PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping/gardening/pulling stupid plants out of the ground.

Tirayana
09-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I have a shitload of plants in my back yard that I have been trying to get rid of. But, unfortunately, my back yard is haunted and they keep coming back. There's probably 300-400 plants back there. And my god, they are horrid looking. They look like weeds!

Anyway, I had pulled all of them up FROM THE ROOT, and they are still returning. Anyone have any advice on how to get rid of these fuckers? :) I want to start laying down rock slabs for a porch out there - but I can't do that if these damned plants from Hell keep returning.

Thanks for listening.

~Tirayana

MPSorc
09-13-2004, 03:20 PM
gasoline or diesel, and a bug sprayer will work wonders if you don't want anything to grow back there, or you can go the expensive route and use a chemical weed killer,

or get a goat, about a week or two he'll have everything eaten, put in your porch, build you a little pit, and then cook the fucker in your "I have a new Patio" party.

Chemical Ali McBeal
09-13-2004, 03:33 PM
<<my backyard is haunted and they keep coming back>>

Find yourself a young priest and an old priest. Or perhaps a diminuative psychic lady would work as well. But just remember, for God's sake, stay out of the light!

Shari
09-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Problem is, the plants that you have growing out there likely send up new root shoots if even the tiniest portion of the plant's root is under the ground.

Best thing to do? Probably the gasoline but that could be dangerous. I'd go for the plant killer.

Parkbandit
09-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Spray "Round Up" on all greenery and wait for 3 days. Rake up dead weeds. Place black 'breathable' fabric that is specifically designed for weed supression and then cover with your favorite mulch. Finally place your stones on top and boom.. you are weed free if you replace your mulch yearly.

Tirayana
09-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the advice and comic relief. I'll try those suggestions out. :)

Tirayana
09-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Oooh so THAT's the black stuff my mom was telling me about..

Thanks PB. Probably the best advice I've gotten.

MPSorc
09-13-2004, 04:55 PM
i still say go with the goat

Snapp
09-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Be sure and get good quality on that weed control fabric if you go that route. If you go too cheap, the weeds will grow right through it within a month. I know from experience. :(

Artha
09-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Put enough of this in your yard and you won't have to worry about weeds ever again.

http://www.spglass.com/jpg/f-n/k-jean-jadsalt.jpg

Alternatively:

http://www.motorhelmets.com/pics-general/synthetic-blend-motor-oil.jpg

MPSorc
09-13-2004, 06:00 PM
goats eat weeds and grass down to and to include the roots, once they are done nothin will grow back.

ps. dont forget the bar-b-q you can have once the patio is complete.