PDA

View Full Version : $$$ Making dollas outta cents $$$$

Skeeter
09-14-2004, 09:39 PM
It was suggested that I start a thread...

Another thread was discussing people making 100k+ per hour hunting. How is this done? What the hell am I doing wrong. Most I've had in the bank after close to 8 years is 5mil.

Advice and smart-assed comments appreciated.

Psykos
09-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Its like drugs mang, buy low sell high, and rebuy.

Just don't even spend too much.

That simple.

Psykos

Pallon
09-14-2004, 09:46 PM
1. Find shitty, hard to reach hunting areas that no one else bothers to go to
2. Hunt in the early morning (< 5:00 am eastern)
3. ???
4. Profit

StrayRogue
09-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Be high level. Be a pure. Be able to script. Be prepared for tedium.

AnticorRifling
09-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Pallon
3. ???
4. Profit

Underpants gnomes rule.

Mistomeer
09-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

Originally posted by Pallon
3. ???
4. Profit

Underpants gnomes rule.

Too many steps for underpants gnomes...

Mistomeer
09-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Also, yes, being a pure helps alot.
Scripting helps alot.
You don't have to find something filthy rich if you're a high level pure that can script. You just have to find something that's fairly steady.

Latrinsorm
09-14-2004, 10:35 PM
RR and ZL are good bets, on account of there rarely being people there. This used to be the case with Solhaven, I dunno if it is anymore.

theotherjohn
09-15-2004, 01:43 AM
what is your characters and what town do you want to reside in.

if your choice is the landing the richest creature is lesser shades located under the town

Tsa`ah
09-15-2004, 07:45 AM
I did it as a semi and a square.

Don't leave anything behind unless it's not worth the weight.
Always skin.
Bard sing every gem (don't bother with the cheap orbs, throw the rest into a sack and sell one at a time or as a bulk deal. Sell the pulsers as you find them ... auction)
Avoid frequented and heavily trafficed hunting areas.
If you're skin hunting, hunt the expensive skins.
Keep the scarabs (if you're a rogue) and make it clear you're keeping the scarabs.

Map out a cycle, test, and follow it. Location A at this time, B at this time, C at this time.

Hunt alone.

09-15-2004, 10:10 AM
www.ebay.com

- Arkans

Chyrain
09-15-2004, 10:24 AM
excuse my ignorance, but why would being a pure make a difference on how much money you can make while hunting?

I need to start hunting for an hour or two straight at a time. 1 - I want the fame and 2 - I want the cash. Unfortunately, for me to ever sit down and not be bothered for even 15 minutes its a freakin' miracle.

StrayRogue
09-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Encumberance isn't a factor for a pure.

Ylena
09-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Granted, skin prices have changed, but I used to make a ton of money hunting roa'ters in Darkstone. I'd park at the nexus, bring an extra backpack and an extra cloak, drop those on the ground, and I wouldn't move for hours. I had a script that I'd run every time I had 10 skins on the ground to bundle 'em and throw them in the cloak. I was definitely overhunting, so I hunted with one hand free constantly. I had enough disarm to be able to open the boxes as I got 'em, so I only had to bring back the ones that needed bashing. I was singing the gems as I got them.

Of course, since I've got thousands of silvers and stuff on the ground, if the game had crashed, I'd be screwed, but it was worth it to stay unencumbered.

Since the skins aren't worth jack anymore and since they changed skinning so I suck at it, it's no good for me anymore. I could stand to do some cash hunting, but I'm just not into the game enough right now to put forth the effort.

Elizabeth

Jonty
09-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Also, time=money.

Generally, pures hunt faster than squares.

Drew2
09-15-2004, 01:13 PM
If someone wants to make a script for an empath to hunt/skin something in any area except Landing (I'm banished. :() then I'll give you a weekly cut of what I make using it.

Something that has a skin of value is preferred.

Also it has to have bones, obviously.

[Edited on 9-15-2004 by Tayre]

StrayRogue
09-15-2004, 01:41 PM
I'll IM you tommorow with something, Tayre.

Skeeter
09-16-2004, 07:48 AM
I currently play a sorcerer. Place to live isn't a problem, I'm on Teras at the moment, but I'm certainly not tied down to anything.
Can't skin for anything since the changes, used to be great at it. currently 47 cast at cs of 254

Askip
09-16-2004, 09:52 AM
Even lower-level critter skins can add up, if there is a steady supply. Fire rats/cats at 200-300 each can get you 50k an hour.

:D

StrayRogue
09-16-2004, 12:21 PM
The benefits of over-hunting, skinning, and being a pure:

*note this is about 90 minutes worth of scripting

The furrier takes the leather cloak, inspects the contents carefully and removes the items he is interested in. The furrier hands it back to and says, "I don't have that much spare silver, I will have to give you a City-States promissory note for it."

The furrier removes the items and hands you a note for 131710 minus a small 265 silver surcharge.

[Script]>remove pack
You take a sturdy hunting pack off your back.
[Script]>sell pack
You ask the furrier if he would like to buy the contents of sturdy hunting pack.
The furrier takes the hunting pack, inspects the contents carefully and removes the items he is interested in. The furrier hands it back to and says, "I don't have that much spare silver, I will have to give you a City-States promissory note for it."

The furrier then places a note for 129306, minus a small 260 silver surcharge, in your hunting pack and returns it to you.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Hook me up with your script Stray? I have an empath that should be able to PWN skinning

StrayRogue
09-16-2004, 12:29 PM
I'm currently converting it to work for multiple areas. So all you'll have to do is type the critter name, set the containers, then it'll go. After that I'll make it available ;)

Raine
08-13-2005, 05:43 AM
....one year later....

StrayRogue
08-13-2005, 07:42 AM
...you're not getting it.

Showal
08-13-2005, 12:01 PM
can i?

Lookkin
08-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I didn't look at the original posting date, started drooling half way down and then went flaccid when I finally read Raine's comment..

Stray..whadda tease! LOL

hectomaner
08-13-2005, 12:20 PM
i got a really nice skinning script like stay, where i run it, tell it what area i'm doing, and its set

[Edited on 8-13-2005 by hectomaner]

Gridlock
08-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Bah my paladin kills stuff lot faster then my wizard. whats spells yall usen to script with?

Alfster
08-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner
i got a really nice skinning script like stay, where i run it, tell it what area i'm doing, and its set

Heh, I was wondering why you told everyone exactly what you were doing.

Fast edit.

StrayRogue
08-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Gridlock
Bah my paladin kills stuff lot faster then my wizard. whats spells yall usen to script with?

Pures generally aren't effected by encumberance.

hectomaner
08-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Originally posted by Gridlock

Pures generally aren't effected by encumberance.

hectomaner
08-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Alfster

Originally posted by hectomaner

Heh, I was wondering why you told everyone exactly what you were doing.

Fast edit.

well it doesnt matter, because my rogue i skin with is sold as of 3 days from now.

just took it out cus its an old topic, not really someone asking about it now

Doyle Hargraves
08-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Skeeter
It was suggested that I start a thread...

Another thread was discussing people making 100k+ per hour hunting. How is this done? What the hell am I doing wrong. Most I've had in the bank after close to 8 years is 5mil.

Advice and smart-assed comments appreciated.

OTF always did the trick for me.

Gridlock
08-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Oh i see wizard still be hunting when the paladin has to go unload. I dont know jack shit about casters i got the one i got from a friend that quit all i know is he cant enchant shit and thats all i do with em.

Lookkin
08-14-2005, 07:33 PM
btw - how the fuck do you skin myklians? I took my rogue out there and just got my hands chewed up somthing fierce.

Thanks..

Lookkin

Janarth
08-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Pretty sure myklians give ya a hand minor for skinning/searching. Great learning for empaths though (take an empath along. not to skin, but just to heal, split the loot).

Skeeter
08-15-2005, 12:22 PM
I did convert to full skinning mode since last year. Advice was sound, skinning pwns. I was having no trouble pulling between 50-75k per hunt. While this isn't 100k it still added up pretty quick.

Thanks for the advice

hectomaner
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
now you got skills, and girls only want boyfriends who have great skills