PDA

View Full Version : any undecideds?

GSTamral
09-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Any undecided people here planning on watching the debates on TV?

First debate in Coral Gables in a week, in front of what should be a very split crowd.

Keller
09-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Ya, I am really interested to see what each of them is going to say about economics. I was a Kerry supporter but now I don't really know, he and his campaign have not impressed. I could really give two shits about how they will protect the country -- of course both will just do what their generals tell them. Fuck, even Nader would have retaliated after 9/11. So to me the issue is economics and who has the best plan for the future. I know that Bush's spending is way out of control for the tax breaks he has been giving, but I don't know if Kerry will do much better. Talk is just talk.

xtc
09-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah I hate Bush and his endless fear mongering to get votes. However Kerry doesn't inspire confidence so far for me. I have stated before that I will vote for anyone but Bush but I will watch the debates. I wish Nader was taking part.

[Edited on 9-23-2004 by xtc]

Ilvane
09-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Nader is a putz. He was on TV babbling about something the other day. Funny it's okay for the Republicans to help fund getting him on the ballot, but when the Democrats see phony signatures on the petitions to get him on..they are the bad guys.

I thought he was a good advocate for honesty, but now he's just being self serving.

Kerry doesn't have to really be charismatic, to be a good president, but then in the Hollywood age, everyone has to "seem like they'd be nice to hang out with". I don't want to hang out with him, and sure Bush seems like a nice enough guy, but he's god awful at being president.

-A

[Edited on 9-23-2004 by Ilvane]

Meos
09-23-2004, 04:43 PM
The debates are going to be very important for me. But I'm pretty sure of my choice to vote against Bush.

Keller
09-23-2004, 04:47 PM
It's hard for people to get behind a president with no personality. Look at Kennedy, wtf did he do? Dealt with Cuba having nuclear missiles? That is a no brainer. He also was an adulterer. But we love him, why? Same for Reagan. What did he do? Well, besides tripling the deficit while outspending the USSR he used covert CIA missions to overthrow non-US friendly dictators and installed US-friendly dictators. But wait, he was "the great communicator." Why? Because he was charismatic, well-spoken and quite charming. Of course it matters.

Regardless, at this point I am still voting for Kerry because I would rather pay my debts now than pay them later, but I am still listening.

09-23-2004, 04:51 PM
I'll watch the debates, but I'll most likely be voting for Bush.

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
09-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Keller
Look at Kennedy, wtf did he do?Conquering space is, after all, a parlor trick.

09-23-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm undecided but will be unable to watch the debates seeing as how I'll be in Iraq

Keller
09-23-2004, 08:30 PM
You've surely conquered space when you've reached the closest celestial body to your own. Kudos to you though for finding one thing Kennedy kind of, sort of, didn't really do. :2beers:

Latrinsorm
09-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Hitting an object moving at three times the speed of sound, that's 384 million meters away, keeping the three people inside absolutely unharmed. You're right, how hard could that be?

I'll be watching the debates, as well as the WWE debates (Mick Foley v. Bradshaw) and am therefore expecting John Kerry to be slammed, suplexed, or otherwise driven through a steel cage.