PDA

View Full Version : Valuable skins

Telfaahga
09-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Anyone can tell me some of the critters with valuable skins from like 8-20 trains if you know how much on average to that would help, or is there a website out there with this info?

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 01:15 PM
It depends how good you are at skinning, how many skins are being skinned, how good you are at selling, how clean the kills are and lots of stuff.
I would say though that the stuff down Gyldemar way is probably one of the better ones

Telfaahga
09-24-2004, 01:18 PM
The stuff in Gyldemar is way over 20 trains though I thought. I am a good skinner I 2x first aid and survival use a skinning knife and always kneel, as far as selling i'm not sure what you mean by that. Trading?

Also how big of a difference does 604 make when skinning?

[Edited on 9-24-2004 by Telfaahga]

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 01:23 PM
great stag 13 stag Quadruped No
brindlecat 13 Quadruped

604 helps a lot
And either trading or not being a dark elf in Illistim or both

[Edited on 24-9-04 by Nieninque]

longshot
09-24-2004, 01:47 PM
In the past, the value of a skin determined how you killed the monster.

A clean neck shot pelt was worth more than a long, drawn out battle where you smack it in the back and chest 10 times.

Wezas
09-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
It depends how good you are at skinning, how many skins are being skinned, how good you are at selling, how clean the kills are and lots of stuff.

Oh, so now you're for skinning.

I see how it is.

<waits for his post to be deleted with a U2U from a mod>

Stunseed
09-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Pumas in the abbey of Icemule sell for alot, too. Shambler eyes are well, but for 17 trains, Shamblers can fuck you up easily.

Xcalibur
09-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Cyclops

Easy to kill, easy to skin and generate fast

Chemical Ali McBeal
09-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by longshot

A clean neck shot pelt was worth more than a long, drawn out battle where you smack it in the back and chest 10 times.

Sounds like one of my bonespear hunts. No wonder my waern furs are always so worthless.

Edited to add: Puma and centaur hides near bonespear are fairly valuable. Also, the coyotes on the west road. Oh, and generally any of the animals outside Icemule's east gate. Something else that's good to know is that the Icemule furrier has little to no bias against dark elves. Or, at least, he gives me the same price as the landing guy.

[Edited on 9-24-2004 by Chemical Ali McBeal]

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

I see how it is.

:rofl:

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Chemical Ali McBeal

Sounds like one of my bonespear hunts. No wonder my waern furs are always so worthless.

I was killing Waerns in the eye. I am singled in first aid and survival and almost singled in trading. I hunted with 604 up.

I was still getting 300-500 silvers a skin.
Waerns suck since the changes.

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 02:06 PM
I seem to recall pumas and lions in Vaalor selling well too.

Chemical Ali McBeal
09-24-2004, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Chemical Ali McBeal

I was killing Waerns in the eye. I am singled in first aid and survival and almost singled in trading. I hunted with 604 up.

I was still getting 300-500 silvers a skin.
Waerns suck since the changes. ]

Perhaps it's because they're a few levels over me. Or perhaps I'm just entirely unlucky. Likely both are true.

Keller
09-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

I see how it is.

I was totally going to point this out, but I didn't want to aggrivate the situation. Glad you did. :D

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 02:14 PM
It was funny.

Drew
09-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Pumas and shamblers in Icemule

Nieninque
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Shamblers in Vaalor are good too and they live with wights that also have good loot, but as someone already said they hit hard.

Telfaahga
09-24-2004, 02:51 PM
a pair of forked antlers, a pair of spike antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of spike antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of spike antlers, a rack of four-tined antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a rack of five-tined antlers, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a pair of spike antlers, a rack of four-tined antlers, a pair of spike antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide

The furrier hands it back to you, along with 10353 silver

Wezas
09-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Wezas scratches at his brindlecat fur coat.

Nakiro
09-25-2004, 04:05 AM
Too bad I milked out myklians.

Oh well, there is always next friday. Seems like a good way to burn some XXX.

Nieninque
09-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Telfaahga
a pair of forked antlers, a pair of spike antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of spike antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of spike antlers, a rack of four-tined antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a tawny brindlecat hide, a rack of five-tined antlers, a pair of forked antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide, a pair of forked antlers, a pair of spike antlers, a rack of four-tined antlers, a pair of spike antlers, a tawny brindlecat hide

Pleased it worked out for you

StrayRogue
09-25-2004, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Telfaahga

Pleased it worked out for you

Heh, I pull down 10x that on an average hunt. The critters are only level 40 too.

Telfaahga
09-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Well those are only 13 and that was not a full hunt that was like 7 minutes, I been bringing in 30-40k a hunt.

Mistomeer
09-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah, whoever caused them to make skinning changes sucks.

Artha
09-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Heh, I pull down 10x that on an average hunt. The critters are only level 40 too.

I'm going to figure out where you hunt and then get mad $$$.

edit: I am now pretty sure I know what you hunt. I just can't get there :'(

[Edited on 9-25-2004 by Artha]

Nieninque
09-25-2004, 12:22 PM
I know where he hunts

Telfaahga
09-26-2004, 08:04 PM
Yay for me I made my first million from skinning took me two about two days. This seems to be the best way to make coins well at least for me.

Tsa`ah
09-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Smokey caves, Lyserian Hills.

Fire cats, rats and striped warcats.

Tails and whiskers used to sell for a nice chunk at the earlier levels. With the first skinning change that affected skin quality, required you just not do head shots on the cats or lower body shots on the rats.

I have no idea how this area is now or how well the skins sell.

Telfaahga
09-26-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm in Illistim so is it better to go for one kill neck shot because thats what I have been doing while having 604 continually on. I noticed that sometimes I get like 700-800 for a skin then some of the same kind I get 100 -200 but whatever it seems to be working and I will hopefully get to 10 million quick.