PDA

View Full Version : Is the PC Over-moderated?

Psykos
09-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Thanks for your input.

Artha
09-20-2004, 07:26 PM
No.

CrystalTears
09-20-2004, 07:29 PM
:?: :wtf: are you talking about?

You got your hand slapped over something huh? Cause only people that actually get moderated seem to complain about moderation in the first place.

Psykos
09-20-2004, 07:30 PM
It was just a question... chill out a little bit. I'm not complaining at all. Hence, the lack of complaining.

Psykos

Originally posted by CrystalTears
:?: :wtf: are you talking about?

You got your hand slapped over something huh? Cause only people that actually get moderated seem to complain about moderation in the first place.

CrystalTears
09-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Nothing to chill out about. I thought it was a fucked up question to ask in the first place. Why ask if you don't care?

And I apologize if it came off that way. Was away for a weekend to come back and see a thread about PC moderating. I get sensitive about that. Sorry! :P

[Edited on 9/20/2004 by CrystalTears]

Psykos
09-20-2004, 07:34 PM
I never said, I don't care. I just said I wasn't upset -- Huge difference. Please take a midol.

CrystalTears
09-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Like I said, didn't make sense to make a thread unless there was motivation. But fine. I'll take my midol if you take that stick out of your ass.

Drew
09-20-2004, 07:36 PM
I think it's under-moderated sometimes.

Chadj
CT is a total bitch, but I :heart: her anyways.

No, this place is not overmoderated.

Psykos
I'm homosexual, a stick in my ass would be more than welcome, provided there were no splinters.. well maybe that even wouldn't be that bad. :)

Jolena
09-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I'm sure there have been instances where a thread has been over moderated, under moderated etc. However, being a mod isn't always a black and white area, there is probably a lot of grey in there. I sometimes feel that it's not moderated enough but I can certainly understand people make mistakes.

Brattt8525
09-20-2004, 07:56 PM
If it was over-moderated, you would not be able to make me want to gouge out my own eyes....too many times a day.

TheRoseLady
09-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
If it was over-moderated, you would not be able to make me want to gouge out my own eyes....too many times a day.

:lol2:

Definately is not moderated enough because you are still here Psykos.

I'm a bitch, I don't have a clue and I took my midol today.

:moon2:

DeV
09-20-2004, 08:23 PM
:rofl:
It's definitely not over-moderated.

Skirmisher
09-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Psykos
Thanks for your input.

Survey says........

No.

:deadhorse:

Dhuul
09-20-2004, 09:21 PM
it used to be over moderated but as you can see they kicked CrystalTears out heh

Snapp
09-20-2004, 09:36 PM
:rolleyes: Not even close. The rules are not that hard to follow.

Psykos
09-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Hahaha

Originally posted by Dhuul
it used to be over moderated but as you can see they kicked CrystalTears out heh

Wezas
09-20-2004, 10:51 PM
If you want an over-moderated board, head on over to http://klaive.net/forums/

Hmm, in testing out the link it looks like their board is down. Most likely for the mass editing/deleting of posts. My initial statement still stands.

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by Wezas]

CrystalTears
09-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I left, you fucking smartasses, so that I could have the freedom to tell you to take a long walk on a short peer, fuckers. :fu:

Go to Klaive's boards and see REAL moderating at it's finest. They ban you if you sneeze on Klaive and his retarded girlfriend, Kurapuka.

Scott
09-20-2004, 11:27 PM
I think this is the first time I've ever heard these boards as being "overmoderated." You have to be a complete jackass to have your post editted by a mod.

Skirmisher
09-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Hahaha

Heh, CT knows darn well that most people here very much appreciate of all her efforts Psykos and is thought of quite well.

You on the other hand....

Sean
09-21-2004, 01:04 AM
I can start editing and deleting more posts if you'd like.

Blazing247
09-21-2004, 01:07 AM
See that? Tijay is anti-First Amendment. GODDAMN FASCIST!

09-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Hes black too

crazymage
09-21-2004, 01:23 AM
no hes not

Sean
09-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Blazing247
See that? Tijay is anti-First Amendment. GODDAMN FASCIST!

Note to self ... [edited to maim] Blazing hes onto me and my fellow librals plan to eliminate all rights granted by the constitution.

The post gestapo made me edit my post :( the death threat has been rescinded

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by Tijay]

09-21-2004, 01:50 AM
Moderation here is generally pretty good. Sometimes it appears selective, though.

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
09-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Moderation here is generally pretty good. Sometimes it appears selective, though.

- Arkans

I would think it appears selective to those that constantly have posts edited or deleted.

It just amazes me when people don't learn the first time, or third time or fiftieth time.

Even a dog will learn not to shit on the carpet if you rub it's nose in it enough. Apparently we have people that lack the intellect of a common house pet.

Um ... feel the oppression?

09-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Hey Tsa'ah,

Trust me, there has been selective moderating. So, hah, I win.

- Arkans

Tsa`ah
09-21-2004, 02:37 AM
I seriously doubt it.

Considering your track record ... you lose. Dogs are smarter.

Souzy
09-21-2004, 02:50 AM
Hey I spammed earlier. PC's great, who's crying?

09-21-2004, 02:50 AM
Once again, you're fighting a losing battle. Think what you want, I won't hold you being wrong against you. Well, maybe, possibly, eh, might as well.

- Arkans

Warriorbird
09-21-2004, 05:16 AM
It's meant to be the Jerry Springer show. You're a just another addition, Psykos,... and it's entertainment.

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by Warriorbird]

Miss X
09-21-2004, 06:23 AM
WTF over moderated? Haha, as a rule I think all of us try to avoid deleting and editing unless it is really necessary, its not like we sit around and plot about who's/what posts we are going to moderate. We each have our own judgement and we account for every moderation we make. If you don't like it then read the ToS and stick to it then we won't have a problem! :)

Nieninque
09-21-2004, 06:28 AM
It is Phaykos that is asking. He is a dickhead. Only a true dickhead could even begin to think that this forum is overmoderated.

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 07:11 AM
Heh. No post is edited/deleted without a full accounting of that edit/delete being made in the Mod folder. Therefore, all mods know what edits have been made, to whose post, and why. :)

As to over-moderation, I don't think so. Why do you ask, Psykos? Inquiring minds want to know...

HarmNone

AnticorRifling
09-21-2004, 07:49 AM
People that quote a post only to type their response ahead of the quote have no valid opinion so this thread was dead from the start.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Undermoderated, if anything.

I'm for a police state. Sorta. But then I'd miss all the jackasses making jackasses out of themselves and my entertainment would be ruined.

Parkbandit
09-21-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm homosexual, a stick in my ass would be more than welcome, provided there were no splinters.. well maybe that even wouldn't be that bad. :)

Right now, I see Snapp and Ravenstorm cursing at their computer.. much the same way I did when I found out he was a Republican.

Sorry guys :no:

Parkbandit
09-21-2004, 08:28 AM
I left, you fucking smartasses, so that I could have the freedom to tell you to take a long walk on a short peer, fuckers. :fu:

I have to say.. I like you more this way.

:)

Psykos
09-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Ignorant Foreign Bitch,

In American we can ask questions, and take polls without having to worry about things happening to us by the law or the authority. I simply wanted to know what everyone thought, I personally do not think the moderating is too bad, and never have stated different. Thanks though for being a jackass. Have a nice day.

Psykos

PS: Assumptions make you look more like a moron than your 15 spike thorn kills.

Originally posted by Nieninque
It is Phaykos that is asking. He is a dickhead. Only a true dickhead could even begin to think that this forum is overmoderated.

Psykos
09-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Just a simple poll, data is more telling than opinions often. Nothing else, nothing more. I'd expect Kranar to enjoy the feedback as well. FYI (Its positive feedback so chill).

Psykos

Originally posted by HarmNone
Heh. No post is edited/deleted without a full accounting of that edit/delete being made in the Mod folder. Therefore, all mods know what edits have been made, to whose post, and why. :)

As to over-moderation, I don't think so. Why do you ask, Psykos? Inquiring minds want to know...

HarmNone

Nieninque
09-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Ignorant Foreign Bitch,

In American we can ask questions, and take polls without having to worry about things happening to us by the law or the authority. I simply wanted to know what everyone thought, I personally do not think the moderating is too bad, and never have stated different. Thanks though for being a jackass. Have a nice day.

Psykos

PS: Assumptions make you look more like a moron than your 15 spike thorn kills.

It isnt an assumption. It's called reading the topic thread.
If you were just curious as to what people thought, any sensible person would have asked "What do you think about the moderation on the forums, or any other non-leading combination of the same or similar words.
It would appear as though it is you that is the ignorant one :)

Edited to sort the quotes out.

[Edited on 21-9-04 by Nieninque]

StrayRogue
09-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Moderated? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Snapp
09-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Right now, I see Snapp and Ravenstorm cursing at their computer.. much the same way I did when I found out he was a Republican.

Sorry guys :no:

:(

Fallen
09-21-2004, 12:50 PM
As others have said, the board certainly does not come off as over-moderated. I, personally, would prefer to see a bit more coaxing to keep threads on topic. Other than that, the laid back atmosphere seems to be well liked.

If it isn't broke, don't bother fixing it.

Wezas
09-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
As others have said, the board certainly does not come off as over-moderated. I, personally, would prefer to see a bit more coaxing to keep threads on topic. Other than that, the laid back atmosphere seems to be well liked.

If it isn't broke, don't bother fixing it.

And your opinion on the SR being over-moderated?

Fallen
09-21-2004, 01:07 PM
And your opinion on the SR being over-moderated? >>

My folders are the height of moderating perfection.

CrystalTears
09-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Aw, leave Fallen alone. It's hard to soar when you're flying with turkeys.

Fallen
09-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Aw, leave Fallen alone. It's hard to soar when you're flying with turkeys.>>

Sniff

That made me laugh and cry.

SpunGirl
09-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Aw, leave Fallen alone. It's hard to soar when you're flying with turkeys.

Wrong, CT. Turkeys have a use (Thanksgiving). I'd go with ... buzzards. Or maybe dodos.

-K

Psykos
09-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Dodos are extinct.

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Just a simple poll, data is more telling than opinions often. Nothing else, nothing more. I'd expect Kranar to enjoy the feedback as well. FYI (Its positive feedback so chill).

Psykos

HarmNone

Umm, in what part of my post did you find an indication that I am anything other than chilled, Psychos? It contains no more than an answer to your question and a bit of information for our posters. :)

Could it be that you are transferring your feelings to me?:saint:

HarmNone, chilled, thank ya verra much

SpunGirl
09-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Dodos are extinct.

I'm aware of this. It's called wishful thinking.

-K

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Dodos are extinct.

So are those boards, if you get right down to it. :lol:

HarmNone figures dead is dead, totally dead is extinct

Ravenstorm
09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Dodos are extinct.

But dodo-hood is eternal.

Raven

Sean
09-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Just a side note ... If you, Arkans and others who have the similar opinion, think that the PC is selectively moderated then I suggest doing your best to help the community through the report post function. Give us examples, give us feedback, and in general just give us information. It's not rare for the moderators to discuss things like this amongst ourselves inorder to come up with precedents but unless you tell us about a problem and give us specifics it's kind of hard for us to represent your thoughts.

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Tijay,

Of all the moderators I respect you probably the most. I really don't feel like its over-moderated, I never indicated that in any of my posts either. People (HarmNone, etc.) are misconstruing some of my comments and posts, and the thread in general, and using it to make negative remarks about me.

I feel these boards are great, and the moderation, for the most part, largely the same.

I'd think that the 40 votes of NO, would be an indication of this, and that the moderators would be happy to see the total poll results. I really am failing to see what the overall problem is, and why I'm being attacked.. It was a poll, nothing else. Let the poll speak for itself, instead of making blind assumptions.

Best,

Psykos

Originally posted by Tijay
Just a side note ... If you, Arkans and others who have the similar opinion, think that the PC is selectively moderated then I suggest doing your best to help the community through the report post function. Give us examples, give us feedback, and in general just give us information. It's not rare for the moderators to discuss things like this amongst ourselves inorder to come up with precedents but unless you tell us about a problem and give us specifics it's kind of hard for us to represent your thoughts.

SpunGirl
09-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Will you PLEASE learn to put your post after the quote. Please.

-K

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:08 PM
To each his own, stop crying about pointless shit.

-P

Nieninque
09-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Phaykos
Tijay,

Of all the moderators I respect you probably the most.

What was that about ass-kissers?

:sucker:

SpunGirl
09-21-2004, 05:17 PM
PB: "I actually have a great deal of respect for you Kranar. "

= ASSkisser. Kthx

:lol2:

-K

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by SpunGirl]

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Truth versus sucking up? Big difference.

Psykos

Originally posted by Phaykos
Tijay,

Of all the moderators I respect you probably the most.

What was that about ass-kissers?

:sucker:

SpunGirl
09-21-2004, 05:33 PM
To PB, what he posted IS the truth (which I second, btw so does that make it doubly true?) Also, quit crying about pointless shit, you ass-kisser.

-K

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by SpunGirl]

Wezas
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
People (HarmNone, etc.) are misconstruing some of my comments and posts, and the thread in general, and using it to make negative remarks about me.

HarmNone is notorious for editing/changing posts!

Get a grip. Give some examples. And not just ones where they edited out a certain curse word.

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

People (HarmNone, etc.) are misconstruing some of my comments and posts, and the thread in general, and using it to make negative remarks about me.

HarmNone is notorious for editing/changing posts!

Get a grip. Give some examples. And not just ones where they edited out a certain curse word.

She's deleted more than one post of mine, but I'm not crying about it -- I was actually crying about her posts in this thread. Thanks.

psykos

Wezas
09-21-2004, 05:42 PM
She's deleted more than one post of mine, but I'm not crying about it -- I was actually crying about her posts in this thread. Thanks.

psykos

Were you sent a U2U as to why your posts were deleted? As for your crying - she's not without opinion. She has two jobs here. One is to be a moderator - and make sure things don't get out of hand. The other is to have an opinion and to add to this board.

She is probably the most level-headed person on this board. And for her to come down on you says alot about you.

The PC as a whole (I'm sure) thanks you for finally quoting correctly.

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by Wezas]

Nieninque
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Thats because so far you have posted 355 posts filled with a big fat fucking nothing.
Your posts are shit and often abusive, shit+abusive=deletable.
You are crying about it you made a fucking thread about it.

:jerkit:

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Thats because so far you have posted 355 posts filled with a big fat fucking nothing.

I repeat, for the ignorant foreign bitch, I have not complained.

Psykos

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Huh? I'm trying to figure out where, in this thread, I made a negative remark about you, Psykos? :?:

HarmNone, scratching her head......

Wezas
09-21-2004, 05:48 PM

I repeat, for the ignorant foreign bitch, I have not complained.

Psykos

You finally learned to quote before your statement, but you need to pull your statement out of the quote.

You'll learn one day. Hopefully on another board.

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Assumption 1 - Could it be that you are transferring your feelings to me?

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 05:49 PM
I'll say this, Psykos. I'm beginning to develop a mild itch with regard to your referring to one of our posters as "ignorant foreign bitch". To her, and the people who live where she lives, YOU are foreign. It is not up to me to decide whether or not you are ignorant, or a bitch...but, to them, you are definitely foreign. :whistle:

HarmNone has had it with the silly insult

Ravenstorm
09-21-2004, 05:50 PM
The deletion of posts that contribute nothing to a thread except the potential for a flame war is a moderator's duty. That said posts often come from certain specific posters can indeed make it seem that the boards are over moderated to those people or that certain moderators are overly enthusiastic.

The best way to alter that perception is to learn to post in an adult manner with the minimal level of maturity asked of people here and actually contribute to a discussion. Instead of, you know, engaging in inane babble.

Raven

Wezas
09-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Huh? I'm trying to figure out where, in this thread, I made a negative remark about you, Psykos? :?:

HarmNone, scratching her head......

Obviously it's your only other post in this thread:

HarmNone

That was brutal Harmnone.

I think your response to her and your suggestion for her to "chill" was more offensive then her post, Psykos.

Psykos
09-21-2004, 05:51 PM
HarmNone,

prime example, she can call/label me anything, and gets no shit talk, yet I say something, and now you post about it. Hence, we have selective moderation. I agree with Arkans.

Psykos

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Assumption 1 - Could it be that you are transferring your feelings to me?

Assumption is a good word to use, in that case. That comment was not negative. It was simply a question. You seemed more upset than I, certainly, felt. :)

Since you said, originally, "negative comments", can you find another comment, made by me, that you ASSUME to be negative? Perhaps, we can clear up some of what is being "misconstrued".

HarmNone, always looking to clear up those ugly little misconceptions.....

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 05:54 PM
HarmNone,

prime example, she can call/label me anything, and gets no shit talk, yet I say something, and now you post about it. Hence, we have selective moderation. I agree with Arkans.

Psykos

It's a matter of repetition, Psykos. You preface every post with the same insult. It's getting old, ya know?

HarmNone, answering questions, one Psykos at a time

Wezas
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
HarmNone, always looking to clear up those ugly little misconceptions.....

Hear that? She called you ugly. :P

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

That was brutal Harmnone.

I think your response to her and your suggestion for her to "chill" was more offensive then her post, Psykos.

We Pagans are a brutal bunch, Wezas. It's the source of our charm! :D

HarmNone, the brutal Pagan

Latrinsorm
09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
I find it oddly just that a thread about over-moderation has had posts deleted.

SpunGirl
09-21-2004, 05:58 PM
HarmNone,

Psykos

That's not selective MODERATION, dumbass. When you "say something" and then people "post about it," that doesn't count as your post being moderated. It wasn't edited or changed in any way.

I'd say the PC has selective shit-talking, though, and it's usually focused on dumbfucks like yourself. So go cry some more about it.

-K

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
The deletion of posts that contribute nothing to a thread except the potential for a flame war is a moderator's duty. That said posts often come from certain specific posters can indeed make it seem that the boards are over moderated to those people or that certain moderators are overly enthusiastic.

The best way to alter that perception is to learn to post in an adult manner with the minimal level of maturity asked of people here and actually contribute to a discussion. Instead of, you know, engaging in inane babble.

Raven

Bless you, bird! From your lips to the goddess' ears! All will then be bliss! :smilegrin:

HarmNone would love some bliss

CrystalTears
09-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
I find it oddly just that a thread about over-moderation has had posts deleted.

I didn't see anywhere that a post was deleted from this thread. Other posts in other threads have, though. :shrug:

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Yep. Two posts were deleted from this thread. One was deleted because the poster used a term that is not allowed in these forums. The second was deleted because it quoted the first. Neither had any other relevant content. ;)

HarmNone

Ravenstorm
09-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I'd say the PC has selective shit-talking, though, and it's usually focused on dumbfucks like yourself. So go cry some more about it.

Don't hold back, hon. Tell us how you really feel.

Raven

CrystalTears
09-21-2004, 06:11 PM
My bad. HN was just too quick for me, as usual. :D

Jorddyn
09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Yep. Two posts were deleted from this thread. One was deleted because the poster used a term that is not allowed in these forums. The second was deleted because it quoted the first.
HarmNone

Could you please tell us what that word is, so we can decide for ourselves if you are over-moderating?

Jorddyn, oh-so-serious :D

Nieninque
09-21-2004, 06:14 PM
There's an echo round here :D

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Hee! Nope, Jorddyn. It's a biiiig secret that you have to find out for yourself! Say the secret word and your post self-destructs in 1.2 seconds. :lol:

HarmNone :wasntme:

Ravenstorm
09-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Albatross...

Raven

HarmNone
09-21-2004, 06:19 PM
And the duck comes down and gives Ravenstorm a hunnert dollahs! :rofl:

HarmNone, who knows an albatross rather well......

Snapp
09-21-2004, 06:25 PM
I don't get it. Are you two talking about old people stuff again?

CrystalTears
09-21-2004, 06:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/avatars/fart.gif

Ravenstorm
09-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Snapp

You bet your life we are.

Raven

TheRoseLady
09-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm

Originally posted by Snapp

You bet your life we are.

Raven

Clever, very clever. I got it on the first clue...but then again, I remember pintos.

Dhuul
09-22-2004, 12:25 AM
can we ditch these moderating pseudodivas

HarmNone
09-22-2004, 08:43 AM
can we ditch these moderating pseudodivas

Which "moderating pseudodivas" would those be, Dhuul? :smilegrin:

HarmNone, pondering the unponderable

Latrinsorm
09-22-2004, 10:27 AM
I think he's talking about Tayre, but Tayre's not even a mod.

p.s: LOLZ JK TAYRE <3

Nieninque
09-22-2004, 10:28 AM
TAYRE FOR MOD!!!!

Wezas
09-22-2004, 12:53 PM
TAYRE FOR MOD!!!!

<your post: 10:28 AM EST, current time: 12:51 PM EST>

Way to kill a thread.

Caiylania
09-22-2004, 01:05 PM