PDA

View Full Version : A golem deathaxe and a rat deathaxe.

Grim Reaper
01-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Auctioning off two death weapons sold as a set should a collector be interested. Death weapons when swung against their attuned creature are capable of double-strikes. In this set we have a golem deathaxe and a rat deathaxe. Both are +20 one-handed edge weapons against their attuned creature and +10 against anything else. They weigh 6lbs each and can be further lightened. Example of weapon in use below. The minimum is 9mil. The buyout is 12mil.

Example:
You swing a rat deathaxe at a giant rat!
AS: +97 vs DS: +14 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +7 = +120
... and hit for 13 points of damage!
Stomach shot lands with a hollow *thump*.
With blinding speed, your deathaxe twists itself in your hand, whipping around to make a second strike at the giant rat!
... 60 points of damage!
Blow cracks a rib and punctures a lung.
Breathing becomes a challenge.
The giant rat collapses to the ground, emits a final squeal, and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Example:
You remove a golem deathaxe from inside your troll hide cloak. It begins making an odd warbling sound, which quickly rises in pitch to an ear piercing shriek, then rapidly fades away. You could almost swear you hear the words "Feed me" echoing faintly in the background.

poloneus
01-30-2014, 09:47 PM
so you have to be level 10 to swing the rat deathaxe? That sort of defeats the purpose...

JackWhisper
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
fire rats, war rats, etc!

Grim Reaper
01-30-2014, 10:11 PM
so you have to be level 10 to swing the rat deathaxe? That sort of defeats the purpose...

Perhaps I have not explained as best I can. You can swing them at level 5. The bonus would be +10 with the double strike flare. As your character grows the weapon caps out at 4x against their attuned creature, but no less then +10 against anything else.

Franknozly
01-31-2014, 02:54 PM
So it has to be "golem" right? No "Greater Constructs"?

JackWhisper
01-31-2014, 02:56 PM
I believe it's the critter archetype. Whether construct falls into the golem category, I wouldn't know. But the rat deathaxe covers all rat-archetype critters, unless I'm grievously mistaken, which I don't think I am.

m444w
01-31-2014, 03:08 PM
It's the creature's noun. If the noun doesn't match, the death weapon doesn't work.

JackWhisper
01-31-2014, 03:33 PM
Ah nodnod. So fire rat, war rat, etc, all work for rat deathaxe. Spiffy.

Ceyrin
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Are these items really old?

Grim Reaper
01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Are these items really old?

Yes. I believe it was an auction in 1998 that death weapons were first introduced. There may have been a few more released over the years thru Ebon Gate as an example from digging. I'm not familiar with the war rat you mentioned, Jack. I think perhaps you were meaning the striped warcat?

The list of rat and golems at a glance that I am familiar with are large rats, fire rats, night golems, crystal golems, steel golems, mein golems, ice golems, lava golems, bone golems, flesh golems and soul golems. There are as well the occasional invasion golems. Obviously the last three golems that are undead would require the weapon to be bonded to a paladin to work. The creature range between the two weapons is in the area of level 5 - level 70. More then enough creatures to make them interesting for a long while.

Aluvius
01-31-2014, 10:38 PM
They were first released at the Hot Summer Nights auctions but I don't remember the exact year, think it was the third year of them if that helps.

JackWhisper
01-31-2014, 11:25 PM
War rat....Spike!

Luftstreitkräfte
02-01-2014, 07:00 AM
blessable?

Grim Reaper
02-01-2014, 11:48 AM
blessable?

Would not accept a bless from a pure potion so I'm wagering no. Part of the reason I mentioned that the last three listed undead would require a paladin bond should someone wish to hunt both living and undead.

Grim Reaper
03-02-2014, 10:18 PM
A sales thread without a bump is just flat business.

Sav
03-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Much lower than you're asking but I'd be willin to give you 2m for the pair.. Standing offer