PDA

View Full Version : Poker

Blazing247
09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
What the hell. Does anyone know if you can do rebuys in a no Limits hold em game if you aren't YET out of chips? I say no, as I've never seen that done in the WSOP. My buddy says yes. I think he stole my money.

Psykos
09-12-2004, 11:07 PM
No, you cannot.

Originally posted by Blazing247
What the hell. Does anyone know if you can do rebuys in a no Limits hold em game if you aren't YET out of chips? I say no, as I've never seen that done in the WSOP. My buddy says yes. I think he stole my money.

Blazing247
09-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I didn't think so. Also, he let someone buy in about 2 minutes after the buy in ended. I'm getting my money back.

Psykos
09-12-2004, 11:24 PM
:deadhorse:

09-12-2004, 11:28 PM
Blazing, u got pwned

Blazing247
09-13-2004, 12:03 AM
According to another roommate, who has been in a few tournaments in AC, you ARE allowed to rebuy in a few tournaments if you still have chips left. Also, there is evidently a famous poker player who notoriously buys in at the last minute as he shows up to the tournaments late. What a shitty, shitty rule. I don't like no limits hold em with rebuys, but that's just me.

Hulkein
09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
That's stale as hell. Tell him he's cheesy.

Parkbandit
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Was it a friendly game? If so, then you all start at the same time with the same chips and no re-buy ins. There are some tourneys that allow it.. but they are only doing it to make more money. If it's a friendly game.. I would look for better friends.

Warriorbird
09-13-2004, 09:08 AM
I'd be... unhappy, to say the least.

Prestius
09-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Well ... assuming it is a re-buy tourney, typically the first 3 (or so) blind levels you can rebuy. After that point the re-buy period is over. You definatelycan't re-buy in the middle of a hand. Some places allow you to rebuy only if you have 0 chips, others allow you to rebuy if you have less than the original starting amount of chips.

Usually in a friendly game you try to lay these things out ahead of time so there's no confusion .. and FWIW, I don't think the WSOP has re-buys ;-)

-P

crazymage
09-13-2004, 11:39 AM
:violin:

Blazing247
09-13-2004, 03:39 PM
<Well ... assuming it is a re-buy tourney, typically the first 3 (or so) blind levels you can rebuy. After that point the re-buy period is over. You definatelycan't re-buy in the middle of a hand. Some places allow you to rebuy only if you have 0 chips, others allow you to rebuy if you have less than the original starting amount of chips.

Usually in a friendly game you try to lay these things out ahead of time so there's no confusion .. and FWIW, I don't think the WSOP has re-buys ;-) >

That's what I thought. Personally, I hate rebuys because it alters the way people play the game if they know they can buy more chips (go all in when they shouldn't, etc). We're great friends, but we are ultra competitive when it comes to gambling. I told him I was pissed about the way it went down, and he bought me lunch- I guess I can't complain.

Also, Suregay, shove that violin up your ass. Thanks.