PDA

View Full Version : Lich not responding!!

Wab
04-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

I have just recent come back to gemstone after a couple of years of not playing. I have this new little rinky-dink laptop with windows 7 starter i found and decided to try and play again. i completely reformatted the laptop, downloaded the latest version of lich, ruby, etc. This is what i get when i long into lich.

--- Lich: lnet active.

This is apparently the first time you've run updater.lic

These scripts have been added to your update list: updater, repository, lnet, infomon, spell-list.xml, go2, narost, gameobj-data.xml
Lich has been set to update automatically.
map.dat has been set to update automatically.

If you'd like to change these settings, kill this script (;k updater) and use ;updater help
Otherwise, unpause this script to continue. (;u updater)

--- Lich: updater paused.

LichNet welcomes you, Fisthus
www.lichproject.org - Don't read this.

Well when i try to unpause the updater nothing happens. None of the lich commands do anything and once i try to enter any lich commands i can no longer move or speak with my character. i have tried everything i know possible to do, reinstall everything, all that jazz and nothing is working, ive even let it sit for 10-15minutes, run as admin, etc etc and still nothing. i remember having this problem in the years past but i dont remember what i did to fix it. any suggestions before i break this laptop over my knee???

masterdtwin
04-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

I have just recent come back to gemstone after a couple of years of not playing. I have this new little rinky-dink laptop with windows 7 starter i found and decided to try and play again. i completely reformatted the laptop, downloaded the latest version of lich, ruby, etc. This is what i get when i long into lich.

These scripts have been added to your update list: updater, repository, lnet, infomon, spell-list.xml, go2, narost, gameobj-data.xml

If you'd like to change these settings, kill this script (;k updater) and use ;updater help

Well when i try to unpause the updater nothing happens. None of the lich commands do anything and once i try to enter any lich commands i can no longer move or speak with my character. i have tried everything i know possible to do, reinstall everything, all that jazz and nothing is working, ive even let it sit for 10-15minutes, run as admin, etc etc and still nothing. i remember having this problem in the years past but i dont remember what i did to fix it. any suggestions before i break this laptop over my knee???

1. What OS did you install

2. Do you have a host firewall?

3. Do you have an antivirus?

4. have you tried killing the updater (;k) and then running it manually (;updater)

Mahlrem
04-08-2014, 09:13 AM
I had that happen and someone suggested this... it worked for me. Something to do with syncing character settings. I'm not sure if it'll work for you, but it's easy to try.

1) Log in normally, without Lich, and let your character sit for a minute.

2) Log in with Lich again.

3) Enjoy Lich.

AnticorRifling
04-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

Hi there!

Did you check to see if this thread http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?82552-Don-t-sell-to-Headrush fixed your problem?

masterdtwin
04-08-2014, 02:44 PM
I had that happen and someone suggested this... it worked for me. Something to do with syncing character settings. I'm not sure if it'll work for you, but it's easy to try.

1) Log in normally, without Lich, and let your character sit for a minute.

2) Log in with Lich again.

3) Enjoy Lich.

You forgot step 1b

Once you log in normally, go to a different room. For some reason moving to a different room actually helps (seriously).

AnticorRifling
04-08-2014, 02:53 PM
You forgot step 1b

Once you log in normally, go to a different room. For some reason moving to a different room actually helps (seriously).

I think step 1 should be:

1) Don't scam a member of the PC then later ask the PC for help.

Whirlin
04-08-2014, 04:16 PM
I think step 1 should be:

1) Don't scam a member of the PC then later ask the PC for help.

I did a search on the Headrush thread, and didn't see any search results for Wab or Fisthus... is it the same IP?

AnticorRifling
04-08-2014, 04:35 PM
I did a search on the Headrush thread, and didn't see any search results for Wab or Fisthus... is it the same IP?

I'd look at post 4 in that thread, transaction details, sender name. Take those initials then look at Wab as W.A.B....also something something registration info matching admin powers etc.

Mahlrem
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
That's some good detective work. I'll leave my reply up since it doesn't seem like an uncommon problem and maybe it'll help someone worth helping later.

waywardgs
04-08-2014, 08:31 PM
He just got Rocktarred.