PDA

View Full Version : ATK

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 04:19 PM
There are quite a few people in the atk, some are nice, some aren't. basically how it is no matter where you are ... but i have had my issues with them, though i wish that never happened in the first place. but now i'm supposedly trying to be the downfall of the knights, well at least thats what i'm told. if you really think this, maybe you should back up and learn the facts. you heard what a few people said, people bad mouth alot of people, me and elrodin and izalude had problems and insulted one another... i thought that was over though? well i guess the reason i made this post to inform the nosey people, and the liars out there today i'm not trying to do anything wrong to the knights, nor do i care what any of you want to do. but i have a thing for defending my name, and i'd really appreciate you guys not saying i went insane on elrodin, izalude, or whatever before you know my side. i'm really getting sick and tired of having to explain myself so i'll do it here.

izalude was destroying the mandis crystal, (i didn't know that at the time)
and i asked why grays didn't get a bane weapon, i didn't care was just curious, trying to make conversation i guess, didn't know it would end up the way it did. i just asked him this as a friend though, and he was like ... you have got to be fucking kidding me.. and then got mad... ok now why on earth would he get mad for me asking something? why must people be like this?! and thats not even why i'm upset... next thing i know i'm in a AIM chat room with dragolyn, thaxius, vio, iza, elr, and some werilo or something guy. izalude told them his problems, personal problems, saying how everything made him explode, well everyone in the room except for thaxius, failed to see my side, i guess its a friend thing, since izalude was a friend they had to pamper him or something, i'm not sure? but i'd probably do the same thing, but i'd at least be open to hear the other persons side without judging them before they said a word. anyhow, i was basically backed into a corner, told how wrong i was for asking that question, and t hat izalude has feelings and is human and he has a right to get upset, well izalude's a leader, we are ALL human, but if your gonna roleplay a leader, don't take me into a chat room and give me a smack on the hand for asking something, it wasn't even that bad! vio and izalude and elro were really good people, they didn't seem like themselves that night, i'm still shocked about their behavior that night... we all got over it, then i read a post by sharkie something on these boards saying i went insane on izalude, how the hell did all this become open to public? this was something private, i quit the knights, argued with elrodin along the way, got called stubborn, and other names, i wasn't very nice either.. and blah blah blah blah blah.

(sorry this is so long, and not properly typed but i'm in no mood for that right now)

well izalude saw that i called him a baby, but we got over it, all of a sudden he blocked me, and told graysalin and a friend of mine that i called him a baby and all, told me to remove his pictures from my website, and to remove his wedding from it as well... the hell? where did this come from? just when you thought it was all over! BAM! and then i heard from some people i'm trying to destroy the knights? if your don't like me that's fine, whatever, but don't say i'm doing something i'm not, i'm sick of the lies. i dislike a few people in the knights, and have issues, just because we have a problem with eachother doesn't mean you should be so quick to judge me... cut me some slack and hear my side, izalude can explode, well guess what, i'm human too, and so can i.

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 04:25 PM
The knights are a joke.

I have no problem with Iza or the late Elrodin. As a matter of fact, I still consider them friends.

However, there are certain members of that PRO that give it a terrible name. I won't mention names.

Looooong post there, hunny. :P

-Although you have some decent members, knights, feel free to think that I don't like you, because I don't...and you can tell all of Elanthia so. :D

-grays

GS4Gurl
09-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Well, from your side of the story sounds like Izalude has some RL problems and is taking it out on you. I fail to see how a simple question can cause someone to go so batty. Maybe the timing was wrong to ask a question? Who knows.

I find it humorous that a knight gets all bent out of shape because a girl called him a baby. I'm still laughing my ass off about that.

Gwenivere: Lancelot you are such a baby!

Big tough Sir Lancelot: What?! How dare YOU call me a baby! You f*ing beyotch! Go away forever you evil woman! (Waaah! waaah :sob: waaah! :whimper:)

Okay I guess you get my point. Any guy who gets mad cus someone calls him a itty bitty name is a freakin pussy.

That is all.

:rolleyes:

Betheny
09-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Izalude is an awesome guy.

The Ardenai Temple Knights have been, IMHO, a respectable orgainzation.

Coming from one of their 'sworn enemies' from the Battle of Ta'Illistim... that's saying something.

Perhaps Izalude is a bit like me, and doesn't take the shit people dish out to him. I can respect that.

Artha
09-02-2003, 06:17 PM
He was destroying the Mandis Crystal...and you ask 'Why didn't grays get a sword', and you wonder why he was angry?

Betheny
09-02-2003, 06:19 PM
It kinda sounds like the people that were like, "WHY DIDN'T I GET THE GRIFFIN SWORD SHARD". I doubt it was anything personal, it probably had something to do with being in the right place at the right time. It usually does.

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 06:22 PM
i didn't know he was destroying anything, i instant messaged him. i asked a question. and that was that. didn't need to turn into a huge thing
--------------------
and if it was just between me an izalude, everyone wouldn't be spreading rumors, and having logs from our chat room conversation or personal IMs would they? so actually it has to do with everyone anyhow to i made a thread about it, so people can get the truth. and yes you sent me your picture and your char picture and said i can put them on my website, dont' even say that you didn't or how else would i have gotten your picture? i just want everything having to do with me and izalude to STOP, its so annoying and it just keeps going... and why do i post you may ask if i want it to stop, because i'm not one to sit back and get fucked.

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Betheny
09-02-2003, 06:24 PM
I've been in a situation somewhat similar to Izaludes, and maybe he did overreact. But the thing is, Izalude is a hard worker, and a good roleplayer. I'm sure he had a lot of time invested in getting to where he was (as regarding the quest.) And a lot of people (not you, necessarily) get snippy and jealous and make stupid comments. Perhaps he perceived it as being one of those comments, and that may be why he got angry. When you're in a position where a lot of people are jealous/angry, you tend to go on the defensive -- and stay there for a while.

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 06:26 PM
This again? Wasn't this mentioned and resolved in another thread? :?:

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
me and izalude were very good friends though! he knows i wasn't jealous, he gave me a lt. position, he WAS a great guy! but he's been such a jerk lately, and he did block me, i had to talk through a friend to talk to him because he would not unblock me!

Skirmisher
09-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Ah, who cares?

Why do you care if someone treats you poorly(assuming such is the case) and then wishes to eliminate future contact?

Bid him adios and be happy he is out of your life.

Let go of the drama. Who needs it?

Find a more productive use for your energies than wasting it on someone who does not wish to share time with you.

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 06:28 PM
How does this have to do with everyone though if it's between you and him? :?:

Taernath
09-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
This again? Wasn't this mentioned and resolved in another thread? :?:

No, that was between two other people... A snert had ingratiated himself to the Temple Knights and got Dragolyn to stand up for him.

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 06:34 PM
it was between me and izalude originally. then he told it to alot of people. then they brought me into a chat room... and then i guess people from there told their friends...ect ect now its with alot of people

Trinitis
09-02-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
it was between me and izalude originally. then he told it to alot of people. then they brought me into a chat room... and then i guess people from there told their friends...ect ect now its with alot of people

Whine whine bitch moan complain..

Cry me a frickin river..

Whine whine bitch whine complain whine moan.

Ugh, its worse then Gracy on a bad day in TC.

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-02-2003, 06:40 PM
So you made an offhand remark that was taken in the wrong way. You could do one of two things, say hey I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry you took it like that, or you could just say fuck it, who cares anyway.

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 06:44 PM
This was all brought up in the The official list - top 10 snerts all time thread and I'm not about to go through 12 pages of that mess to find that particular post since the search doesn't work on closed threads.

And when I asked how this involved everyone, I meant us.. how did this have anything to do with us. :P

Betheny
09-02-2003, 06:48 PM
cuz we like drama Crystaltears!

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah cause Player's Corner doesn't have enough of that without someone complaining because she got blocked by someone. :rolleyes:

Adhara
09-02-2003, 07:32 PM
People are so quick to flame any PRO leader based on the actions of some members... It is very hard to lead a group with members of ages ranging from mid-teen to nearly retired 50's. Izalude's howls of frustration sometimes scare me and I try to soothe him but you people cannot imagine all the childishness he must deal with on a daily basis. Anyway, he does have a rather short fuse, I tell him so all the time, and he does let out some harsh words before thinking them through. He knows all that. However, Atheana, all he wanted now is for you to remove his picture and wedding log from your website. Why did that instigate all this drama? What was so hard in saying "ok no problem" and closing the IM window?

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 07:36 PM
She doesn't seem to want to accept the possibility that someone doesn't like her.

Scott
09-02-2003, 07:37 PM
If you want to run a PRO, then you deal with the problems your PRO causes. If he can't handle the stress, then he needs to disband it......

GS4Gurl
09-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
People are so quick to flame any PRO leader based on the actions of some members... It is very hard to lead a group with members of ages ranging from mid-teen to nearly retired 50's. Izalude's howls of frustration sometimes scare me and I try to soothe him but you people cannot imagine all the childishness he must deal with on a daily basis. Anyway, he does have a rather short fuse, I tell him so all the time, and he does let out some harsh words before thinking them through. He knows all that. However, Atheana, all he wanted now is for you to remove his picture and wedding log from your website. Why did that instigate all this drama? What was so hard in saying "ok no problem" and closing the IM window?

From what I read she didn't mind so much the removing of the pics. It seems the problem was he GAVE her the pics and told her it was okay to put them on her site. Then all of a sudden because he's mad at her now he's telling her to remove them. That's fine too, but see in the post placed by CT he says she didn't have permission to put them there. Sooo either he is flat out lying OR Atheana misunderstood.

As stated by friends of Iza and in his own words he admits he has outbursts and "he lets out harsh words" without thinking them through. Okay well then it seems obvious Atheana didn't mean her question as he took it. Surely if he were a true friend he would realize this and simply apologize? Unless there is more to the story?

Furthermore, why would the ATK want such self admitted hot head as their leader? Wouldn't they want someone who can keep their cool, who will think rationally before acting? To me a Knight is wise, brave, and tough. Not some weakly whimpering guy who gets emotional at a drop of a hat. Knights should be oaken and solid. :) Knights don't go bananas when someone calls them a baby. Knights shouldn't even act babyish in the first place.

Skirmisher
09-02-2003, 07:59 PM
She doesn't seem to want to accept the possibility that someone doesn't like her.

Wasn't that George from Seinfeld?

"Get back here and like me!"

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 08:03 PM
i don't care if he likes me or not, but when theres non-stop BS going on an on an on an on an on... one can only take so much! and LordAdredrin .. go fuck yourself, no one cares what the hell you have to say.. obviously. :moon:
-------
me and izalude solved our problems anyways, its not just him... its alot of other people who are in the knights... why did i post it here? because alot of the knights read this, its much easier to make a post for alot of people to read then IMing them all...

[Edited on 9-3-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 08:08 PM
The issue wasn't the fact that Atheana and Iza were arguing and weren't friends anymore, the issue was that people were slandering Atheana IG, saying that she was blah blah trying to do whatever to the knights.

I know for a fact, that after Atheana quit, she didn't have anything to do with that PRO or any of it's members, except several who were her friends already.

Just the fact that this is still an issue anywhere is proof that someone(other than Atheana, whom doesn't care about ATK) still has a problem.

I was laughing earlier, at the way some people make her out IG. It's so totally ass backwards of how she really is.

Watch out, everyone!
The evil Atheana is trying to destroy the Temple Knights!:lol:

-grays

[Edited on 9-3-2003 by Halfsilver]

Adhara
09-02-2003, 08:17 PM
I don't know how she got his picture. The most logical answer is that he gave it to her. As Judge Judy says, what makes the most sense is usually the truth. Showing someone your real life picture does not however give them permission to post it on their website.

Regarding the stress his PRO causes him, only he can say if he can handle it or not. Personally I think it's the selection/admission process that needs to be tightened. Some weaker links slipped through. But that's my own opinion only. I have no idea how he feels on the matter.

PRO leaders make easy targets for slander. It's true for Izalude but also for other PRO officers and leaders as we have recently seen with a thread on a fury officer. There's always two sides to a story.

GS4Gurl
09-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Yep.

My favorite saying: "There's two sides to every story, and then there is the truth."

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 08:27 PM
I don't know how she got his picture.

He SENT it to her. I'd say that's permission to do whatever she likes with it, if it's on her computer.

Personally I think it's the selection/admission process that needs to be tightened.

This really frustrates me, because I mentioned this countless times to Elrodin and other ATK leaders during my time as captain. Too bad they didn't try to change it. Maybe they could of saved their name.

-grays

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
He SENT it to her. I'd say that's permission to do whatever she likes with it, if it's on her computer.

Oh really.

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 08:31 PM
I'd say so?

If he didn't want it posted, I guess he shouldn't of sent it.

He knew what she did with pics before he sent it. She informed him.

-grays

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 08:37 PM
I don't know how she got his picture. The most logical answer is that he gave it to her. As Judge Judy says, what makes the most sense is usually the truth. Showing someone your real life picture does not however give them permission to post it on their website.

---------------

There's always two sides to a story.

first thing is... we discussed the picture thing, and he told me that he *thought* he said no when i asked him can i put it on my website, we must have misunderstood eachother.

second, yep! there is two sides to every story, and this happens to be mine, for once. everyone else in the game already heard his... from him or passed down from friend to friend to friend

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 08:38 PM
So according to you if I take all of her pictures from her computer and put them in mine and then make a website being slanderous against her, it's okay because the pictures are on my computer. She posted them for me to see and get. That's okay right?

I don't think it is. If he sent her the pictures and then asked her to take them off, what's the problem here? Why is this such a huge problem? Why can't she just take them off regardless of the reason? I really don't understand this drama.

[Edited on 9/3/2003 by CrystalTears]

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 08:41 PM
oh my gosh, reread my very first post crystaltears. it has nothing to do with pictures, please just reread it then come back and make comments

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Besides, she wasn't slandering Izalude.

She put his picture with all of her other friend's from Gems. She put alot of work into that site. I'd consider it an honor to be on it, not slander.

I'm not on it, for some reason. :no:

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm not saying she did. I just didn't like your comment that just because she has a picture on her computer that she can do whatever she wants with it.

Hips
09-02-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm not on it, for some reason.

You're in the part with her pictures, silly.
I"ve seen a bunch of you on there, she changes them every once in a while. :spin:

Skirmisher
09-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Besides, she wasn't slandering Izalude.

She put his picture with all of her other friend's from Gems. She put alot of work into that site. I'd consider it an honor to be on it, not slander.

I'm not on it, for some reason. :no:

No explaining.

Crystaltears has a vendetta.

WHAT?

Can you not comprehend it?

Would you like me to explain further?

You surely don't mind attempting to slop on the sarcasm and try to knock the intelligence of others when you wish there, but the irony is that you did not seem to understand what Crystal was saying in her post.

Her thrust was your error in logic in assuming that simply because you had Izaludes photo that that gave you the right to use it as you please.

To make an example of that she said how she could using your logic take all the photos off Atheana's site and then make her own mean spirited website.

You mistook that to mean that she was calling Atheanas site slanderous in nature.

Before you leap to conclusions and become all nasty, do try to be sure what you are getting all agitated about in the first place?

Thanks so much.

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 10:00 PM
:lol:

I'm not agitated.

To tell the truth, I was all paranoid that I had misused 'vendetta' somehow and Weedmage had caught it. Heh.

A joking tone isn't the easiest to convey on a message board, eh?

I've been posting tonight in a semi-serious manner.

thanks so much :P

-grays

Betheny
09-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Oh who gives a shit anyway.

Izalude isn't a jackass or deserving of any of the accusations brought to his table.

He can't control every Knight, nor should he have to.

It's his damn picture, and if he says it's not OK to post it, then it's not OK...

I really don't see what the issue is here, anyway.

Betheny
09-02-2003, 10:16 PM
I swear, if every time someone got mad at me because of something I did or didn't do, or posted some big-ass post about how I said something stupid, we wouldn't have any room left on the Player's Corner.

I feel bad for Izalude, I feel bad for Izalude's player, and I feel bad for Atheana's player, because this whole thing is a stupid misconception, a misunderstanding, but in seeking understanding, Atheana brought it in front of the hundreds of readers on the Player's Corner.

I hope none of you make a judgement about someone simply based on what one person says on the boards.

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Finish the quote.

"...except several of whom that were her friends prior to joining the knights"

I figured that it would still be ok for her to associate with those people. jeez. :thumbsdown:

How else am I suppose to convey that?
Give me an example that would sound "right".

-grays

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 10:24 PM
as i said before. izalude gave me permission to put his drawing on my website. he sent it to me, also in the e mail was a picture of him in real life, i guess that was the misunderstanding? i'm not sure.
------
the reason i made a huge post here was ... as i said 100 times ... was because i alot of knights read this, and its much easier to post here then to IM each and every one of them..

ElvenRangeress
09-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Lady Daina
I guess you don't see why it struck me as funny... you say two completely opposite things... 'none except several'. Honestly I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, just found it cute.
several people from that group, are my friends. just because they are my friends doesn't mean we talk about the knights.

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
I guess you don't see why it struck me as funny... you say two completely opposite things... 'none except several'. Honestly I wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, just found it cute.

i understood! :P

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Daina, seriously ... I understand what you were saying! I'm not agitated or anything.

I was just posting because you quoted me and I had to explain the quote! :)

-grays

Halfsilver
09-02-2003, 10:56 PM
I've talked with Izalude and Atheana.
We consider this matter concluded.
If you all choose to post further, that is up to you.

This is the last you'll hear from us on this topic.

-grays

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Oh okay. You guys bring this out in the open and post it on the boards and because you resolved it on your end the subject is closed. Ri-ight. Maybe this should have been resolved off the boards and never brought here to discuss in the first place, hmm?

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:02 PM
DING DING DING

Do I hear... Oh my god. Is that REASON?! No way.

Weedmage Princess
09-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Elven Rangeress + Halfsilver = ridiculous

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:04 PM
but it's resolved now so all of us should STFU

Weedmage Princess
09-02-2003, 11:07 PM
That is right, Maimara.

It has been spoken, so it shall be done.

Izalude
09-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Yes. The issue has been resolved.

GS4Gurl
09-02-2003, 11:16 PM
No! Not so fast there bud bud! :lol: How was it resolved? Did Izalude say sorry, for misunderstanding, like a good little knightie? Did Atheana say sorry for calling the big bad knightie a baby? Cmon now. Details! You started this. Finish it good n propa!

Izalude
09-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Sintik, I'd like to talk to you when you get a moment. Please contact me on AIM as Kryjeck12 when you get a free moment. Thank you.

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:19 PM
I imagine a group hug and some tears.

Izalude
09-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl
No! Not so fast there bud bud! :lol: How was it resolved?

I'm sorry, but I do not want to rekindle a dead issue. It was a misunderstanding to begin with, and should have never made it to these boards.

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Say, THANKS ATHEANA FOR MAKING IT EVERYONE'S BUSINESS!

GS4Gurl
09-02-2003, 11:26 PM
roflmao :D

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 11:26 PM
That's okay, those three can leave. We'll keep on commenting on them. Atheana promised to ignore me anyway. :D

Weedmage Princess
09-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Seriously. I mean really, WTF?! She posts it here (you see she has this thing for posting issues that probably should be kept off the boards...on the boards) then she she or her lovely and charming boyfriend decide they don't want to talk about it anymore, they want to pull the plug on the discussion. Screw them.

Atheana ran her mouth to Izalude, and he got pissed. She got her panties in a knot cause he got mad at her.

Discuss.

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:32 PM
OMG CRYSTALTEARS. You are full of vendetta.

It permeates your being.

Nah, not really, but it's fun to say.

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Buh, and all this time I thought vendetta was a brand of really cool shoes. Teehee. I dun know no words. :wow:

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:36 PM
I know a word... it's called 'hypocrite'... I think someone that starts a bitch-fest for the sole purpose of bringing a conflict into the open, and then says IT'S OVER STOP TALKING ABOUT IT might be one of them.

But I don't have a college degree or anything.

CrystalTears
09-02-2003, 11:40 PM
<hands Maimara a vendetta> Here, they're fun and kinda purdy. :D

Weedmage Princess
Maimara has a vendetta too!!!

~Weedie, who thought Vendetta was a new series in the Ferrari line of automobiles. THX FOR CLEARING THAT UP FOR ME HALFSILVER! :cool:

[Edited on 9-3-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

Halfsilver
I know I said I wouldn't post here anymore, but this is just bothering me.

Let me say this to you all again.

<<We consider this matter concluded.>>

WE, meaning Izalude, Atheana, and I, consider this matter concluded....

<<If you all choose to post further, that is up to you.>>

IF you all want to keep discussing, feel free.

Have fun! Flame me! I care! :rolleyes:

PLEASE contact me U2U or my aim which is available underneath this post if you need further clarification.

-grays

Betheny
09-02-2003, 11:41 PM
<hands Maimara a vendetta> Here, they're fun and kinda purdy. :D

That's hot!

HarmNone
09-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
I imagine a group hug and some tears.

Pepto Bismol, please. Neat. :barf:

HarmNone

HarmNone
09-03-2003, 12:25 AM
(feels kind of left out cos she doesn't have a nice shiny pair of vendettas) gonna go pout in the corner ;)

Is not the plural of vendetta vendetti?:D

HarmNone looking for trouble

Betheny
09-03-2003, 02:28 AM
So is the plural of 'virus' 'virii' or 'viruses'?

Weedmage Princess
09-03-2003, 02:31 AM
No, Vendetti would be the upgrade to Vendetta. The more expensive ones.

HarmNone
09-03-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Maimara
So is the plural of 'virus' 'virii' or 'viruses'?

Tis viruses, the walrus said.

HarmNone, who knows the walrus

Betheny
09-03-2003, 02:48 AM
I thought it was virii.

I"m so wrong.

I must hang my head in shame now.

Adhara
09-03-2003, 12:52 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/v/virus.html

zarvon
09-04-2003, 07:00 PM
I just got to say that Izalude is a good man and anyone would be happy to have a friend like him.

GS4Gurl
09-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by zarvon
I just got to say that Izalude is a good man and anyone would be happy to have a friend like him.

However, whatever you do don't you dare call him a baby or ask him any suspicious questions that might step on his wittle brave godly big tuff guy knight toes.

Betheny
09-04-2003, 07:40 PM
A post like that just proves to me that Izalude is better than you.

GS4Gurl
09-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Probably yeah.

Sorry but I was being sarcastic to make a point. It just really, really cracks me up that a "Knight"... or rather the Leader of the Knights behaved so childishly over something so trivial. He admitted that he over reacts to silly things. Well I would think a leader would have a better level head and self control. I guess that is just me though. Oh well!

Betheny
09-04-2003, 07:52 PM
I do the same thing. When you're under a lot of roleplaying pressure you tend to take your character so utterly serious that it becomes not-fun. It's unavoidable. It took a friend of mine explaining to me what the deal was for me to realize what was going on with me. And Maimara is a 'leader' of her faith... happens to everyone, now and again, I'm sure it happens to GMs too.

Red Devil
09-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah cause Player's Corner doesn't have enough of that without someone complaining because she got blocked by someone. :rolleyes:

know what would be awesome? if mods were neutral and all they did was edit/delete bad posts!

Betheny
09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
I know of a bunch of posts in 'who is the biggest idiot in elanthia' that should go. But they can stay, it's a testament to the idiocy of those that created them.

Red Devil
09-04-2003, 08:02 PM
it ok i pwnt him

Kriegsher (4:55:41 PM): HAHA NOOB
Kriegsher (4:55:42 PM): BABY

Auto response from Kryjeck12 (4:55:42 PM): Yeah looks like I stepped away or fell asleep or something...

Kriegsher (4:55:42 PM): CRYBABY
Kriegsher (4:55:57 PM): OR YOU CRASHED YOUR HORSE AND LOST MEMORY
Kriegsher (4:55:58 PM): ROFL
Kriegsher (4:58:41 PM): spit it out already, god damn.
Kryjeck12 (4:58:49 PM): If you have nothing else better to do than look up someone's screen name off the boards and send stupid messages like this...
Kryjeck12 (4:58:58 PM): Then you've got some serious issues
Kriegsher (4:58:59 PM): then i will have to block j00
Kriegsher (4:59:00 PM): blah blah
Kriegsher (4:59:04 PM): ROFL I've got issues?
Previous message was not received by Kryjeck12 because of error (4:59:04 PM): User Kryjeck12 is not available.

Kryjeck, Your a bad man, you know what we do to bad men? We punish them. Kryjeck, you've just entered the Xander zone....

Izalude
09-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Dude, you need a hobby.

GS4Gurl
09-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Red Devil

know what would be awesome? if mods were neutral and all they did was edit/delete bad posts!

Agreed.

Like we fucking care about their opinions too anyway!?

:P

CrystalTears
09-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Agreed.

Like we fucking care about their opinions too anyway!?

:P

You're going to get it anyway. :P

Skirmisher
09-04-2003, 11:28 PM
The wench has spoken.

:yes:

Edaarin
09-05-2003, 12:38 AM
What would be really awesome would be not having board trolls whose sole purpose here is to look for ways to piss people off.

CrystalTears
09-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Actually you should be thankful I'm a mod, because I have to be on my better graces. Let me loose and then you REALLY won't like what I have to say. :D

HarmNone
09-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Actually you should be thankful I'm a mod, because I have to be on my better graces. Let me loose and then you REALLY won't like what I have to say. :D

Heh. That goes for several of us, I am sure, CrystalTears. :D

HarmNone

Skirmisher
09-05-2003, 12:48 AM

Imagines the full force and fury of an unrestrained Crystal and shivers.:wow:

Betheny
09-05-2003, 12:55 AM
Can I be a board troll? :(

Izalude
09-05-2003, 01:51 AM
Probably yeah.

Sorry but I was being sarcastic to make a point. It just really, really cracks me up that a "Knight"... or rather the Leader of the Knights behaved so childishly over something so trivial. He admitted that he over reacts to silly things. Well I would think a leader would have a better level head and self control. I guess that is just me though. Oh well!

Alright, there's a few points I need to make here, so I can try to give everyone else a differant perspective. While your reasoning is most certainly logical, it's probably also based on assumptions. Being a leader of a group bears with it alot of responsibility, obviously as you know. There's things though that a PRO leader can and can not do.

First of all, the PRO is your dream. Your creation. This group has been my project since October/November of 2000. My in-game life has remained the same for the most part, however outside my life has changed drasticly. A normal GS player can take as much time as he/she needs off from the game. Be it boredom or stuff going on outside of the game, the group still needs someone there to hold things together and run it. One can say that you can take a break and leave someone else in charge... Well... I've tried that, and both times I had to scramble to save the group from collapsing.

The next thing is that you get all walks of life that show up to join the group. As a leader, I try to give everyone a fair chance of joining. If I know a person is joining just to cause trouble, I'll refuse until they've convinced me that they've straighten up their act. Why this may seem like a bad idea to everyone, there's also the fact that if it's too difficult to join, nobody will want to be a part of it. Another thing to consider as a group leader...

Next, since you've got all differant types of people, you get differant maturity levels and mentalities. I had a kid that was 12 years old when he joined, and I've had some people who were retired. Given a situation, the 12 year old will react much differantly than the 70 year old.

In a group with such a large scale, there's only so much you can plan for. I am for the most part an easy-going person. It takes ALOT to set me off. But everybody has a point where they need to step back, take a breather, and maybe even stop playing for a few months. As a PRO leader, you can't exactly do that and expect everything to be right where you left it. Look at House Chesylcha. Their house revolves around Silvean, who pops in and out of game erraticly. He'll be here for months at a time, then just vanish without a word. I have much respect for the Player of Silvean, and I have respect for what his group stands for... however, his leadership (or lack thereof) is making his group collapse.

Since I started the group, I've graduated from NYU with a Master's Degree. I dropped out of medical school. I've worked three differant jobs, moved three times, and had some life-changing experiences. All the while, leading ATK in one form or another.

I get interesting IM's every day. A good portion of them come from youngling ATK members saying stuff like, "INVASION!!!" or "How come soandso was awarded a citation pin and I wasn't?" or "Soandso killed me, will you help me kill him back? Because now he's got his big brother after me." I deal with childish behavior like this every day. It's something I've kind of grown to accept. However, if someone catches you at the absolute worst time, then unfortunatly you may lose it on them. Afterall... Outside of GS, we're all human.

I hope I was able to show my side, and if anyone wants to discuss this with me, feel free to contact me by U2U.

Kevin
Player of Izalude

Skirmisher
09-05-2003, 02:01 AM
Sounds like a relatively reasonable explanation to me.

HarmNone
09-05-2003, 02:04 AM
Yes, Skirmisher, it does. It is a shame that Izalude had to go to the trouble to explain himself. One would think that the difficulty of running such an organization would go without saying, but some seem to have a few, minor comprehension problems.

HarmNone

Scott
09-05-2003, 02:08 AM
We all know my stance on ATK from my post about being threatened with them. I will never like Izalude's organization, but I do respect him. He did seek me out in game and explained what had happened and apologized, and he explained again in an IM. He has my respect which is really tough to gain when he's a leader an organization I don't like.

Tsa`ah
09-05-2003, 02:36 AM
PROs come and go, I'm indifferent about them as very few have perked my interest.

Any PRO is going to have negative feedback. When you have a diverse and large membership, that becomes the nature of the beast.

I decided to peak into this thread after seeing it had grown past 2 pages. I assumed I would read a somewhat valid complaint about the Templars. What I got was a thin-skinned twit bitching about having her feelings hurt by Iza.

I made the comment earlier in an IM, I'll repeat it ... Either Atheana is nearing a very emotional time of the month, or she takes every critical statement as offensive.

Learn to take criticism, learn that not everything revolves around you, learn that there is a time and place for everything, and especially learn that after receiving so much flak about Atheana, maybe it's not the world that has a problem ... It's you that has a problem.

Re-name this thread to Iza was sooo mean to me today, and now I'm going to piss and moan about it. I'll be able to easily retard my curiosity then.

Betheny
09-05-2003, 02:45 AM
We could just title it Hot Girl On Girl Action.

Tsa`ah
09-05-2003, 03:06 AM
That's just false advertising. The intent was to properly title threads so we can ignore it.

Girl on girl just begs me to read it. That's just not right.

Kurili
09-05-2003, 06:42 AM
I wanna be a Pagan Nun too.

Can I be an acolyte, Harmnone?

HarmNone
09-05-2003, 07:22 AM
Why, of course, Kurili! Looka there! My first convert! :D

HarmNone

Kurili
09-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Ohhh, I am an Acolyte now!

I am very pleased.

Keep reminding me how to be serene. Might have a problem with that for awhile.

Acolyte Kurili

HarmNone
09-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Umm, I have been known to have problems with that myself, Kurili. :D

HarmNone, mostly serene

Halfsilver
09-05-2003, 08:12 AM
nevermind. Was going to say something, but thought the better of it.

Just leave my wife alone, plz.

thx.

-grays:P

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Halfsilver]

Edaarin
09-05-2003, 08:18 AM
...she started this thread.

ElvenRangeress
09-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Tsa`ah, perhaps you can take a moment to think about what you posted. What gives you the right to call me names, such as a twit? I don't know you, nor do I care to. But before you insult me, at least get to know me. This thread wasn't made about me and Izalude, it was made so that other members of the knights who are spreading rumors and assuming what happened that night will know the truth, even Izalude is telling me that rumors are going on. Me and him are friends, its not like I'm saying anything bad about him. Just what happened, and instead of IMing all the knights, I thought this would have been the best way to allow others from the atk to know what went on because rumors are just not good.

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Tsa`ah, perhaps you can take a moment to think about what you posted. What gives you the right to call me names, such as a twit? I don't know you, nor do I care to. But before you insult me, at least get to know me. This thread wasn't made about me and Izalude, it was made so that other members of the knights who are spreading rumors and assuming what happened that night will know the truth, even Izalude is telling me that rumors are going on. Me and him are friends, its not like I'm saying anything bad about him. Just what happened, and instead of IMing all the knights, I thought this would have been the best way to allow others from the atk to know what went on because rumors are just not good.

All right, rename the thread to "The ATK were soo mean to me today, and now I'm going to piss and moan about it."

Ath, nearly every post I've read from you lacks any coherence. I've noticed that your actions, and inability to think those through, tend to piss people off. One would think with such things happening with such frequency, you would have begun to question your actions and begin to think first. Perhaps even reflect upon them after they occur. Unfortunately you come here or run to other people when they happen and begin this pity power trip.

You are the catalyst in most of these events. You are just too dim-witted to realize it. Thus my "twit" comment.

Keep it in game because you are not likely to get any sympathy or understanding here.

ElvenRangeress
09-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Where the fuck did I ask for sympathy you moron? I'm sick of rumors, and so is Izalude, I made this thread so people would understand. So learn about what your talking about before calling me dim-witted, twit whatever. Ok? Thanks.

DCSL
09-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Where the fuck did I ask for sympathy you moron? I'm sick of rumors, and so is Izalude, I made this thread so people would understand. So learn about what your talking about before calling me dim-witted, twit whatever. Ok? Thanks.

Calm. Deeeeeeeep breaths. Walk away.

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Heh Dex, some just don't learn hun.

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 02:33 PM

I have not spread rumors. I merely pointed out your posting habits. My comment seems to have struck a nerve in you.

You claim to have started this thread with the intent to bring understanding, yet I've not heard of any misunderstanding before the thread. I am not aware of any confusion. Thus, you seem to be posting in an attempt to discredit a PRO and garner sympathy from the posted events. That is not happening.

My brain spasms in every attempt to derive any intent other than sympathy from your posts.

You started some crap, got it all over yourself and now want sympathy because of it.

If I am a moron in your eyes because I can't translate dim-witted twitese, well then guilty as charged.

ElvenRangeress
09-06-2003, 03:23 PM
yeah strayrogue you are right, some don't learn, Tsa`ah
for example. I do not want, nor ask for sympathy, izalude also wanted everyone to understand, i did it for both of us, does that mean he wants sympathy as well?

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 03:25 PM
I think you should walk away Athena. Just some advice.

HarmNone
09-06-2003, 03:33 PM

::HarmNone wades in...again::

Hmmm. Perhaps, if we take the (thankfully short) post above, we can shine a light on what creates problems for some people.

1) change first sentence to "Where did I ask for sympathy?"
2) change second sentence to "I am sick of rumours." (do not speak for others)

HarmNone is trying to help again... shoot me, someone. Please.

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 03:46 PM

Now why would we want to do that? I'm still looking forward to more theological discussions!

HarmNone
09-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Now why would we want to do that? I'm still looking forward to more theological discussions!

Me, too! I learned a lot!

HarmNone is getting edumacated

GS4Gurl
09-06-2003, 06:56 PM
:exhales deeply:

Okay, yes I do think I understand.

1. She titled it ATK to get every member's attention. Especially the ones spreading rumors. Not necessarily to slander the ATK. And she doesn't want to IM EVERY member to explain herself.

2. She wanted to finally put to rest the knights have been spreading about her. (Whatever tha hell that might be.) In game I haven't heard any speak anything of it, but oh well. :)

3. Atheana worries too much about what people think or say about her. She shouldn't though. It's just a game no one knows the real ppl behind the characters and not many care to anyway. So just relax a little.

4. Quite simply it was a silly misunderstanding that should have been kept between Izalude and Atheana, but I do see why she wanted to publicly clear any misinformation up, eventhough it may not have been necessary.

5. And yes being a leader has many responsiblities. Yes leaders oftentimes find they have to explain situations especially if they let something get out of hand. It is part of being a leader and making clear your intentions and setting an example. It comes with the territory. Like it or not.

Anebriated
09-06-2003, 11:24 PM

Desperation is wonderful, isn't it?

Betheny
09-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Let it die... let it die... please...

Tendarian
09-06-2003, 11:40 PM

You fire a haphip-wood light crossbow bolt at a Harmnone!
AS: +496 vs DS: +0 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +41 = +562
... and hit for 212 points of damage!
Perfect strike to abdomen. Harmnone howls in pain and drops quite dead!
Harmnone collapses to the ground, emits a final bleat, and dies.
The guiding force leaves you.
The light crossbow bolt sticks in Harmnone's abdomen!
Roundtime: 4 sec.

Yeah im bored. Cant....let....it...die.

Tendarian
09-06-2003, 11:43 PM
And yes Harmnone's CAN bleat when they are in that much pain.

HarmNone
09-07-2003, 12:04 AM
::HarmNone's ghostly voice shatters the silence::

Gods! Thank you!

HarmNone from beyond the veil

Halfsilver
09-07-2003, 12:18 AM
omg...if this thread makes it to the top again....

I'ma revive the Graysalin thread!

Let it go....release it from it's mortal bonds...and let it fall peacefully to the bottom of the page... :(

-grays/darren

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by Halfsilver]

Tsa`ah
09-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Why?