PDA

View Full Version : Another Scroll Infusion Question...

Synns
05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
OK, I know everyone is probably hating all these infusion questions, but heres another anyhow... (I'm Synns by the way.. nice to meet you all).. I am a train 28 sorcerer with my magic skills of:

Arcane Symbols.....................| 158 58
Magic Item Use.....................| 158 58
Spell Aiming.......................| 117 29
Harness Power......................| 158 58
Elemental Mana Control.............| 117 29
Spirit Mana Control................| 117 29

OK, so, I am trying to infuse a scroll that has Lockpick enhance and disarm enhance on it and it just wont go. They are fairly low level spells in my book and being 28 I didnt think I'd have a problem. OK, so... I unlocked the scroll with the Ikar'fyn rune and that went perfect. I cast 714 at the scroll and then I type INFUSE MY SCROLL it says, 'You concentrate on infusing the scroll, but lose your focus'.
Any ideas as to why that would be? or perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Thanks ever so much
Lord Synns

Trinitis
05-27-2005, 12:22 PM
My only guess is your still not skilled enough. Scroll Infusing was aimed to be more of an endgame skill, then anything else. Using scrolls at lower levels is more of a waste IMO.

Spells from scrolls gain power based on your ammount of scroll use. Having lots of ranks in the skill produces "spell ranks" for that spell circle. I'm guessing you are just not old enough yet.

Synns
05-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Ahhh, I see... Well, I spose my roguish friend is out of luck, haha. Oh well, will give it another try at Great Lord I spose. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Syberus
05-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Actually I believe that's the message you get when you aren't holding an ag'loenar rune in your other hand.

Synns
05-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh, so a totally different runestone must occupy the other hand while the scroll occupies the first?

Ebondale
05-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Being that I recently returned to the lands I haven't had any recent experience with scroll reading.

I know that IN THE PAST having 20 or so ranks in scroll reading was always plenty. For me, anyway. I was an Empath who liked to live like a rogue and as such used to pick boxes so sometimes I would invoke enhancement spells.

I'm guessing they've completely re-done the whole scroll reading system on me, huh?

Syberus
05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Well you could use scrolls with your 20 ranks, but you'll suck at infusing them.

Ebondale
05-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Syberus
Well you could use scrolls with your 20 ranks, but you'll suck at infusing them.

Maybe this whole 'infusing' thing is some newish verb that I'm unfamiliar with?

I'm used to READing a scroll (which you needed one train per spell level, so if the spell was 603 you'd need three trains in scroll reading) and maybe twice that number of trains to INVOKE the spell from the scroll.

Whats with this whole INFUSE verb?

Syberus
05-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Spell 714. Sorcerers are now able to charge scrolls, extending their lifespan quite a large amount if done well.

Ebondale
05-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Syberus
Spell 714. Sorcerers are now able to charge scrolls, extending their lifespan quite a large amount if done well.

See. Its a spell, not a verb at all. i r teh newb. :lol:

I'm guessing that Demonology and Necromancy don't help 714 at all, then?

Syberus
05-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Not to my knowledge no.