PDA

View Full Version : Returning sorcerer

Ivex
09-29-2004, 12:09 AM
I have recently returned to the lands, and I've been thinking more and more about runestaves. I've been training in Shields and Edged weapons forever, but runestaves are looking good.

I downloaded the Rune Staff spreadsheed from the repository and I've figured out the numbers, but I have a few more questions:

Are runestaves edged weapons? The spreadsheet asked my Weapon ranks and I only have Edged weapon ranks. It also asked my shield enchant. I realize I can remove a limb from critters but I didn't know I had to attach it to my body so I could use a knife, shield and runestaff at the same time :D

Or do I have this all backwards? :no:

TheEschaton
09-29-2004, 03:42 AM
Runestaves are considered to be two-handed weapons (so, if you have two-handed weapon training, you can swing it like a club). This, in effect, renders shield training useless, because you cannot wield both at the same time. However, the GMs did make it so you can wield a wand and not lose too much DS, in your left hand, and made wands left-hand waveable.

Thus, weapon training/shield training is useless, if you're gonna use a runestave....unless you wanna go the crazy route and be an Andaras-type sorceror, who swings claids....and then uses a runestave for defense when casting spells? <shrug>

-TheE-

Drew
09-29-2004, 04:38 AM
Does Andaras = Celtar?

TheEschaton
09-29-2004, 04:49 AM
If you mean, are the players the same, yup.

Last I knew, though, Celtar was a two-handed wielding empath, Andaras being the sorcerer version.

And, actually, I don't know if either of them are still active/still two handed users.

-TheE-

Drew
09-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Yeah I meant the player, and yeah, I saw him post on the officials and he mentioned something about two handed, so I think he still is.