PDA

View Full Version : No map database: dumb newbie edition

autogato
02-19-2014, 06:32 PM
What the title says. I'm new to Lich and can't seem to download the map database. Everything has admin permissions (and I've even tried without), and ;updater update forcemap gives me nothing. End result: no functional narost and uberbar spazzes out, both of which are no bueno.

Apologies if this is a dead horse, but searching past threads and Google turned up next to nothing. Lich is terrific otherwise and very easy to get a grip on. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tillmen
02-20-2014, 10:09 AM
;updater update forcemap gives me nothing.
What does ;updater update forcemap give you?

At the very least, it should say that updater started and exited. If it doesn't give you a map database, I would expect it to give some sort of error message. Can you copy/paste the output?

autogato
02-20-2014, 11:23 AM
What does ;updater update forcemap give you?

At the very least, it should say that updater started and exited. If it doesn't give you a map database, I would expect it to give some sort of error message. Can you copy/paste the output?

Sure!

>;update update forcemap
--- Lich: update is already running (use ;force [scriptname] if desired).

I left myself logged in overnight with keepalive up, in case everything was coming very slowly, but yeah nothing. Any ideas?

Tillmen
02-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Type ;unpause updater

Logging out and back in would also work.

autogato
02-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Logging in/out hasn't fixed it - that was one of chat's first suggestions and has been done several times as I tried to zero in on the problem.

Thanks for the tip about unpausing updater, but aside from confirming the unpause, it's giving me no indication that anything is being downloaded.

edit: I can't get ;repo list alpha to work either, though I can download scripts just fine. I don't know if this helps or is related? It sounds like I'm having trouble talking to the server.

autogato
02-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Would it be possible for someone to zip these up and send them my way? I'd appreciate it greatly.

Tillmen
02-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Map database is at http://lichproject.org/updater/gsiv/
The one with the largest number is most recent. Needed to be ungzipped and put in lich\data\GSIV\
That's assuming you're playing Gemstone Prime.

Map images are at http://lichproject.org/updater/
Images go in lich\maps\
Some of them are old and no longer used, but I don't know which ones. The updater script is supposed to figure it out and download the current ones.

autogato
02-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Rep and a donation headed your way, my friend. Thanks for all your help.

Tillmen
02-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Thank you!