PDA

View Full Version : Who’s Spinning Who? (Political)

Back
09-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Ads encourage blacks to vote against Bush (http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/13/campaign.blacks/index.html)

Republicans want you to sit out this election and simply stay home," one radio ad tells listeners. It continues, "Bush is a rich man in the White House who is sending black men and women to be slaughtered in Iraq while Cheney and Halliburton boys get rich on oil. Don't keep getting played.

They go on to cite some numbers about unemployment, income-level and other things concerning the black community to justify the message. Hard hitting? Fair? Or just downright nasty mud slinging?

I’m still trying to decide. I do like the heavyhandedness of it.

Parkbandit
09-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Take it back Backlash! You and I both know the Democrats do NOT sling mud.. only the Republicans do!

The ad is stupid and it shows how absolutely desperate the Democrats are.

It's sad that we are almost a 1 party system right now with the ineptness that has become the Democratic Party. I really hope that they can get back on track someday because I really do like some of their agenda. It's too bad they've allowed the extreme to take over and make policy.

Wezas
09-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
It's too bad they've allowed the extreme to take over and make policy.

The same could be said about Bush.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-14-2004, 10:06 AM
And Saddam, and Kerry, and on and on and on.

Posting in a political thread makes me look smrt!

Parkbandit
09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by Parkbandit
It's too bad they've allowed the extreme to take over and make policy.

The same could be said about Bush.

Actually, I don't think that would be true. Most true conservatives, while enjoying Bush's religious ferver.. do not appreciate his wanting to amend the constitution with the no gay marriage and do not like his spending and growing the government.

Latrinsorm
09-14-2004, 12:17 PM
>Bush is a rich man

Automatic disqualification by a severe case of glass-house-itis.

Back
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
The ad is made by The Media Fund. I did a google search and came up with MakeAmericaWorkForUs.com (http://www.makeamericaworkforus.com/index.asp).

They have all their ads posted in all different formats, plus, links to the facts they use in them. Great site design also.

But to say Republicans don’t want black people to vote is misleading. Guess I eat crow on this one. I do recall saying that I didn’t think Dems were as bad as Repubs with slander. I’ll amend that to can sometimes be.

Nakiro
09-14-2004, 02:10 PM
As if Kerry wouldn't be a rich man in the white house as well?

DeV
09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
But to say Republicans don’t want black people to vote is misleading. Sure is. Not to mention this ad campaign is hitting below the belt. They learned from the best.

Parkbandit
09-14-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Backlash
The ad is made by The Media Fund. I did a google search and came up with MakeAmericaWorkForUs.com (http://www.makeamericaworkforus.com/index.asp).

They have all their ads posted in all different formats, plus, links to the facts they use in them. Great site design also.

But to say Republicans don’t want black people to vote is misleading. Guess I eat crow on this one. I do recall saying that I didn’t think Dems were as bad as Repubs with slander. I’ll amend that to can sometimes be.

Sometimes my white ass. Slander or libel is not limited to either party as they have both perfected it's use. To say otherwise is simple bias.