PDA

View Full Version : Hance for Sale

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Welp, since I'll be moving shortly I won't have time to play and things will be hectic when I arrive so I most likely won't be around for awhile, if at all.

Selling Hance
Half-Elf Rogue

Fixskills unused, Stat reallocation unused.
Perfect hunter/locksmith as is but can be changed to your liking.

Hance (at level 30), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Shield Use.........................| 124 32
Combat Maneuvers...................| 164 64
Edged Weapons......................| 164 64
Ambush.............................| 164 64
Physical Fitness...................| 147 47
Dodging............................| 164 64
Arcane Symbols.....................| 25 5
Disarming Traps....................| 164 64
Picking Locks......................| 164 64
Stalking and Hiding................| 164 64
Perception.........................| 147 47
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Trading............................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 2
Training Points: 34 Phy 5 Mnt
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goal

Name: Hance Race: Half-Elf Profession: Rogue (not shown)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Constitution (CON): 80 (15) ... 80 (15)
Dexterity (DEX): 100 (30) ... 105 (32)
Agility (AGI): 100 (35) ... 105 (37)
Discipline (DIS): 78 (9) ... 78 (9)
Aura (AUR): 77 (13) ... 77 (13)
Logic (LOG): 51 (0) ... 51 (0)
Intuition (INT): 61 (5) ... 61 (5)
Wisdom (WIS): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Influence (INF): 42 (1) ... 42 (1)

100$ AIM xShadowMerchantx or U2U

StrayRogue
09-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Why would anyone want to buy someone so fabled for being a con-artist and a rip off merchant?

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Because you have a tiny dick and I haven't ripped anyone but Lycain off?

StrayRogue
09-27-2004, 10:16 PM
HA! He even admits it.

Brattt8525
09-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Why would anyone want to buy someone so fabled for being a con-artist and a rip off merchant?

So that we can kill him so he is forever gone? I bid 1 dollar!

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 10:23 PM
I'll gladly admit that I ripped Lycain off. If I had the chance again I'd take him for anything that I could get.

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 10:24 PM
PS. Notice how Stay didn't deny his tiny dick?

AnticorRifling
09-27-2004, 10:44 PM
He would need fixskills with training like that. And stat reallo is a must. ST, Dex, and WI so high so young is just a waste.

Chadj
09-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Stay did not deny it due to the fact that it is uneeded to even dignify you with a response. However, I felt it was my duty to do some dignifying, so I did.

Furthermore, I actually found that comment amusing.

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm curious to know what you think is wrong with the training.

Also the stats are placed like that for a quick killing machine. I wanted to see if I could get the RT reduction that Elves and Halflings get, but unfortunately I can't, even with the stat enhancing gift.

Current society status:
You are a Master in the Council of Light.

You have learned and are able to use the following abilities:
Sign of Recognition
Signal
Sign of Warding
Sign of Striking
Sign of Clotting
Sign of Thought
Sign of Defending
Sign of Smiting
Sign of Staunching
Sign of Deflection
Sign of Hypnosis
Sign of Swords
Sign of Shields
Sign of Dissipation
Sign of Healing
Sign of Madness
Sign of Possession
Sign of Wracking
Sign of Darkness
Sign of Hopelessness

Past society affiliations (resigned or cast out):
You have no past society affiliations.

You may reset your society status one time. Click SOCIETY RESET for details.

Swings at 260 w/ Col signs. - No Madness

Straight-up
09-27-2004, 11:05 PM
I for one am not really concerned with what size dick Stay has. I AM however concerned at how YOU know and why you seem to be so fixated on his dick ...perhaps you should come out of the closet already?

Straight-up

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Is that supposed to be an insult? Bigot.

Ps. I've been out for a long while now.

Chadj
09-27-2004, 11:12 PM
STAY HAS A NICE SIZED PP.

hectomaner
09-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
Stay did not deny it due to the fact that it is uneeded to even dignify you with a response. However, I felt it was my duty to do some dignifying, so I did.

so are you trying to back up stay by saying he doesnt have a small dick? personal experience?

p.s. hance sucks

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner

p.s. hance sucks

I do, but we've already been over this.

Keller
09-27-2004, 11:46 PM
if there was a namechange option, I am sure there would be interest. But people know that Hance is a raging hard-on of a prick. Hell, I know the guy who bought Geoffani and he took shit for a couple of months before people understood he was not Hance. I could not imagine actually buying Hance and being able to live down that reputation.

I conclude .... DO NOT BUY HANCE, unless it is for one dollar and you just demonic him.

xShadowMerchantx
09-27-2004, 11:47 PM
You can't go demonic dumbass

Keller
09-27-2004, 11:49 PM
hopelessness doesn't work anymore?

xShadowMerchantx
09-28-2004, 12:21 AM
You're a fucking tool, you spout off and you don't know that you can't go demonic?

[Edited on 9-28-2004 by HarmNone]

Scott
09-28-2004, 12:36 AM
You can retire the character

Keller
Please let me know what you had to edit about his post.

In other news, HOLY SHIT! I don't know everything about gemstone!! I must totally be a tool/asswipe!! Look at me, I'm a respectable human being and people actually like me, but I don't know about GS!! HAHAHAHAHA, everyone laugh at me!!!!

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Jonty
Originally posted by Chadj
STAY HAS A NICE SIZED PP.

CHADJ LIKES HIS PP.

HarmNone
09-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Keller
Please let me know what you had to edit about his post.

In other news, HOLY SHIT! I don't know everything about gemstone!! I must totally be a tool/asswipe!! Look at me, I'm a respectable human being and people actually like me, but I don't know about GS!! HAHAHAHAHA, everyone laugh at me!!!!

Sorry, hon. No can do. If I have to edit something out of a post, it's between me and the person whose post was edited. Same would apply if you made an error and posted something that went against the rules. It would stay between you and I, barring those who might have seen it before I could edit it. :)

HarmNone

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Psykos
09-28-2004, 12:41 AM
ROFL, Who the FUCK would want to buy hance?

Shari
09-28-2004, 01:07 AM
....at level 30 his as is 260? Is that normal for that age?

My rogue is only level 19 and she swings at 229.

Drew
09-28-2004, 02:05 AM
My ranger swings at 213 at 31, that's with a claid and no signs, but yeah AS slows down a lot between 20 and 30, that's pretty normal.

Artha
09-28-2004, 02:10 AM
303 at 36 with signs.

Drew
09-28-2004, 02:16 AM
If you look at it, he's doubled in weapons and CM, has maxed out strength, it'd be impossible for him to have a higher AS other than wspec I think.

TheEschaton
09-28-2004, 04:44 AM
My empath swings at 220 with a claid at 21, with CoL signs up. So, yeah, things slow down majorly. It sucks.

-TheE-

Keller
09-28-2004, 06:18 AM
can we get back on topic -- why no one should buy this piece of shit's character.

Caramia
09-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Probably watched a lot by the GMs too. How many warnings?

Drew
09-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
My empath swings at 220 with a claid at 21, with CoL signs up. So, yeah, things slow down majorly. It sucks.

-TheE-

Sad that your empath swings a claid harder than my ranger 10 levels above him

TheEschaton
09-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Hehe, empath spells rock. And of course, that was about half a year ago...still GSIV, but I think they were planning on reducing some of the AS benefits to empath spells? Dunno

And once empaths lose Major Spiritual (buh bye 211 and 215), we're gonna be nerfed (in terms of physical combat, anyways) thru the nose. Unless the minor mentalist circle's gonna have some crazy benefits, which I'm not thinking is gonna be true.

-TheE-

Parkbandit
09-28-2004, 09:01 AM
I think I would pay more for Warclaidhm.

Celexei
09-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah i was thinking the same, at train 20 my ranger swings 252 self spelled

Wezas
09-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Empaths:

Heroism: +25
Bravery: +15
Intensity: +20 (+1 AS for every 2 empath spells over 30 known)
Rage: +15
COL Swords: +20
COL Striking: +10
COL Smiting: +5

so +110 AS (with more possible with more ranks in empath spells/intensity)

Then you add...

Spirit Strike: +75
COL Madness:+50

So at least +235 AS for one strike (like an assassination)

A 30 train Giant Empath (with a decent strength stat) who 1x'd in edged & CM would be able to strike someone normally with an AS of 303 - or strike them once with an AS of 428:

173 Normal AS
+ 20(Vul weapon)
+ 75(Normal Spells)
+ 35(Normal COL)
+ 75(Spirit Strike)
+ 50(COL Madness)

Jonty
09-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Keller
can we get back on topic -- why no one should buy this piece of shit's character.

That would also be off-topic....

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=3832

Jonty
09-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
Empaths:

Empathic Focus

Wezas
09-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Jonty

Empaths:

Empathic Focus

That's right, they changed that shit and merged the spells.

Parkbandit
09-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Another example of how Simutronics listen to players too much and impliments things that make no sense from a D&D standpoint.

A healer should never have an AS even close to a square or semi. They should be the weakest swingers in the game. Period.

Wezas
09-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Another example of how Simutronics listen to players too much and impliments things that make no sense from a D&D standpoint.

A healer should never have an AS even close to a square or semi. They should be the weakest swingers in the game. Period.

Waa Waa Waa, Bitch Moan, Bitch Moan.

All that AS, and I still decided to use a runestaff. Empath lack of defenses make up for any nice AS they have. Especially with the loss of WOF being a useful spell.

And it's not like empaths can hide as easily as most rogues who train in hiding.

Parkbandit
09-28-2004, 12:24 PM

Waa Waa Waa, Bitch Moan, Bitch Moan.

All that AS, and I still decided to use a runestaff. Empath lack of defenses make up for any nice AS they have. Especially with the loss of WOF being a useful spell.

And it's not like empaths can hide as easily as most rogues who train in hiding.

It's neither a bitch nor a moan.. just stating fact. In the world of D&D, an empath or healer should NEVER have an AS higher than any other profession.

Period.

The reason that exists now is that the players of empaths complained enough that their AS wasn't high enough to effectively hunt and train as a healer. Well NO FUCKING SHIT.. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO.

Edited to add: To get back on topic - Hanse < Warclaidhm

[Edited on 9-28-2004 by Parkbandit]

TheEschaton
09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry, I lied, I just figured out my AS with my 21st train empath is 205 with all my spells/signs up, and my invar claid.

It only approaches 223 with my 4x, tempered greataxe.

-TheE-

Drew
09-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Well, ages 20-40 or so are empaths and clerics moments in the sun, I hunt with an empath quite a bit and she generates about 285 AS and 320 offensive DS, whereas I'm doing 213 AS and 165 offensive DS (I don't bother with my signs, she uses hers though), but the thing is, I don't need anymore, everyone talks about how high they can get there AS up but really, I could care less. 213 does me just fine, "ambush critter head" with a claid rarely fails to work, and if the AS was a big problem I'd up it 26 points with symbols or rub a white crystal, or drink a pure potion, you can do all of those things but if you can aim your shots and don't use a wet noodle, high AS does not matter so much.

Parkbandit
09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Well, ages 20-40 or so are empaths and clerics moments in the sun, I hunt with an empath quite a bit and she generates about 285 AS and 320 offensive DS, whereas I'm doing 213 AS and 165 offensive DS (I don't bother with my signs, she uses hers though), but the thing is, I don't need anymore, everyone talks about how high they can get there AS up but really, I could care less. 213 does me just fine, "ambush critter head" with a claid rarely fails to work, and if the AS was a big problem I'd up it 26 points with symbols or rub a white crystal, or drink a pure potion, you can do all of those things but if you can aim your shots and don't use a wet noodle, high AS does not matter so much.

Oh.. I have zero problem with my AS at any of my levels.. my point is that it's completely retarded that an empath can swing a weapon harder than a square or semi ever.

CrystalTears
09-28-2004, 04:27 PM
The reason that exists now is that the players of empaths complained enough that their AS wasn't high enough to effectively hunt and train as a healer. Well NO FUCKING SHIT.. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO.

I totally agree. Not that this is really the place for this discussion, but I was never in agreement that pures can swing with any type of equality as squares and semis. There are games where empaths are not allowed to hunt at all.

I'm all for diversifyng characters, but they should still have limitations. Even in the empath description it states "It is difficult, but not impossible for Empaths to gain skill in weapons and armor, though heavier armor types may adversely affect their ability to cast spells."

Empaths should go in with the mentality that hunting will be REALLY difficult. Now it seems like it's easy as pie. Just doesn't seem right to me. :shrug:

[Edited on 9/28/2004 by CrystalTears]

Drew
09-28-2004, 04:35 PM
PB: <Oh.. I have zero problem with my AS at any of my levels.. my point is that it's completely retarded that an empath can swing a weapon harder than a square or semi ever.>

Yeah, they can swing harder, but can they kill more effectively? I don't think so. I'm one of the people in the boat saying that empaths should be weak hunters but I don't see their AS as a real problem, it's their overly-powerful (for the class) attack spells that are the problem.

Wezas
09-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Empaths = max of 1x in weapon - max of 1x in CM

Heavier armor = more spell failure.

I don't know of any empath that blade hunts regularly that's in anything more then brig.

Defenses are horrible (especially since the crippling of WOF) - and (unlike squares) Empaths don't have an option for redux. Empaths don't have "One Hit Kills" like Clerics do.

The only reason they can swing decently are the spells (+75). +40 of which will be gone as soon as we lose the major spirit circle. And there hasn't been any guarantee that there's AS boosting spells in the Mental circle.

Drew
09-28-2004, 05:03 PM

I don't know of any empath that blade hunts regularly that's in anything more then brig.

Yeah, which is too much, the empaths my ranger hunts with wear the same armour class as him:?:

They are nerfing armour for ambushers, moving us down to brig, I don't see why empaths can wear the same armour as a swinging class....

Bobmuhthol
09-28-2004, 05:06 PM
<<Yeah, which is too much, the empaths my ranger hunts with wear the same armour class as him>>

Owned. I'm not in the game or I'd probably correct this statement to point out hinderance differences.

Nilandia
09-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Drew

Yeah, which is too much, the empaths my ranger hunts with wear the same armour class as him:?:

They are nerfing armour for ambushers, moving us down to brig, I don't see why empaths can wear the same armour as a swinging class....
It's only the empaths that specialize in physical combat that can wear brig. In order to do so, those empaths make massive sacrifices in magical ability.

Personally, all my empaths are in double leathers or lower and cast spells. I'm happy where I am, too.

On another note, however, if you think that empath attack spells are overpowered, you probably don't play an empath. ;)

Now, as far as empaths not being good hunters, I'm not going to say much, other than not all empaths are the same. In this profession are people who are able to heal but choose only to heal themselves, those who prefer to hunt but will heal if needed, those who hunt when they get bored and those who will only heal.

Then there's me, who spends most of her time making a butt print in Oleani's garden in Solhaven. :whistle:

Empaths are a wide profession to encompass a variety of RP styles. How does it make sense to force empaths into a cookie cutter, when all the changes in GS4 have been about expanding choices?

Now, enough :deadhorse:

Nilandia

Galleazzo
09-29-2004, 02:13 AM

It's neither a bitch nor a moan.. just stating fact. In the world of D&D, an empath or healer should NEVER have an AS higher than any other profession.

I'm kinda missing something here, so maybe you can help me out. This is about Gemstone IV here, right? What the fuck does D&D have to do with Gemstone? So D&D is another roleplaying game? Sure, great, so's Ars Magica, Hero, Nobilis, Feng Shui, Buffy, GURPS, Traveller, C&S, Runequest, Bunnies and fucking Burrows, and a whole shitload of games that got frigging nothing to do with GS.

I want to talk about D&D, I'm gonna go to a D&D board.

[Edited on 9/29/2004 by Galleazzo]

09-29-2004, 02:20 AM
I'd pay 200 bucks cash right now for Warclaidhm, if only to ensure he never returns

Amaron
09-29-2004, 09:04 AM
Why is this the third thread started by you that has you talking about somone's tiny prick......?

Anyone else see a pattern here?

J

Parkbandit
09-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo

I'm kinda missing something here, so maybe you can help me out. This is about Gemstone IV here, right? What the fuck does D&D have to do with Gemstone? So D&D is another roleplaying game? Sure, great, so's Ars Magica, Hero, Nobilis, Feng Shui, Buffy, GURPS, Traveller, C&S, Runequest, Bunnies and fucking Burrows, and a whole shitload of games that got frigging nothing to do with GS.

I want to talk about D&D, I'm gonna go to a D&D board.

[Edited on 9/29/2004 by Galleazzo]

Sorry Galleazzo.. I assume people know that most of these roleplaying games are based upon the Dungeon & Dragon type games. No, they are not all exactly the same.. but certain similarities are there. The roll of the dice, the different professions and races, the time settiing, etc...

Hope that cleared it up.

Galleazzo
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Sorry Galleazzo.. I assume people know that most of these roleplaying games are based upon the Dungeon & Dragon type games. No, they are not all exactly the same.. but certain similarities are there. The roll of the dice, the different professions and races, the time settiing, etc...Yeah, I know all about D&D. Been doing RPGs a long, long time. And there are plenty of games out there. Dozens. Hundreds. Now this might seem weird to a lot of blokes but fantasy worlds were around a long time before D&D and there are people out there thinking that just maybe they can do things without doing it like TSR did 20 years ago.

Fact is Gemstone IS based on a roleplaying game and it isn't D&D at all. It's Rolemaster. They filed off the serial numbers in deICEing but it's the same game. It's percentile, not d20. It's RM classes, not D&D. It's RM spell lists, not D&D's. The penalties for traps and locks and perception checks? RM. Open-ended rolls, that's a RM thing, so's differing critical classes. AS and DS is what they changed the names of OB and DB into.