down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2bPRGvKXE

Ker_Thwap
08-13-2014, 09:53 AM
http://www.popularwireless.com/blog1/2008/04/03/gmrs-vs-cb-whats-the-difference/

So, do you use it for some purpose, or just to connect to strangers with odd hobbies?

Parkbandit
08-13-2014, 11:07 AM
http://www.popularwireless.com/blog1/2008/04/03/gmrs-vs-cb-whats-the-difference/

So, do you use it for some purpose, or just to connect to strangers with odd hobbies?

Ah, thanks.

Yea, not sure why anyone would use GMRS. Maybe people without a cell phone or Internet?

AnticorRifling
08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Ah, thanks.

Yea, not sure why anyone would use GMRS. Maybe people without a cell phone or Internet?

Yea, not sure why anyone would make their own beer. Maybe people who don't know about stores?

Hobbies...how do they work?

AnticorRifling
08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Ah, thanks.

Yea, not sure why anyone would make their own beer. Maybe people who don't know about stores?

Candor
08-13-2014, 11:20 AM

I believe if you work for Sam Adams, you are required to brew beer at home, regardless of your position.

Someone correct me if this is wrong.

RSR
08-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Double posting...how does it work?

Whirlin
08-13-2014, 11:56 AM
I believe if you work for Sam Adams, you are required to brew beer at home, regardless of your position.

Someone correct me if this is wrong.

You are incorrect. They do, however, get two free cases of beer of month as a perk of working there. And they have beer available in their break rooms.

Parkbandit
08-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Are you building your own radio? Or are you on your radio, talking to just randoms?

Parkbandit
08-13-2014, 12:04 PM

Are you building your own radio? Or are you on your radio, talking to just randoms?

BOTH asked and answered.

Latrinsorm
08-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Double posting...how does it work?I believe it is due to the conversion rate from feet to meaters.

Gelston
08-13-2014, 03:30 PM
They have a bunch of open repeaters set up around here, so that was one reason I got it. The other is because I bought this damn radios that said FRS/GMRS and didn't realize until I already paid that you need a license to use the GMRS Freqs... Those I got for camping/canoe trips and such.

Also, the second reason was the main reason. The first is pretty cool. I read up a bunch on it all and it sounds like some badass snooping crap if I want to listen in on like walmart or other businesses illegally using GMRS on their business radios.

Parkbandit
08-13-2014, 04:57 PM
They have a bunch of open repeaters set up around here, so that was one reason I got it. The other is because I bought this damn radios that said FRS/GMRS and didn't realize until I already paid that you need a license to use the GMRS Freqs... Those I got for camping/canoe trips and such.

Also, the second reason was the main reason. The first is pretty cool. I read up a bunch on it all and it sounds like some badass snooping crap if I want to listen in on like walmart or other businesses illegally using GMRS on their business radios.

Ah, thanks. Didn't really understand the use of them... it's not really for function, but just for fun.

Gelston
08-13-2014, 05:56 PM
It is for function out camping/canoing... but I am going out and doing that for fun so... We have a large group on the river this year so I got them.