PDA

View Full Version : cloathing mag's

Jenisi
09-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Any ladies know some stylish cloathing catologes I can order??? I want a bigger variety then just my local mall...I like Alloy and Delias...

Blazing247
09-14-2004, 12:57 AM
< I want a bigger variety>

From what I just read, Avenue.com has some good plus size shopping.

Hips
09-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Heh, I remember getting the catalogs for Alloy and Delia*s in 8th grade.

Most of the clothes shopping I do is either online or in NYC, though. :shrug:

Ravenstorm
09-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Why are you limiting yourself to hardcopy catalogs when just about every store has a webpage with all their merchandise on it?

Raven

The Cat In The Hat
09-14-2004, 01:11 AM
Because she can browse them while she pees?

Jenisi
09-14-2004, 01:12 AM
LOL.. I love how I ask simple questions and the threads always turn into some kind of crazy comments like these.

09-14-2004, 01:18 AM
:mackey:

SpunGirl
09-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Delia's is crap, sorry. It's extremely poorly made clothing. I'd try Hot Topic, Urban Outfitters, stuff like that. I prefer Ann Taylor and sometimes JJill, but I get the feeling that's not exactly your style:)

-K

Marl
09-14-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I'd try Hot Topic, Urban Outfitters, stuff like that.

-K

best shirt I have seen this year "I would be goth but I can't afford to shop at Hot Topic"

SpunGirl
09-14-2004, 02:06 AM
LOLZ. It's not that bad. Better than Amercrombie and Bitch.

I like the GAP, though.

-K

Shari
09-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Mmmm...Urban Outfitters <drool>

Burning Scorpion
09-14-2004, 02:58 AM
Try karmaloop.com. Awesome threads. I shop there almost exclusively except for when I want plain jeans, and then I'm an Old Navy whore.

Edited to add that I specifically like their House of Spy and Kitchen Orange stuff.

Edited again to add nouveauurbanwear.com... luv luv luv.

[Edited on 9/14/2004 by Burning Scorpion]

[Edited on 9/14/2004 by Burning Scorpion]

09-14-2004, 03:13 AM
Hot Topic sucks so bad. Only wannabe depressed goth kids go there. People that shop at hot topic should be shot on sight.

Personally, I prefer Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, and Abercrombie and Fitch.

- Arkans

Jenisi
09-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Fav shops at the mall are Gadzooks, The buckle and Wet Seal...

Jenisi
09-14-2004, 03:32 AM
Well I just checked out Urbanoutfitters.com and the stuff is semi-cute and way overpriced.

Drew
09-14-2004, 04:11 AM
I shop at Polo, AE, J. Crew, Banana Republic, since we are talking about where we shop I thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, the whole concept behind Hot Topic cracks me up.

A "Counter-culture" store... INSIDE OF A MALL

09-14-2004, 04:29 AM
Hot Topic is as "original" and "unique" as buying pretzles at the mall.

- Arkans

SpunGirl
09-14-2004, 04:39 AM
I don't buy Hot Topic clothes because I'm striving to be original or unique, I do it because sometimes I like what I see there. I also don't wear ripped nylons or fishnets, or compose entire outfits of their stuff, however. That's lame.

Jenisi, expensive clothes are usually that way because they're some kind of stupid trend that'll be over in the next ten seconds, or becaue they're well put together things that'll last you a long time. Invest in some stuff like that... for example, get a pair of semi-dressy black pants from Ralph Lauren. I guarantee they'll last you, and you can wear them with a blouse for interviews or if you need to look professional, and with a trendy top and open-toed heels if you're going out. Also, if you're sure of your size in certain brands and designers, check out ebay.

-K

09-14-2004, 04:41 AM
Buying clothes from Ebay is weird.

I strongly support high priced and fashionable clothes. One thing that people need to start doing is dressing to kill. Poorly dressed people set a horrible first impression.

- Arkans

SpunGirl
09-14-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Buying clothes from Ebay is weird.

I strongly support high priced and fashionable clothes. One thing that people need to start doing is dressing to kill. Poorly dressed people set a horrible first impression.

- Arkans

I've bought a lot of brand-new clothes from ebay (with the tags still on them) for waaay less than they'd sell retail. I got a new BCBG dress two weeks ago for $35.00. But you're right, I won't buy used clothes, that's kind of nasty. I sold an ugly maid of honor dress I had to wear for $15.00, though.

And yeah, I agree about the impressions thing. I dress more appropriately (I think) than anyone I work with, including my boss at times (he wears jeans with dress shirts most days). During my performance review he made a remark about how I always look professional.

I also find it slightly ironic (and this is meant to be jokey, so don't take it the wrong way) that the anti-gay guy is giving fashion advice. :lol2:

-K

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-14-2004, 04:58 AM
My favorites are "Big Uns", "Swank" and "Hustler"

09-14-2004, 05:19 AM
Hah! True Spun Girl, the irony is incredible. Too me, fashion is extremely important. I'll really drop a lot of money on a good set of clothes and try to stay on top of yearly trends.

Used clothes are absoluetely disgusting and that's what I thought you meant by getting them from Ebay. If they're unused, then by all means, go for it. Just make sure it's a real name brand and not some scummy brand.

What I noticed though is Americans in general do not care as much as Europeans do as far as fashion (I *LOVE* European fashion. I got a pair of European jeans and I absoluetely love them.) and if they did I think America would adopt one of the very few things the "Old Country" has over us and we could really laugh at them!

- Arkans

PS: Also, it's not only clothes, by shoes are EXTREMELY important as well.

SpunGirl
09-14-2004, 05:23 AM
If I had to choose between some mediocre shoes and some greatn pants, or some mediocre pants (think Old Navy khakis) and great shoes, I'd go with the great shoes.

I don't buy trendy pieces in desinger brands, though - I'll got to places (like Hot Topic, hah) for stuff like that. I tend to save my big splurges for classic pieces that I can wear season after season.

-K

09-14-2004, 11:34 AM
Pants or shoes, that really is a hard debate. One has to remember that pants can generally overshadow shoes if they look good enough, they are a lot more visible.

- Arkans

Drew
09-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Fear and cloathing in Las Vegas

Psykos
09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Fear and cloathing in Las Vegas

:flamewar:

Parkbandit
09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
No one has mentioned any of these fine stores yet. Weird.

Psykos
09-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Because we're not backwards rednecks who goto school in Florida and love Walmart's double welfare days. Fucktard.

<3 Psykos, Pricing are falling.

Originally posted by Parkbandit

Back
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Sorry to pick on you Arkans, but this is funny.

Hot Topic sucks so bad. Only wannabe depressed goth kids go there. People that shop at hot topic should be shot on sight.

Personally, I prefer Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, and Abercrombie and Fitch.

- Arkans

Everyone knows what bastions of original fashion these places are.

Then a couple of posts later...

Hot Topic is as "original" and "unique" as buying pretzles at the mall.

- Arkans

I’ll bet money that most all fasion designers and/or people in the industry own thrift clothes.

Which reminds me, I have to swing by to get a quality trench for this winter. Savings of over a grand in some cases.

Parkbandit
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Psykos
Because we're not backwards rednecks who goto school in Florida and love Walmart's double welfare days. Fucktard.

<3 Psykos, Pricing are falling.

Originally posted by Parkbandit

Alot you know jackass. We don't even WEAR shirts down here. It's overalls with no shirts.

God, you are stupid. For proof, here's a current picture of me from one of them new fangled camera thingies.

09-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Where did I state that I strive to be original and unique in my fashion?

- Arkans

Psykos
09-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Arkans,

Baklash isn't very bright, please don't pick on him, thanks.

Psykos

Wezas
09-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Where did I state that I strive to be original and unique in my fashion?

- Arkans

I strive to be original and unique in my fashion

- Arkans

09-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Fuck, you win.

- Arkans

PS: To change that and get my point across. Not completely, such as having spiked hair that is pink, buy something unique and ub3r expensive in my closet. Either way, you win and I have egg on my face.

FUCKING PWNED.

09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
PS: To cover my ass more, I was aboviously lying about trying to be original.

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
09-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Delia's is crap, sorry.If anyone wants to listen to an abruptly depressing song, "Delia's Gone" by Johnny Cash.

Point Zero makes awesome clothes, but their website is notoriously unhelpful. My favorite item of clothing (outside of my trench from JC Penny or something) are a pair of shorts from them I've had for like 3-4 years. Awesome clothes.

Mistomeer
09-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Delia's is crap, sorry.If anyone wants to listen to an abruptly depressing song, "Delia's Gone" by Johnny Cash.

Point Zero makes awesome clothes, but their website is notoriously unhelpful. My favorite item of clothing (outside of my trench from JC Penny or something) are a pair of shorts from them I've had for like 3-4 years. Awesome clothes.

Delia's Gone rules.
First time I shot her, I shot her in the side. Hard to watch her suffer, but with the second shot she died.

Homework, listen to Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash.
I can't forget the day I shot that bad bitch down.