PDA

View Full Version : Wildstar

Taernath
04-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Ain't nobody talking 'bout this?

Looks interesting. I got a beta key for this weekend so I'll be trying it out.

Dendum
04-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Ain't nobody talking 'bout this?

Looks interesting. I got a beta key for this weekend so I'll be trying it out.

Looks like WoW 2. Of the WoW 2's out this looks better to me than ESO.

Jarvan
04-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Once again, I think the PVP will be weak.

We really need a game with more then 2 factions. Where is DAoC 2?

Dendum
04-23-2014, 02:01 PM

Isn't it called Elder scrolls online?

Johnny Five
04-23-2014, 02:04 PM
I have played this already, it has some good concepts like having to aim your attacks. I've only got a few hours logged in. Been addicted to FTL. :O!

Atlanteax
04-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Early assessment is that it seems rather "Campy"

Malisai
04-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Early assessment is that it seems rather "Campy"

I looked at it. Its Campy, but it seems like thats a design choice rather than a mistake. The other thing is that the combat isnt tab targetting, so that could be interesting.

Ill probably try it if there is a free trial.

Jarvan
04-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Isn't it called Elder scrolls online?

yeah... no.

Atlanteax
04-23-2014, 04:41 PM
This seems like a much more interesting game ... targeting Winter 2014

https://eternity.obsidian.net/game

Wiki for it: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_Wiki

Seems to be much more true to D&D roots as GS is.

Taernath
04-23-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm looking forward to the player housing aspect. I'm not aware of too many MMOs nowadays that bother with it, except for Rift, TOR (this summer) and maybe EVE depending on how you squint.

Nathala Crane
04-23-2014, 05:41 PM
I played the last couple of beta weekends. I'm not a huge fan of the artstyle, but I had a lot of fun on my Draken Warrior. Only played up to level 10, though.

Also, Aurin are an abomination. *twitch*

Whirlin
04-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I played it...

For about 5 minutes.

They seem to promise a lot, but they really haven't done anything exceptionally well.

The environment isn't terribly engaging, the textures aren't that detailed, in lieu of 'artistic style'. When I actually got into combat, it was very poorly done. It was clunky, unpolished, and looked like it was thrown together last minute. It was attempting real time combat, which was much better implemented in TERA two years ago. The UI was completely unpolished, seemingly random, and in massive need of an overhaul.

I think there are much better options out there for MMOs. Maybe Wildstar will be better down the line, but I think they pushed out to beta way too early, before they really know what they want to be as a game, and what they're trying to bring to the MMO world that's truly unique.

Hydra
04-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Isn't that going to be Camelot Unchained?

Taernath
04-25-2014, 03:36 PM
I played a couple hours today grouped with a friend.

The grouping aspect and UI are absolutely terrible. You can't find each other easily with the way nameplates, questmarkers and the minimap are done, so we wound up putting raid markers on each other. Then the quest objectives aren't shared or are reduced (I kill a yeti and get 11% completion, he kills a yeti and I get 4%) between party members, making the whole thing close to pointless. I -really- hope the current grouping mechanics are just a placeholder.

Apart from that it's been enjoyable so far. The aesthetic is obviously very WoW-like which I don't mind, and the combat is more active than just standing around activating abilities on cooldown.

Gizmo
04-25-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm still up in the air about it myself, but in comparison to ESO I liked Wildstar better.

The art I enjoyed, although comic-ish, is nice along with the humor that is wrapped all around the game/lore.

I just wish today MMOs were more enjoyable and lasted longer, and that the old old Galaxies never went under. I had the most fun playing that game while Raph was still on the team

Jace Solo
04-26-2014, 10:46 AM
I've already pre-ordered. I enjoy it and I think it will hold up pretty well filling a niche of the old WoW players that can't stand what WoW has become but aren't sold on the "single player" mentality of ESO.

Donquix
04-27-2014, 12:55 PM
I played a few beta weeknds ago. It was ok but the combat just felt...hollow. Especially in PVP.

People keep saying the game gets a lot more fun after level 17 or so, apparently the difficulty/etc. ramp up a lot after that so you'are just walking around face rolling the keyboard. Unfortunately level was capped to before that happens when i played so didn't have a chance.

Nathala Crane
04-29-2014, 01:45 AM
After messing around with it some more this past weekend and getting bored out of my mind, I don't think it has legs. Free to play within a year, to be honest. Maybe at that point I'd give it another go, but as it is now, I don't see paying $60 for the game, much less the sub. After having played FFXIV for the past several months, it feels too dated. That's despite FFXIV being "yet another" tab-target MMO. And it's not just the aesthetics; Wildstar feels like a sub-par hack-and-slash with an awkward user interface and limited controls.

Loyrl
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Open beta starts on the 8th till the 18th.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/open-beta-is-coming-may-8/

Some Rogue
05-18-2014, 02:33 AM
After playing the open beta the last week or so, I was hooked and ordered tonight. I haven't had a game for a long time that kept me up all night playing. I can't wait for this to release now.

Seran
05-18-2014, 01:01 PM
After messing around with it some more this past weekend and getting bored out of my mind, I don't think it has legs. Free to play within a year, to be honest. Maybe at that point I'd give it another go, but as it is now, I don't see paying $60 for the game, much less the sub.

You couldn't have hit the nail on the head more cleanly. NCsoft has a great marketing department, capable of hyping the hell out of a game to get the number of subscribers at release to be substantial, but that is all they have. Most of their games are cookie-cutter renditions of one another (Guild Wars, Aion, Guild Wars 2), all of which suffer from sub-par content updates following release. Within a year the number of subscribers will be a fifth of what it was at release and you can bet the game will be F2P within two years. It took Aion three, but then they didn't have much competition outside of World of Warcraft.

Hydra
05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Oh, this is done by NCSoft. Well then I'll never touch it after how they handled City of Heroes. They can go screw themselves.

Gelston
05-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Oh, this is done by NCSoft. Well then I'll never touch it after how they handled City of Heroes. They can go screw themselves.

It isn't done by NCSoft, it is done by Carbine. NCSoft does own Carbine, but they have nothing to do with the Dev of the game.

BTW, I preordered the Deluxe, so I'll be getting 3 7 day trial keys to hand out when it releases. If anyone wants one, let me know.

Jace Solo
05-28-2014, 11:24 AM
It is both a decade removed... and LEAPS and bounds better than CoH was. Which was a pretty good game on the baseline, just not the throughline.

Gelston
05-28-2014, 11:25 AM
The Devs seem pretty awesome and active with the community, unlike ESO where you'd only run into Forum Mod/Community Managers. The features they have at launch seem pretty damn awesome.

Jace Solo
05-28-2014, 11:28 AM
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar-features-trailer-is-live/

Speaking of which, this is on the launch bar today with the new patch.
(which they seem to do a LOT more than any other MMO I've ever seen. I know their in beta, but if they even keep up half the speed of updates and balances they claim they will, it will be a fantastically fair game to play)

Hydra
05-28-2014, 12:57 PM
It is both a decade removed... and LEAPS and bounds better than CoH was. Which was a pretty good game on the baseline, just not the throughline.
They decided to shut down CoH and fire the staff that worked on it, even though it was profitable, during the shit storm that was the Guild Wars 2 launch. Hey, they have every right to shut down one of their games. I also think they handled it like a bunch of a-holes and as I was a big fan of CoH they won't see another dime of my money.

Gelston
05-28-2014, 01:13 PM
They decided to shut down CoH and fire the staff that worked on it, even though it was profitable, during the shit storm that was the Guild Wars 2 launch. Hey, they have every right to shut down one of their games. I also think they handled it like a bunch of a-holes and as I was a big fan of CoH they won't see another dime of my money.

NCSoft has claimed quite a few times that Paragon Studios was not profitable, which is likely the sole reason it was all shut down. They tried on two occasions to sell off the CoH IP, but both times it fell through for various reasons. I think the F2P element that added is what created the downfall. MMOs shouldn't go F2P.

Jace Solo
05-28-2014, 01:38 PM
I have to agree with that. They shouldn't go F2P unless their literally dead and the profit from player purchase goes into maintaining the current status quo. If you play an F2P you basically get no right to expect any advancements or additions, which is what ultimately leads to a games death.

At least with GS they loft the eventual addition of new class releases. lol

Some Rogue
05-28-2014, 02:19 PM
http://youtu.be/Z1oEkRRfd8o

Can't wait!

Gelston
05-28-2014, 02:22 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar/profile/pastBroadcasts

They have a BUNCH of stuff there I've been watching. Looks very badass.

Hydra
05-28-2014, 02:34 PM
NCSoft has claimed quite a few times that Paragon Studios was not profitable, which is likely the sole reason it was all shut down. They tried on two occasions to sell off the CoH IP, but both times it fell through for various reasons. I think the F2P element that added is what created the downfall. MMOs shouldn't go F2P.

They went F2P and yet they were bringing in $2.76 million per quarter. I don't know if that means it was profitable, I don't have the financials.

Their updates were free, and had released one that May, and had scheduled another for that November. Guild Wars 2 launched on August 28, 2012 to all kinds of issues, and people demanding refunds. On August 31, 2012 NCSoft announced they would be closing CoH on November 30th. It didn't sit well with me and never will. Like I said, it was their game, they can close it. I can dislike them for it too.

That being said I hope you guys like Wildstar.

Luntz
05-28-2014, 02:58 PM
I had a bunch of capped characters in both CoH and Cov, like 5 in each and billions in equipment, and yes when they switched to F2P they ruined a great game with a regular playerbase. NCSoft also had a split where a big portion of their company went off to create that other comic book mmo, Champions, so not sure how that affected the decision making. I would never play another NCSoft game after how they mishandled one of my favorite casually fun games.

Hydra
05-28-2014, 03:06 PM
I had a bunch of capped characters in both CoH and Cov, like 5 in each and billions in equipment, and yes when they switched to F2P they ruined a great game with a regular playerbase. NCSoft also had a split where a big portion of their company went off to create that other comic book mmo, Champions, so not sure how that affected the decision making. I would never play another NCSoft game after how they mishandled one of my favorite casually fun games.

Cryptic Studios developed CoH and sold the IP to NCSoft after they announced they would be working with Marvel on what would become Champions Online.

For me the biggest problem with game play was the Architect system, which while very cool, made the game feel like City of Virtual Reality, not City of Heroes.

Luntz
05-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Yea I exploited the fuck out of the architect system, gaining billions upon billions of...whatever the shit they used as money. When hundreds of millions was alot, I was making 2-300mil daily. It got really stupid.

Gelston
05-29-2014, 09:13 PM
One key spoken for, 2 left. They'll be released to me on June 3rd.

TheEschaton
05-30-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm hesitant about Wildstar. Leveling is fun-ish, certainly more fun as WoW, probably not as fun as SWTOR or ESO. I still don't understand the crafting after playing the beta.

But the real important part to me is endgame. And I can't see how 40 person, highly difficult, action-based combat with telegraphs can work. If they tune it that no one can take avoidable damage, nothing will ever get killed. If they make it so you can stand in most telegraphs all day, it'll just be WoW raiding with 15 more people to potentially fuck up, except the really good guilds will stack less and less healers and expect everyone to dodge everything, which you can't tune around. And if they make most of the damage unavoidable, so as to circumvent that strat, well then, what's the point of telegraphs.

If the raiding scene does take off though, I might try it out.

Parkbandit
05-30-2014, 11:04 AM
One key spoken for, 2 left. They'll be released to me on June 3rd.

I'll take one!

I've been so desperate to play a good game.. I actually paid for WoW for a month last night.

Jace Solo
05-30-2014, 11:21 AM
I think the raiding will be good. I can tell you from experience, just doing dungeons can be hella chaotic and makes a healers job crazy!

Also, three classes can heal on the fly. So it opens you up to half a bar of healing, half of dps. You'll be constantly busy.

Also-also, if you stand in an enemies telegraph you get raped. It's not something even tanks do. Not to mention the radius and shape of the telegraphs very considerably. It honestly looks like a lot of fun.

TheEschaton
05-30-2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah, but if you think back to the heydays of 40 man raiding in WoW, it only worked because you could literally have half the raid asleep at their keyboards, and you only spammed one ability mainly.

Having to have 40 people accountable for all their actions with 6ish actions....that'll blow....imo. But what do I know? Maybe it'll work really well.

P.S. Saw Bullcraft on Mal'ganis earlier, did a double take.

Parkbandit
05-30-2014, 11:45 AM
P.S. Saw Bullcraft on Mal'ganis earlier, did a double take.

Yea.. just realized today his name isn't Bullchip.

Just spent 4000 g to get him the most basic lvl 90 pvp gear. Figure I'll grind out some honor while I'm bored.

Gelston
05-30-2014, 02:14 PM
I'll take one!

I've been so desperate to play a good game.. I actually paid for WoW for a month last night.

Alrighty.

One left!

Headstart soon, can't wait!

Some Rogue
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
I'll take one!

Brb, reserving the name PBisanoob

SHAFT
05-30-2014, 05:18 PM
I bought it. Fuck me. I really hope it sucks and I don't get addicted. Looks cool as shit however.

Gelston
05-30-2014, 05:22 PM
I love the combat system. Telegraphs and such. Refreshing change.

Gelston
05-31-2014, 03:51 AM
So, it launched for headstart.... And they got a DDoS attack. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!

Some Rogue
05-31-2014, 10:06 AM
It only lasted for an hour then I was able to log in. Made it to level 7 before I decided I'd just go to bed lol.

SHAFT
05-31-2014, 12:00 PM
I made an Aurin Esper. Wish they'd let more races play as Espers.

Gelston
05-31-2014, 12:28 PM
It only lasted for an hour then I was able to log in. Made it to level 7 before I decided I'd just go to bed lol.

Yeah. I got about the same. I just played until I got out of the two tutorial areas.

I made an Aurin Esper. Wish they'd let more races play as Espers.

They plan to make all races be able to play all professions eventually. They didn't have time to get in all the animations before launch.

Some Rogue
05-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Draken Stalker at 10 now and rolled an engineer named Redshirt just to save the name haha.

Gelston
05-31-2014, 12:30 PM
I went Cassian Engineer

Gelston
05-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Doing my first Shiphand thingy. It is basically a dungeon, but it scales based on people. You can do it solo or with a group of up to 5. Pretty sweet.

Jace Solo
05-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Went Caretaker sever. Dominion.

Some Rogue
05-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Went Caretaker sever. Dominion.
That's where I am too. Can't wait to get out of Deradune. The retards are starting to come out. :(

Jace Solo
06-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Haha. Totally!

Some Rogue
06-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Joined a guild so I can finally turn off zone chat. I thought it was going to be just one of those spam guilds where everyone joins. It sort of is but apparently this guild has sub guilds across tons of games and they run their shit like the military or a business. There are so many rules and who reports to who and on and on. I guess you dont really have to participate in a lot of that if you're just looking for people to group with and play the game so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Gelston
06-01-2014, 01:02 PM
I joined the RP server, because only cool people go there. I actually always join RP servers... As it seems usually older people go into them.

Jace Solo
06-01-2014, 05:07 PM
That sounds interesting. Get me an invite?

Jace Solo
06-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Engineers are easy mode. I played the first dungeon as dps and was top dps by a wide margin.

SHAFT
06-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Engineers are easy mode. I played the first dungeon as dps and was top dps by a wide margin.

Does the game include a dps meter or are you using an add on?

Gelston
06-01-2014, 05:51 PM
It has a "Damage Done, Damage Taken, Healing Done, Healing Recieved, etc" report after some instances... Like World bosses and such.

Just got my housing plot. I have a spaceship and a distillery on it.

Jace Solo
06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm waiting in a 3 hour Que. Good stuff.

Some Rogue
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I had 2 and a half, but it didn't take that long. I'm playing Nekk if anyone wants a guild invite.

Gelston
06-01-2014, 09:27 PM
My RP server never has a queue!

Atlanteax
06-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Some other MMO...

http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20140602-d00f0.png

Johnny Five
06-02-2014, 12:41 PM
I logged like 24 hours this weekend. Leveling sure takes longer than WoW, I think I made it to 20.

Taernath
06-02-2014, 12:52 PM
WoW used to take a long time too, but they added a bunch of xp buffs. Now you can't complete the first quest hub in a zone without outlevelling the entire zone.

SHAFT
06-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm waiting in a 3 hour Que. Good stuff.

I had a number of those wait times and it really only took 20-30 minutes.

Jace Solo
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah. They seem inflated but that makes me happy.

Fucked around and got a Stalker to 13 with the intention of tanking, then messed with some other before settling on the old standard - back to an engineer. I just feel super comfortable with it. I haven't gotten to play much because of work/girlfriend so I'm only lvl 6. But that's pretty much in a couple hours from this morning. If I had just caved to the eng from the beginning I'd be 20 as well.

Some Rogue
06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Well, you don't receive a warning like this in just any mmo....
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/uhhh_zps4cd7309e.jpg (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/lrenzo2/media/uhhh_zps4cd7309e.jpg.html)

Johnny Five
06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Yeah, like when you level it's all like "F%%^ YEAH! THEY ARE GOING TO SHIT THEIR PANTS NOW!!!" Makes me laugh everytime.
I'm on a PVP server Bloodsworn. Human Esper but I don't know if I will stick it out.

Gelston
06-03-2014, 12:05 PM
If any of you decide to do the free server transfer, I'll warn you... It takes 24 hours to transfer your character. It may be easier to just make a new one.

Gelston
06-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Those of you I've handed guest passes out to, follow these instructions...

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62264-how-to-use-guest-passes/?p=648076

I suggest downloading the client BEFORE applying the code... Because your 7 day tick starts right when you apply it, downloading or not.

Back
06-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Anyone willing to send a guest pass my way? I'm interested in trying this. Thanks!

Gelston
06-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Got another one. Sent to you.

Gelston
06-03-2014, 07:33 PM
And, just FYI for those of you on a 7 day pass...

Some restrictions on Guest passes to keep in mind:

Key Restrictions:
Keys can only be redeemed ONCE.
One Guest pass can be applied per account.
Account must have NO game time remaining to redeem.
Ingame Restrictions*:
Max of 3 characters slots per realm
Max character experience up to level 20 and path experience up to level 10.
Limited to Apprentice Crafting (Tier 1)
50 Gold Currency Cap.
5000 Renown Cap.
Joining or creating guilds is disabled
Creating circles is disabled, but you can join them.
Trading with other players is disabled.
Sending and Receiving mail is disabled.
Housing Restrictions:
Cannot become a neighbor or a roommate.
Cannot invite another character to be a neighbor or roommate.
Commodity Exchange Restrictions:
Cannot post, buyout, or bid on any item in the Commodity Exchange.
Chat restricted to Say, Yell, and Party chat.
/Ticket ingame is disabled
Limited forum access (Read-only access)
Cannot receive or purchase C.R.E.D.D.

It is heavily restricted, but I believe it is to prevent gold farmers from getting 4 accounts (that can actually do anything) every time they purchase one.

Back
06-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Right on. Thanks! This game looks and sounds good.

Parkbandit
06-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Those of you I've handed guest passes out to, follow these instructions...

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62264-how-to-use-guest-passes/?p=648076

I suggest downloading the client BEFORE applying the code... Because your 7 day tick starts right when you apply it, downloading or not.

You rock Gelston. As soon as I have a good solid chunk of time, I'm going to try it.

Thanks again.

SHAFT
06-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I have 3 guest passes available if anyone needs some. Send me a PM.

Some Rogue
06-04-2014, 12:26 AM
I have 2 also.

Atlanteax
06-06-2014, 10:40 AM
http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20140606-6b9c6.png

Gelston
06-07-2014, 12:20 PM
lol, those Simon games end right when they start to get good too.

Jace Solo
06-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Wouldn't know. TapThat FTW

Gelston
06-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Cheater.

Loyrl
06-09-2014, 10:17 AM
I have 1 pass left if anyone wants it. I have an esper on exile Mikros server.

Gelston
06-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I have 1 pass left if anyone wants it. I have an esper on exile Mikros server.

Damn exiles. They must all be destroyed!

Some Rogue
06-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Hit 50 tonight. Now the real grind begins. :(

Androidpk
06-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Hit 50 tonight. Now the real grind begins. :(

Are you addicted to MMOs?

Jace Solo
06-11-2014, 02:49 AM

We play Gemstone... a text based MMO... from before wireless internet...
We might as well be poster children.

Atlanteax
06-11-2014, 08:08 AM
http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20140611-c152a.png

Another CAD comic, but is this a thing in Wildstar?

Some Rogue
06-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Not particularly. I was playing LoL and Diablo 3 for a long time before Wildstar :P

Atlanteax
06-11-2014, 10:01 AM
PvP had an interesting and positive review of Wildstar

http://www.pvponline.com/

My career in cartooning is directly tied to MMOs.

At 24 I was working a tech industry job, and my cartooning stuff had been put up in the closet. I kind of stopped drawing after my mother died and I put the idea of trying to get syndicated on hold for a while. But it was MMOs that brought me back to cartooning.

My friends and family became obsessed with Ultima Online. It was a wild frontier of gaming. Open world, could be killed at any moment. We had a guild, houses, and we were at war all the time. I was immersed. And when we had problems with the game, I drew cartoons about it. Those cartoons led to my creating PvP.

We moved from Ultima on to Everquest and we marveled at the graphics and the changes to the genre that prevented some in-game griefing. No more PKs, no more pick pockets. The world was immersive, the lore was exciting. Angela used to spend the weekend with her guild waiting for their turn to fight a dragon.

Then came WoW and again, we jumped. We started a fan guild, ran that for a couple years. Warred with Penny Aracde on the Dark Iron server. Split off into a couple side-guilds, and eventually gave up the guild life and just played somewhere quiet with friends and family.

And then...we just never left WoW. We ended up on this loop of getting excited and back into the game when a new expansion hit, then losing interest at the end of its life-cyle. Rinse repeat and suddenly you've been playing WoW for a decade.

I've tried other MMOs since we jumped from Everquest to WoW. And none of them stuck. We always got excited about the promise of something to draw us away from WoW, but nothing ever did for very long. And I just got to the point where I figured nothing was ever going to come along that recaptured the magic of those first days in WoW.

Then Wildstar hit.

Wildstar pushes all of my buttons. It's a western in space, so it basically feels like Firefly and Star Wars all kind of mashed up together. The character design is straight out of pixar and every environment is gorgeous. The races and classes are fun and unique but still recognizable. Combat is a blast and skill based. Questing is fun. The lore is interesting and engaging. These are MMO basics and they knocked every single one of them out of the park.

Beyond the basics, Wildstar is packed with MMO extras that despite having appeared in other games, feels so new and fresh to me. Paths are a secondary flavor of side-questing that you get to choose for your character. Challenges, adventures, holo-sims, player housing with mini-games, and a very robust crafting system. Again, all knocked out of the park. Home run, guys.

But look, you can read about all the game features over at Joystiq or PC Gamer or whatever. I want to give you a couple of gut feelings I've felt over the last couple of days that make me realize I'm hooked.

- Cory and I were questing last night and we were in this farmer's plot clearing his land of troublesome critters when I realized that the vegetables in his field were scannable by my science robot. So I scanned one and it popped out of the ground, ran away giggling and dropped a small fruit behind it. I walked over it and poof, I turned into a vegetable. Someone put that in the game for no reason other than it's fun. No achievement, no advancement, just fun. I started running around healing my buddy as this pink carrot screaming "EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!" and we laughed our asses off.

- That same night, Cory ran to the edge of this beach and said "Oh my god, come over here." I ran over and nothing was in front of me but ocean. In fact, looking at the map, we were on the edge of the world. There's nothing out there. "Look up." he said. I did so and above us was this giant floating alien...something. Who knows. Some giant artifact. It scared the shit out me. So Cory starts swimming out to it and I can see he's off the map now. And he says over teamspeak. "I'm here directly under it. Holy crap it's huge." And I'm screaming back "Come back! You're off the map. you're going to die!" Later we were in a capital city and there was a holo projector of that alien construct and we flipped out. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

- I accidentally salvaged (disenchanted) a costume piece I earned by leveling up in my path. It's a part of a set I'll never be able to complete and I actually considered starting over (I'm level 23 now), because I'm so mad at myself over it.

Yeah I'm hooked. I'm playing every night. And from what I can tell, there's already an endgame set up just waiting for us. But I'm in no rush to get there. I'm well beyond the level of the zone I'm playing in but I want to finish every single quest, task and challenge before I move on.

I mean, I have not even tried out Dungeons, raids or warplots yet. And again, I'm in no rush, because I'm having so much fun. And it's just this wealth of content laid out before me and I sometimes it's a little overwhelming actually. There's just SO MUCH TO DO. Which is a good thing.

If you haven't considered trying Wildstar yet, maybe because you've been let down by other MMOs post-WoW, maybe reconsider. I certainly don't regret the decision.

Heh, bolded part speaks to me...

Some Rogue
06-11-2014, 10:59 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/Nekk140611194517_zpsc17a0d5c.png (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/lrenzo2/media/Nekk140611194517_zpsc17a0d5c.png.html)

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BADASS! THE ENEMIES ARE SHITTING THEIR PANTS NOW! OH YEAH!

Androidpk
06-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Not particularly. I was playing LoL and Diablo 3 for a long time before Wildstar :P

Did you ever play with Gizmo and Loyrl when Diablo 3 first game out?

Gizmo
06-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Did you ever play with Gizmo and Loyrl when Diablo 3 first game out?

I don't think he played with me, but I don't remember. I know Loyrl did for a few and he recently got back into RoS.

I quit playing PC games about two weeks ago for the time being while I am busy with other things, 2 diablo accounts and such can wait.

Androidpk
06-11-2014, 11:12 PM
I played with you two for a short while on hardcore but I vaguely remember someone else from the PC as well, can't remember who.

Some Rogue
06-12-2014, 12:30 AM
It wasn't me.

SpiffyJr
06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/lrenzo2/Nekk140611194517_zpsc17a0d5c.png (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/lrenzo2/media/Nekk140611194517_zpsc17a0d5c.png.html)

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BADASS! THE ENEMIES ARE SHITTING THEIR PANTS NOW! OH YEAH!

Dora the Explorer called. She needs help getting to Candy Mountain.

Some Rogue
06-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Go back to grinding in that dying game that's only been out for what, 2 months? :laser:

SpiffyJr
06-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Shots fired!

Gelston
06-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Hey, they did their first wave of bans on bots on the 18th... Supposedly a lot of folks with Tap That (or other minigame performing addons) were banned... Any of you get that?

Some Rogue
06-25-2014, 07:48 PM
I have it. Not banned yet.

Gelston
07-02-2014, 03:30 AM
Any of yall messing with the new strain content?

Also, if you haven't already, type /strain in game... Actually, spam the shit out of it. In a crowded area. For fun.

Dendum
07-02-2014, 03:37 AM
Saw this comment on an mmo news website...thought it was funny. Guy had started multiple threads complaining about the slow response time of customer service about his ban.

http://mmofallout.com/carbine-staff-knocks-down-cheater-on-forums/

I’m assuming that with your posting here that you don’t mind us talking about your account status in public. I have a spare moment before my next meeting and am doing this on a lark. I understand this opens me up to “oh oh oh my ticket” which I don’t intend to keep up with. I am a fickle beast. You, and your alts, were reported a number of time by players for AFK Botting. We found you afk botting in a PvP Match (which as you know, was a really big issue for us – which is now better thanks to AddOns no longer being able to join matches automatically, among other things). We did our secret stuff … okay afk bot confirmation doesn’t take much clandestine stuff once we are on top of you. We sent you tells over time and you never reacted and continued doing the same thing over and over.

We closed your account. You opened up a ticket in question, asking for us to give you your account back. In that opening salvo of asking us for getting your account back, you admited that you were afk botting while doing homework. You then added 5 replies in two days to the ticket with various stages of pleading/begging. Including internet meme pictures. (http://i2.kym-cdn.co…392/289/116.gif). A few agents have investigated it internally and found your account to be worthy of permanent closure. You are exactly the problem case players have been pleading for us to remove from our game. We agree with them.

Now, why we’ve taken some time to tell you that your ban will not be overturned I’m not sure. So thank you for bringing that to my attention, however you’ll forgive me if we don’t prioritize deserved-to-be-banned-customers over paying ones right now.

Gelston
07-02-2014, 03:55 AM
Oh god, you should see the Wildstar forums. Everytime they do a bot ban sweep, so many people post complaining about being banned/suspended. They all claim they were hacked or that Carbine's security is breached... Every single person complaining has also never had the 2 step auth, which... You know... You should totally have. They are also very willing to call out someone on the forums for being full of shit. It is amazing.

The whole thread on it is pretty damn amazing https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/86512-please-carbine-10-days-i-just-want-a-response-to-ticket/

Parkbandit
07-02-2014, 07:56 AM
Saw this comment on an mmo news website...thought it was funny. Guy had started multiple threads complaining about the slow response time of customer service about his ban.

http://mmofallout.com/carbine-staff-knocks-down-cheater-on-forums/

That response is fucking awesome.

Kalishar
07-02-2014, 01:53 PM
I just started playing this yesterday, seems enjoyable so far. Reminds me of WoW, but sci-fi. I started a Dominion character and the first time I saw the hologram of the emperor for a split second my brain was like, "Kael'thas? Is that you?"

Jace Solo
07-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Right?

I think a lot of us are Dom on Caretaker server. At least, if a lot of us means me and Somerogue

Some Rogue
07-02-2014, 02:43 PM
What he is saying is I am kind of a big deal...

Gelston
07-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I'm on Evindra. My main is exile now though. :D

Kalishar
07-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I'm on Evindra. Dominion though. I usually choose RP servers when playing MMO's not because there's more roleplay, but because it seems there is less asshatery. Probably an illusion in my own mind though.

Gelston
07-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I'm on Evindra. Dominion though. I usually choose RP servers when playing MMO's not because there's more roleplay, but because it seems there is less asshatery. Probably an illusion in my own mind though.

Yeah, usually why I pick them.

Gelston
07-07-2014, 02:33 AM
Any of yall able to do The Forgotten Trial? We had 24, got past the first storm surge, got past the add, but the second surge kills us.

Gelston
07-07-2014, 02:34 AM
It is the raid boss in Wilderrun btw.

Gelston
07-07-2014, 04:15 AM
BTW, if you don't have two step auth, I am laughing at you.

Gelston
07-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Free mount for everyone with 2 step auth starting tomorrow.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/img/articles/thumbs/retroblade-mount.jpg

Gelston
07-25-2014, 05:07 PM
More free trials going out..

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/free-trial-giveaway/

Gizmo
07-25-2014, 06:44 PM
More free trials going out..

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/free-trial-giveaway/

How's the game holding up now Gel? I was optimistic in the beginning since I didn't wanna be let down like I was in ToR. Played Beta and Enjoyed it, just wasn't sure how strong or long the game would last

Gelston
07-25-2014, 09:40 PM
How's the game holding up now Gel? I was optimistic in the beginning since I didn't wanna be let down like I was in ToR. Played Beta and Enjoyed it, just wasn't sure how strong or long the game would last

I think it is doing fine as far as the US servers. You'll run into the "OMG THIS GAME IS DYING" people on the official forums, but I've seen that in pretty much every newer MMO. The combat is more fun than any other I've ever done as well.

Gizmo
07-25-2014, 10:15 PM
I think it is doing fine as far as the US servers. You'll run into the "OMG THIS GAME IS DYING" people on the official forums, but I've seen that in pretty much every newer MMO. The combat is more fun than any other I've ever done as well.

Yeah, one thing I liked about it was the "Skill shot" or telegraph combat system, which did away with the 100% auto aiming crap alot of MMOs still use. Still up in the air about it, maybe I'll have to look back into more since as of now I have no MMOs on my plate and don't really foresee me picking anything else up soon in the same genre.

Gelston
07-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Not to mention, on many servers CREDD go for about 4 or 5 plat, which you can make pretty easily (at cap) in 4 to 5 days... Just doing dailies.

You basically play for free.

Gizmo
07-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Not to mention, on many servers CREDD go for about 4 or 5 plat, which you can make pretty easily (at cap) in 4 to 5 days... Just doing dailies.

You basically play for free.

Yeah I heard about that.

How's the PvP now?

Gelston
07-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Yeah I heard about that.

How's the PvP now?

Don't really care for PvP much. I'm putting together my guild's raid group though. We are about halfway there, but don't quite have 20 50s yet that can really commit to the days.

SHAFT
07-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Don't really care for PvP much. I'm putting together my guild's raid group though. We are about halfway there, but don't quite have 20 50s yet that can really commit to the days.

I'm afraid if I get to lvl 50 I'll want to join a raid group. Then I'm screwed. How are the raids by the way?

Gelston
07-26-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm afraid if I get to lvl 50 I'll want to join a raid group. Then I'm screwed. How are the raids by the way?

Haven't been to one yet! There are some guilds that have already been hitting them for a bit, but we currently only have like 3 people fully attuned out of 20. We have hit some of the zone bosses a guild, which you could consider a raid, and it is fun, but I can't wait for the real stuff.

Kinda wish they had 10 man raids.

Gizmo
07-26-2014, 01:23 PM
My biggest concern, like all other MMOs I ponder playing that are out for a few months, is how far behind I'd be in terms of obtaining gear.

One reason why I almost didn't play ToR was because I came into it late, luckily at one point I Joined the best PvP guild on our server so getting the gear didn't take entirely too too long, but was annoying

SHAFT
07-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Catching up in WoW wasn't too bad. Guilds would help you get geared.

Gizmo
07-26-2014, 07:42 PM
What server are most people on in Wildstar too?

Some Rogue
07-26-2014, 08:48 PM
I was on Caretaker but have pretty much stopped playing. It seemed to be pretty active when I was playing.

Gelston
07-26-2014, 11:16 PM
I am on Evindra, the RP server. I prefer them because most people rolling on them are usually older. This server is going strong.

Gizmo
07-28-2014, 10:21 AM
I am on Evindra, the RP server. I prefer them because most people rolling on them are usually older. This server is going strong.

Which faction? I'm installing it now so I'll probably hop on there once it's all over with

Taernath
07-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Which faction? I'm installing it now so I'll probably hop on there once it's all over with

Space Horde.

Actually I don't know.

Gelston
07-28-2014, 04:55 PM

I'm on both of them.

Gizmo
07-28-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm on both of them.

Gotcha. I went ahead and made a Dominion Mechari Stalker, named KabukiTV

Gelston
11-28-2018, 07:36 PM
As of November 28 at 2pm PST, the North American and European WildStar game service has closed. Thank you to everyone who joined us on this grand adventure across Nexus!

Taernath
11-28-2018, 08:31 PM
Oh wow, I had no idea. I'm actually a little sad, I kept meaning to go back and finish leveling but never got around to it. Guess I'll just add all the achievements through SAM.

Gelston
11-28-2018, 09:06 PM
Oh wow, I had no idea. I'm actually a little sad, I kept meaning to go back and finish leveling but never got around to it. Guess I'll just add all the achievements through SAM.

I had just thought about the game the other day and thought about going to go play and then I saw that on FB today. That game would have been amazing on console, but NCSoft strikes again.

Taernath
11-28-2018, 10:05 PM
It was overall an enjoyable MMO with decent gameplay. I guess it was pretty hardcore when it came to raiding? Was that why it failed? Or just general MMO management fuckery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0dXDz9qoY

Gelston
11-28-2018, 10:19 PM
It was overall an enjoyable MMO with decent gameplay. I guess it was pretty hardcore when it came to raiding? Was that why it failed? Or just general MMO management fuckery?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0dXDz9qoY

The raiding was hard to get into and they were very ambitious with the game. I think the smallest raid was 32 people at release, 64 was the largest. Ultimately, I think the game failed because it was owned by NCSoft.