PDA

View Full Version : I too would like your opinion!

diethx
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
This is actually for a friend of mine who's trying to secure a position in our marketing department. I told her that I would ask here.

I just need to know your gender/age, and an answer to these questions:

Do you eat fast food? If so, do you eat Arby's? I'm not asking if you have ever eaten it. I'm asking if you DO eat it. Do you like to eat there? For example, I have eaten there but I generally do not eat Arby's if given a choice.

If not (to either or both), why?

Taernath
04-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Do I eat Arby's like, have I ever eaten Arby's or... have I eaten Arby's recently?

cwolff
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
This is actually for a friend of mine who's trying to secure a position in our marketing department. I told her that I would ask here.

Do you eat fast food? If so, do you eat Arby's?

Tricky Tricky.

Gompers
04-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Male, 31, No.

Fast food is unappealing to me. Fast food roast beef even more-so. I think I ate Arby's once as a kid, (family roadtrip?) I remember my father yelling at me because I wouldn't finish my horrible roast beef sandwich.

diethx
04-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Do I eat Arby's like, have I ever eaten Arby's or... have I eaten Arby's recently?

You're way over-thinking this question. I'm asking if you like to eat Arby's.

cwolff
04-18-2014, 08:27 PM

What! That's all? I over-thought it too. It's because my recuiter said to me
Recruiter: "Have a seat there buddy, and welcome aboard, I just have a couple easy questions to ask you. When's the last time you got high?"
Me: "Last Month Sir! I mean... Oh shit."

SHAFT
04-18-2014, 08:28 PM
I do like Arby's. I eat there maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I worked at Arby's from age 14-18. It was a good place to work.

31/m. I do not regularly eat fast food. Although if given a choice, I would choose Arby's over damn near all fast food joints. Except in n out. And not for the roast beef. I enjoy the market fresh sandwiches when I do go to Arby's.

Taernath
04-18-2014, 08:39 PM

Now you're asking whether or not I like it! Poorly phrased questions lead to bad poll results, just ask Latrinestorm.

32/M
yes/meh

I think the last time I had something from there was over a year ago, and while it's not bad it's not a place I actively seek out.

Tgo01
04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I love Arby's. I don't eat there regularly though, like maybe half a dozen times a year. I love their Reuben sandwich. Mmmm Mmmm MMMMM!

Back
male - old

I don't eat a lot of fast food these days. When I do Arby's would be very low on the list. Even if I do go to Arby's I usually do drive through.

The Arby's I've been to aren't bad places. Always clean, service is always good, prices are fine.

I guess why I only do it occasionally is that I don't eat a lot of beef. And when I do eat beef I'm not interested in thin sliced stanky roast beef. I'm more interested in a good grilled ribeye, a quality burger, or some other quality cooked beef. I'm not even a prime rib guy. Thats waay to much.

Latrinsorm
Male/29
Yes
No - don't care for sandwiches or turkey
No

Tgo01
04-18-2014, 08:43 PM
As to why I don't eat at Arby's more often I would have to say it's the lack of topless women working there. Seriously. Who do I talk to about fixing this problem?

diethx
04-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Now you're asking whether or not I like it! Poorly phrased questions lead to bad poll results, just ask Latrinestorm.

32/M
yes/meh

I think the last time I had something from there was over a year ago, and while it's not bad it's not a place I actively seek out.

No. I'm asking if you eat there. If you do, why? If you don't, why? The "if you don't, why?" could be answered by things such as, 1) I don't like the food. 2) I don't like the prices. 3) There isn't one close enough to my house/work. etc etc etc

As to why I don't eat at Arby's more often I would have to say it's the lack of topless women working there. Seriously. Who do I talk to about fixing this problem?

Well, all you guys need to do is be honest in your answers and then my friend can get her job in marketing and she can bring that up!

diethx
04-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Male, 31, No.

Fast food is unappealing to me. Fast food roast beef even more-so. I think I ate Arby's once as a kid, (family roadtrip?) I remember my father yelling at me because I wouldn't finish my horrible roast beef sandwich.

Would you be surprised to learn that we actually have quite a few tasty alternatives that don't involve horrible roast beef?

Back
04-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Arby's tried some new menu offerings a while back. That brought me in. Unfortunately they weren't that good. I forget what it was they tried that I did not like. Their standard roast beef is their staple and I like it on occasion. I thought their Marketfresh Sandwiches were a great offering.

Breakfast options might be a good thing. Or something grilled.

SHAFT
04-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Would you be surprised to learn that we actually have quite a few tasty alternatives that don't involve horrible roast beef?

You work for Arby's I take it?

Taernath
04-18-2014, 09:00 PM

Do you work there?

diethx
04-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Yes, in the support center (corporate office).

diethx
04-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Arby's tried some new menu offerings a while back. That brought me in. Unfortunately they weren't that good. I forget what it was they tried that I did not like. Their standard roast beef is their staple and I like it on occasion. I thought their Marketfresh Sandwiches were a great offering.

Breakfast options might be a good thing. Or something grilled.

Market fresh are actually always on the menu, except for the chicken salad which is seasonal. Some restaurants do have breakfast, too, just not all of them. I totally agree with you on the grilled bit though.

Ker_Thwap
04-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Male/50 No. There are no Arbys near me. I find the uniformity of the gelatinous meat strangely comforting, and no worse than any other fast food. I prefer the taste and texture of real roast beef, but I won't order it at a standard sandwich shop as you're liable to get a big fatty veiny bit.

SHAFT
04-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes, in the support center (corporate office).

Do your checks come from sybra (Arby's spelled backwards)?

waywardgs
04-18-2014, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't touch their weird shaved mystery meat sandwiches with a ski pole, but the market fresh whatevers are ok. I think I've been there maybe half a dozen times in the last five years, so not a lot.

Back
04-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Arby's is all about the sawce. Dial me in for some horsey horseradish sawce.

Back
04-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Damn, now I want some Arby's roastbeef with swiss and some horsey sauce and curly fries.

diethx
04-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Do your checks come from sybra (Arby's spelled backwards)?

I have DD and our AP checks print out Arby's Restaurant Group. We don't use Sybra anymore... but lots of business licenses are still addressed as such. lol

diethx
04-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Damn, now I want some Arby's roastbeef with swiss and some horsey sauce and curly fries.

Well CLEARLY the answer is to go get some.

I've been told I'm a fabulous brand ambassador. Hehe.

waywardgs
04-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Yeah I'm down with the horsey suave for sure.

Warriorbird
04-19-2014, 01:56 AM
34/M

Yes, yes, sometimes. I would eat there more if there was more stuff without ranch/mayo on it. If I do, I typically get one of the market fresh items or sometimes seasonal turkey or chicken.

Tenlaar
04-19-2014, 02:33 AM
I would eat there more if there was more stuff without ranch/mayo on it.

You mean more stuff like...anything that you order while saying no ranch/mayo?

Warriorbird
04-19-2014, 02:40 AM
You mean more stuff like...anything that you order while saying no ranch/mayo?

Have you ever tried to have stuff removed from a typical fast food order? It only works about 2 times out of three. I merely dislike ranch/mayo. I'm allergic to ketchup, and there's a great tendency to fail to not put it on when I request it at fast food places.

Tsk Tsk
04-19-2014, 09:24 AM
29/F. I have to be in the right mood for Arbys. I'll eat there a few times a year, usually on road trips. I don't like their breakfast but they make some fantastic mozzarella sticks.

Latrinsorm
04-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Have you ever tried to have stuff removed from a typical fast food order? It only works about 2 times out of three. I merely dislike ranch/mayo. I'm allergic to ketchup, and there's a great tendency to fail to not put it on when I request it at fast food places.A friend of mine gave me a great tip in college: just say you're allergic to whatever you don't want on it. It's even (partially) true in your case!

Warriorbird
04-19-2014, 01:09 PM
A friend of mine gave me a great tip in college: just say you're allergic to whatever you don't want on it. It's even (partially) true in your case!

Sadly this is even when I tell them. Thankfully I'm driving much less lately so doing fast food less.

Latrinsorm
04-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Sadly this is even when I tell them. Thankfully I'm driving much less lately so doing fast food less.Oh I forgot, you live in the South. Okay so step 1 is move back to America, where people take lawsuits seriously.

Warriorbird
04-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Oh I forgot, you live in the South. Okay so step 1 is move back to America, where people take lawsuits seriously.

All your fellow party members seem to want nobody to take lawsuits seriously up there too. I've heard "Tort reform!!!!" quite a lot from people who aren't Parkbandit/Methais.

Tenlaar
04-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Everything south of NYC is not the south, Lartran!

But really, never in my life have I had a problem leaving a fast food restaurant with things how I ordered them. I just...you know...check before I leave.

Warriorbird
04-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Everything south of NYC is not the south, Lartran!

But really, never in my life have I had a problem leaving a fast food restaurant with things how I ordered them. I just...you know...check before I leave.

It does tend to work a lot better when you don't drive through.

Latrinsorm
04-19-2014, 01:29 PM
All your fellow party members seem to want nobody to take lawsuits seriously up there too. I've heard "Tort reform!!!!" quite a lot from people who aren't Parkbandit/Methais.Yeah but we don't take them seriously so it doesn't amount to anything. I mean come on, who listens to a Republican in New England? Pfft. PFFFFT!
Everything south of NYC is not the south, Lartran!NYC is the hub and therefore center of the universe, so... pretty much yes it is. (Philly is close enough.)

Savrin
04-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Male,

No, the only fast food I eat is deli, or subway.

Tgo01
04-21-2014, 08:05 PM
This thread reminded me that I needed to eat Arby's today. They have a new brisket sandwich that is quite yummy!

If my arteries explode I'm blaming you, diethx. I'm an American dammit, I can't control myself.

Keller
04-21-2014, 08:14 PM
32/M

No. I eat actual food.

No. I do not view it as food fit for human consumption.

Laviticas
04-21-2014, 08:23 PM
43/m

Eating any fast food past 40 And you pay, so it's not often I roll the fast food dice. Arby's would be in the upper part of my top 10 least risky fast food joints. I also agree with tgo, their Reuben is pretty good considering the source and not being a NYC deli.

Buckwheet
04-21-2014, 08:35 PM
33/M There is only five things I enjoy at Arbys and four food items I ever get from Arbys. I questioned calling the sauce a food item.

1. Curly Fries
2. Soda
3. Mozarella Sticks
4. Sauce

5. Empty restaurant with Wifi for impromptu brain storming sessions.

Laviticas
04-21-2014, 09:04 PM
33/M There is only five things I enjoy at Arbys and four food items I ever get from Arbys. I questioned calling the sauce a food item.

1. Curly Fries
2. Soda
3. Mozarella Sticks
4. Sauce

5. Empty restaurant with Wifi for impromptu brain storming sessions.

Jimmy Carter wanted a ketchup packet to count as a fruit & vegi serving for the school lunch program, so take it for what you will.

Ker_Thwap
04-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Jimmy Carter wanted a ketchup packet to count as a fruit & vegi serving for the school lunch program, so take it for what you will.

I met Jimmy when he was campaigning, so I can call him Jimmy. My uncle was on his secret service travel detail. I was like 12 or whatever and didn't give a crap.

Warriorbird
04-21-2014, 09:26 PM

I always thought "ketchup is a vegetable" was Ronald Reagan. I wonder if it's an urban legend.

Ah. Clarification.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2517/did-the-reagan-era-usda-really-classify-ketchup-as-a-vegetable

Aluvius
04-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Yes, it was under Reagan, not Carter. Odd how these things get distorted by time.

Laviticas
04-22-2014, 11:55 PM
It was Reagan, it's easy to see how this would get distorted through time, it was right after Reagan took office for his first term. Ok damn it, Reagan said ketchup is a vegi, either way you can count it.

AnticorRifling
04-23-2014, 08:46 AM
33/M

Do you eat fast food? Yes.

If so, do you eat Arby's? Rarely.

If not (to either or both), why? For the money I can get better quality chow elsewhere.

Johnny Five
04-23-2014, 09:26 AM
29/M

If so, do you eat Arby's? When I can.

Do I like to eat there? Yes. The Roast Beef MAX reminds me of the first time I went down on a girl.

waywardgs
04-23-2014, 09:28 AM
29/M

Do I like to eat there? Yes. The Roast Beef MAX reminds me of the first time I went down on a girl.

Were you working as a nurse aide at a retirement home at the time?

cwolff
04-23-2014, 09:45 AM
29/M

:ban:

Atlanteax
04-23-2014, 10:00 AM
If a worker is doing Arby's for lunch, I ask them to bring back some large fries, which is the only 'good' fast-food Arby's has.

Back
06-05-2014, 12:32 AM
I found myself at an Arby's tonight. It was not my intention to go there but I saw the French Swiss and Dip. Usually I get two classic roast beef with swiss with a horesy sauce pack. The French Swiss and Dip was all that and more. Dipping my roast beef with swiss and horsey sauce into the Dip created a good flavor. An umami. Pretty damn good.

Elantari
06-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Arby's has decent curly fries. Those aren't disgusting. That's about all I can say in their favor. They used to have decent shakes, but these days, I find their shakes to be incredibly inconsistent and generally to suck balls. Their sandwiches are utter trash. A shit piece of bread topped with crappy roast beef and some disgusting cheese substitute does not a good sandwich make. I never go to Arby's anymore. I find it hard to believe that this pathetic chain still manages to remain in business. It is clearly run by incompetent idiots. You are a moron if you want to purchase a franchise from these retards.

Back
09-30-2014, 03:23 PM

Do you eat fast food? If so, do you eat Arby's? I'm not asking if you have ever eaten it. I'm asking if you DO eat it. Do you like to eat there? For example, I have eaten there but I generally do not eat Arby's if given a choice.

Did she get the job?

Only reason I ask is because I've noticed Arby's is running a new campaign, "We have the Meats", that was kind of touched on in this thread.

Elgrim
09-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Since this thread got necro'ed, I figured I'd answer

41/M

Do you eat fast food? Unfortunately, yes.

If so, do you eat Arby's? Again, yes, too often. There is one about 1/4 mile from my house, making it far too convenient when we don't feel like cooking.

My favorite has always been the Beef N Cheddar, even though I hate cheese sauce. For some reason that sweet dressing they put on the sandwich makes up for the crappy cheese sauce. I'm also a big fan of the crispy onion stacker or whatever they call that little double bun thingy.

Interesting story about Arby's, and I'm not sure how true it is. A friend's wife was a chemist and she worked for a company in Texas that did some kind of testing for nutritional values or something for fast food chains. They were sent all sorts of raw materials for various chains to test. The Arby's roast beef came to them as a liquid or paste if I'm remembering the conversation correctly. I guess they cook it later which solidifies it.

Still tastes good to me. :)

JackWhisper
09-30-2014, 05:18 PM
It all ends up as paste in your butthole anyways. What do you care what it looks like at the start, as long as it's visually satisfying and palatable?

SHAFT
09-30-2014, 05:40 PM
That is true about Arby's. The meat comes in frozen, about the size of a shoebox, and the stuff is wrapped in plastic. When it's thawed, it's a thick, paste-like substance. They put in the oven for a period of time and then slice it later.

Androidpk
09-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Ewww

Back
09-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Since this thread got necro'ed, I figured I'd answer

41/M

Do you eat fast food? Unfortunately, yes.

If so, do you eat Arby's? Again, yes, too often. There is one about 1/4 mile from my house, making it far too convenient when we don't feel like cooking.

My favorite has always been the Beef N Cheddar, even though I hate cheese sauce. For some reason that sweet dressing they put on the sandwich makes up for the crappy cheese sauce. I'm also a big fan of the crispy onion stacker or whatever they call that little double bun thingy.

Interesting story about Arby's, and I'm not sure how true it is. A friend's wife was a chemist and she worked for a company in Texas that did some kind of testing for nutritional values or something for fast food chains. They were sent all sorts of raw materials for various chains to test. The Arby's roast beef came to them as a liquid or paste if I'm remembering the conversation correctly. I guess they cook it later which solidifies it.

Still tastes good to me. :)

http://firstandmonday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Mind-Blown-Kramer.gif

diethx
10-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Did she get the job?

Only reason I ask is because I've noticed Arby's is running a new campaign, "We have the Meats", that was kind of touched on in this thread.

Nuh uh. And yes, we have a new campaign.

Also, as far as the roast beef being paste thing... I dunno how long ago Shaft last worked at Arby's, but when I did my in store training, it wasn't paste-y before it was cooked. I can't say what it used to be like. Probably lower quality than it is now, and the roast beef is still lower quality than the other cow meats.