PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember...

Vesi
09-02-2003, 03:55 PM
Does anyone remember about four years ago they were having router problems(believe that was the cause) so bad one night, that they decided to leave the game up but disabled all the creatures from attacking?

I remember I was around four trains and my character and her friend that was around the level went to the Spider Temple and walked around. All the arachnids would do was eat. I kept trying to pet one. We explored it from top to bottom. The servants and priests and priestesses would look at us and walk off. I remember being so excited to get to go someplace 'dangerous' with absolutely no chance of dying.

I thought of this night out of the blue when I was posing about lag in another subject. Back when lag was really bad and you could basically expect it almost everyday.

Vesi

Jack
09-02-2003, 04:02 PM
I remember that. It was a fun time until a few folks decided to ruin it. Used whatever CoL sign it is that causes spirit death over and over and over until it crashed the game.
-Jack

Neildo
09-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Night of the Immortals, heh. I crashed it a couple times due to some bugs. I did a mass rapid fire meteor swarm with a couple friends around me and when we all died and ended up on the altar, the meteor swarm teleported back with us so we'd die, get back up, die, etc etc over and over. Caused a crapload of death scroll and crashed the system.

It was fun to screw around but the creatures not attacking was no real biggie since anything you've earned, or lost, wouldn't be there when the system was back up. It was basically a test night.

- N

Vesi
09-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Neildo
It was fun to screw around but the creatures not attacking was no real biggie since anything you've earned, or lost, wouldn't be there when the system was back up. It was basically a test night.

- N

Yeah, that was the fun part. For someone little like my character to go to the big bad Spider Temple and not have to worry about dying. Also, that was the most dangerous place we could think of to go! So young. So innocent. ;)

Vesi

HarmNone
09-02-2003, 05:40 PM
I thought it was a lot of fun. Younger characters were able to get a look at areas they had never seen before, and might never see.

HarmNone

Taernath
09-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Was that when they gave out the butterfly charms?

Vesi
09-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Taernath
Was that when they gave out the butterfly charms?

No, it was before that. All I can remember is 1999. I only remember how old my character was at the time is the reason I remember the year. I know it was before Ebon's Gate that year. Maybe even before the Spitfire that year.

Vesi

Halfsilver
09-03-2003, 01:17 PM
It's the Ebon Gate. Meaning, The Black Gate. A color or a material.

Ebon's Gate would imply that someone or something named ebon possessed it.

Why does everyone say Ebon's?
Sorry...just a pet peeve of mine. :P

-grays

Tsa`ah
09-05-2003, 03:31 AM
It was close to the first cloud ship release, or during it.

They had a small merchant fest in Sol.

I had a blast that night. My RL cousin and I were taking groups of pre-vultite toting characters around to all the nasty places and letting the munchkins have their naughty ways with the big bads. No legs of course... sucked chasing turtled beasts.