PDA

View Full Version : Smartest Dog In the World

Methais
07-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Worthy of his own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVB0hLsZEj4

waywardgs
07-19-2014, 07:18 PM
As a dog owner myself, I'm going to go on record and say that's not a dog.

Pretty sneaky, MIT robotics department, pretty sneaky.

Tisket
07-19-2014, 09:46 PM
My dogs would have skipped the tricks and been off somewhere chewing that toy up in the first five seconds.

That makes them smarter than the dog in the video.

YES IT DOES.

Gelston
07-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Tons of training. I had my doberman trained to where I could put a dog bone on her nose, she'd balance it, and then eat it when I snapped my fingers.

There are herding dogs that work only off of whistle noises. They hear one noise, they heard towards one direction, another, towards a different direction.

Dogs are extremely smart, more than they are given credit for a lot of the time.

JackWhisper
07-20-2014, 01:41 AM
My dog is so smart, when his chest itches, he goes into the front yard and turtle-walks on his belly to relieve the itch.

MENSA dog!

Gelston
07-20-2014, 01:51 AM
My current two dogs, I'm just happy they know to go outside to take a shit. They do it along the fence line too, so I don't have to worry about shit on my shoes when walking through the yard.

waywardgs
07-20-2014, 02:36 AM
My dog is actually pretty smart and fairly well-trained, but she's not a big fan of strangers and she goes bananas at other dogs. It's kind of an issue.

Gelston
07-20-2014, 02:38 AM
My dog capped a wizard in GemStone. I named him Methais.

JackWhisper
07-20-2014, 02:46 AM
I have this image, Gelston, of you getting REALLY pissed off at your neighbor, and pooper-scooper bombing along the fenceline one night. Funniest. Image. EVER.

Gelston
07-20-2014, 02:59 AM
I have this image, Gelston, of you getting REALLY pissed off at your neighbor, and pooper-scooper bombing along the fenceline one night. Funniest. Image. EVER.

I'd be the worst human being ever if I did that. One side is a 90 year old woman, other side is a 75 year old man. And no, don't live in an old person neighborhood, everyone else around is quite a bit younger.

Thondalar
07-20-2014, 03:05 AM
Lol @ the dog flinching on 2 and a half...pretty good advertisement for this guy's training skillz.

Ker_Thwap
07-20-2014, 09:46 AM
My dog responds to:

sit - self evident, but keeps her from wiggling as I try to attach the leash.
with me - move to my left side when going for walks.
car - move off the pavement when going for walks
tree - reverse direction when she gets the leash wrapped around a tree.
sniff - free time during a walk for her to sniff around.
pee here - self evident
Yankees - poops if she needs to.
hey - This is the "stop that" command.
come here - come get a treat/get petted. I use hey/come here when she barks, to let her know I have the situation in hand. She rarely barks now. She's learned to shake her the tags on her collar to get my attention, or to wake me up, rather than barking when she needs to go out.

She used to play fetch when I lived in an apartment, and was only outside for a few hours a day. She really has no interest now, since I've moved to the country. I don't teach her any tricks soley for the sake of performing a trick.

Edit: I lied. My girls taught her to play dead, with a Peh-Keh sound while shooting her with the classic finger gun.

Taernath
07-20-2014, 11:45 AM
My dog eats her own poop.