PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Reform Will End Boehner's Speakership?

ClydeR
01-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Buchanan: Boehner Will Lose Speakership if He Pushes for Immigration Reform
By Andrew Johnson
January 29, 2014 4:18 PM

Pat Buchanan warns that an imminent Republican debate over immigration will play into the hands of the Democratic party. With the widespread unpopularity of Obamacare, Republicans should instead focus on the embattled health-care law ahead of the 2014 midterm election. By pivoting to the issue of immigration, Republicans are “walking right into the trap.”

More... (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/369865/buchanan-boehner-will-lose-speakership-if-he-pushes-immigration-reform-andrew-johnson)

Pat Buchanan is right. Boehner should leave this decision in the hands of mainstream Republicans, who oppose any type of amnesty.

cwolff
01-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Pat Buchanan is right. Boehner should leave this decision in the hands of mainstream Republicans, who oppose any type of amnesty.

The Tea Party is mounting a challenge against him too. I signed the petition. It seems obvious that if your district has the Speaker of the House, you want to keep him - even if you don't totally agree with some of his politics. Then again these SW Ohio hillbillies (actually we call them hilljacks) are a special breed. They have all the stereotypical bad you expect from the South, but none of that Southern Charm.

A Tea Party group is initiating a campaign to oust House Speaker John Boehner from his Ohio congressional district.
The Tea Party Leadership Fund PAC is spending $23,200 to produce and air a television ad and $4,767 on polling in opposition to Boehner, according to a filing it made last night to the Federal Election Commission.
The group also says it’s preparing a petition drive as part of its campaign to recruit a challenger to Boehner in the May 6 primary in Ohio’s 8th District, a Republican bastion that includes Springfield, suburbs of Cincinnati and other territory in southwestern Ohio.

Tgo01
01-30-2014, 01:20 PM
I thought Boehner said he was retiring after his term is up anyways?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Then again these SW Ohio hillbillies (actually we call them hilljacks) are a special breed. They have all the stereotypical bad you expect from the South, but none of that Southern Charm.

You seem pretty elitist for a Liberal.

Atlanteax
01-30-2014, 01:30 PM
Then again these SW Ohio hillbillies (actually we call them hilljacks) are a special breed. They have all the stereotypical bad you expect from the South, but none of that Southern Charm.

What are your thoughts on the urban residents of Cleveland and Columbus?

cwolff
01-30-2014, 01:42 PM
What are your thoughts on the urban residents of Cleveland and Columbus?

I never felt a connection to Columbus even though I lived there a while. It's got virtually no character, except for The Ohio State University. Cleveland on the other hand is awesome! The people are surprisingly East Coast and I love that it still has it's ethnic roots going back to the late 1800's immigrants from Europe.

Johnny Five
01-30-2014, 03:48 PM
I never felt a connection to Columbus even though I lived there a while. It's got virtually no character, except for The Ohio State University. Cleveland on the other hand is awesome! The people are surprisingly East Coast and I love that it still has it's ethnic roots going back to the late 1800's immigrants from Europe.

Racist.

Methais
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
The Tea Party is mounting a challenge against him too. I signed the petition. It seems obvious that if your district has the Speaker of the House, you want to keep him - even if you don't totally agree with some of his politics. Then again these SW Ohio hillbillies (actually we call them hilljacks) are a special breed. They have all the stereotypical bad you expect from the South, but none of that Southern Charm.

Ohio is a southern state now?

Jarvan
01-30-2014, 04:36 PM

So a Die Hard Liberal Democrat signed a Tea Party petition to remove a Republican from Speakership because of his views.... that he would want removed anyway simply because he is of the other party.

Yeah, that makes sense in a Cwolff sorta way.

cwolff
01-30-2014, 04:38 PM
So a Die Hard Liberal Democrat signed a Tea Party petition to remove a Republican from Speakership because of his views.... that he would want removed anyway simply because he is of the other party.

Yeah, that makes sense in a Cwolff sorta way.

I signed it because I'm really digging how the right is cannibalizing itself. Things have to get worse before they get better on that side of the aisle.