PDA

View Full Version : a black ora anklet

Gweneivia
06-15-2014, 05:14 PM
This small box, crafted from witchwood, is lined with black velvet and is just barely large enough to hold a single piece of jewelry. Strange runes are lightly carved into the lid, but their meaning is undecipherable.

In the witchwood box:
jewelry (1): black ora anklet.

l ank
The shadows surrounding the black ora anklet contort into writhing tendrils.

From a merchant last year. Cannot be removed once worn, I've never taken it out of the box (obviously).

"A few updates are now live with the special kind of black ora jewelry (the kind you can't remove once worn). There are two versions now, uncommon and rare. Everyone who has one currently has a rare version. The rare version has 4 new verbs, one being a little more special and can only be used once a week (if you can figure it out). The uncommon version doesn't have the mana dump or spirit drain abilities. The mana dump and spirit drain are now a little more random, and the spirit drain will no longer drain a spirit if you were just resurrected with only one spirit (but it will drain your last spirit if you find yourself with one spirit via other means).

All versions have a mood/idle message now that can occur every 30 to 60 minutes. You can PROD the the jewelry item to toggle that on and off and you can see the status via LOOK. The submenu via StormFront's point and click now has a "black ora" submenu (the special verb is excluded from this menu). You can also have special merchants work on them (to alter them), but it will remain a very rare service. Unlocking services won't be a service that will be offered, so choose wisely before wearing one. There will also be some new worn locations released in the future (and possibly some armor accessories). They still can't be removed in any way once worn."

So this would be the uncommon type. Basically, a forehead gem you can't ever take off and a bit more...dark. Anyway

MB 20m
CB 21m Shad0wS0ngs GONE

shad0ws0ngs
06-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Any obvious alteration restrictions?

Aramyr
06-15-2014, 11:39 PM
*Only* person I am aware of that will/can alter them is Skryn, who is kinda never around. I don't remember what all he would not do, offhand.

shad0ws0ngs
06-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Ok, thanks

Ceyrin
06-16-2014, 12:20 AM
The merchant who handed some out last year at EG might do some alteration on them. I forget the name, but I'm sure someone remembers.

Aramyr
06-16-2014, 12:36 AM
That was Skryn.

sentral
06-16-2014, 08:23 AM
an interesting item indeed

Gweneivia
06-16-2014, 10:09 AM
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?83541-Black-Ora-Jewelry&p=1565796#post1565796

I believe these are the actions that it has, except with an anklet instead of an earring, but again, I can't try it out to know for sure. It should also have the mood/idle messaging that flares every 30-60 minutes without you doing anything, and if the post is correct you can turn those OFF (which is nice when you're at a merchant and everyone else's beard imps and shit are popping out and annoying people).

Aramyr
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
MB on it..because..I kinda have to.

shad0ws0ngs
06-16-2014, 03:16 PM
yeah... 21m

Gweneivia
06-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Okay doing a "get" (but only one!) netted me this line:

A darkness emanates from the black ora anklet, wrapping itself around your hand. You are suddenly filled with the knowledge that if you reach for the anklet again in the next few seconds you will be making an irrevocable decision. You sense this is a lesser black ora piece.

So definitely not the extra special fancy stuff, in case there was any question. Still pretty nicey though. But if anyone bidding thought maybe it was the super fancy stuff and wants to retract a bid I'd be okay with that.

MrMortimur
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Well Skryn is Wyrom who can do pretty much anything.

JackWhisper
06-16-2014, 05:43 PM
I have a character that has one of the lesser black ora pieces. When I spoke with Wyrom on a merchant he controls that was not Skryn, I was told, in no uncertain terms, that no work on black ora jewelry will be done without the express permission and appearance of THAT merchant. Whether or not this changes, who knows. But I've tried to work on my piece, and gotten turned down because they simply will not be worked on until the creator is on the proper merchant. And, as it's been said in this thread. Skryn does not make many appearances.

Just thought I'd offer some insight. Good luck to the seller/bidders.

Androidpk
06-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Wyrom once turned me into a newt.

Gweneivia
06-17-2014, 09:58 AM
updated bid

Gweneivia
06-17-2014, 08:52 PM
going twice, sold tomorrow if no more bids.

Gweneivia
06-18-2014, 02:07 PM
And sold, contact me in game or I will find you. That sounded more ominous than intended but it conveys the message.